Let's talk keith thurman

TownBiz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thurman looked like the terminator working his way up the ranks....a scary destructive force. but he hasn't looked too spectacular in his last 5 fights...i could give thurman a pass for bundu because nobody reallized bundu was that good. But then thurman faced a clearly shopworn robert guerrero and to be honest, i thought floyd was far more impressive in beating guerrero ...and the floyd fight was when guerrero was still in his prime.

collazzo came thisclose to stopping thurman before getting beat into submission himself...and porter arguably beat thurman...that's how close and competitive the fight was.

then comes danny garcia, moving up in weight, who also gives thurman a pretty close fight.

i think at this point we know just how good thurman is...he is what we think he is. like ggg, he was dominant on his way up....but then at the truly championship level, he was made to appear good but nothing special.

If it wasn't for spence i'd give thurman another year or two as champ at ww, then a move up to 154 where he'd really struggle. But, now that thurman has agreed to a spence fight, it's pretty clear the end of the thurman era is upon us.

spence is a big, natural welter...he's phenomenally skilled, with KO power and an iron chin. He showed up thurman by blowing away bundu, brook and peterson. They say triangular theories don't work in boxing and it's sometimes true...but for the most part, they do. it's just logic. thurman's best hope against spence is no hope at all...he'd need to get really, really lucky.

Go to bed lol

Thurman has looked better in his last few fights, actually.
I essentially wrote him off when I saw his performance over Jan Zaveck. He was slow, telegraphed, lacked decent ring movement. He's not the dominant world beater you and others may have suspected he was, but he's a very good boxer overall regardless.

Now he's a very sound boxer who can also bang.

How much weed was the op powered by?

I think he's a pretty smart boxer overall. I like him. That said, I'm sort of seeing what I see with Danny Garcia, a guy who either peaked before he got his biggest fights or a guy who just stopped getting better once the spotlight was on him.

Also, as for a potential Thurman/Spence fight- Spence is looking really good right now, no doubt, but there's no one that he's fought that you'd pick to beat Thurman, IMO. Thats a good fight if it happens.

Also, as for a potential Thurman/Spence fight- Spence is looking really good right now, no doubt, but there's no one that he's fought that you'd pick to beat Thurman, IMO. Thats a good fight if it happens.
I'd pick Brook over Thurman

imo i would of picked kell to beat thurman. I think there was a reason keith never tried to make that fight and i think theres a reason why thurman aint eager to get in the ring with spence.

I thoroughly agreed with your first statement about being slightly like danny garcia in a sense. Keith has every opportunity to make waves in boxing and has really killed his own momentum. When there is a person in your own weight class calling you out multiple times it doesnt make you look that good

imo i would of picked kell to beat thurman. I think there was a reason keith never tried to make that fight and i think theres a reason why thurman aint eager to get in the ring with spence.

I thoroughly agreed with your first statement about being slightly like danny garcia in a sense. Keith has every opportunity to make waves in boxing and has really killed his own momentum. When there is a person in your own weight class calling you out multiple times it doesnt make you look that good
eh, I don't get all the hype about Brook. Whats he done? Beat Porter in a close one like Thurman did and got his face caved in 2 fights in a row?

eh, I don't get all the hype about Brook. Whats he done? Beat Porter in a close one like Thurman did and got his face caved in 2 fights in a row?
He isn’t a bad fighter and him vs Thurman isn’t a bad fight.

I mean he might be beat beyond repair now but hes got good boxing in every department. Im not impressed by keith. He has natural talent but i think kell would of broke him down. Keith fades especially if he cant hurt them early.
Also i didnt find him beating porter almost 3 years after kell beat him impressive. I think keith has been protecting himself and will be exposed. I might even pick porter in the 2nd fight since keith seems to think fight fans want that fight more than the spence/bud fight

I mean he might be beat beyond repair now but hes got good boxing in every department. Im not impressed by keith. He has natural talent but i think kell would of broke him down. Keith fades especially if he cant hurt them early.
Also i didnt find him beating porter almost 3 years after kell beat him impressive. I think keith has been protecting himself and will be exposed. I might even pick porter in the 2nd fight since keith seems to think fight fans want that fight more than the spence/bud fight
IMO, Thurman is just a lot more complete than anyone Spence has fought. Not sure who I'd pick but I don't think there's a clear favorite.

IMO, Thurman is just a lot more complete than anyone Spence has fought. Not sure who I'd pick but I don't think there's a clear favorite.

One guy puts tons of work into the body in every fight and the other guy has been seriously hurt to the body in several fights even by guys not known for having power.

Brook beat Porter, someone Keith had a really hard decision against.

Peterson had a really close fight vs Danny who Keith had a hard decision against.

Spence beat the shit out of both of them. The better question is who did Keith beat that we would think Spence wouldn't beat.

Or better yet, who would Keith not look mediocre against that Spence beat... Algeri?

Brook beat Porter, someone Keith had a really hard decision against.

Peterson had a really close fight vs Danny who Keith had a hard decision against.

Spence beat the shit out of both of them. The better question is who did Keith beat that we would think Spence wouldn't beat.

Or better yet, who would Keith not look mediocre against that Spence beat... Algeri?
Even though Errol stopped Bundu, I feel like Keef got hit less per round on average, and that was when nobody knew who Bundu was

Even though Errol stopped Bundu, I feel like Keef got hit less per round on average, and that was when nobody knew who Bundu was

Fair enough. Still think Spence looked better overall in their respective fights vs Bundu.

Back