Let's talk keith thurman

Brook beat Porter, someone Keith had a really hard decision against.

Peterson had a really close fight vs Danny who Keith had a hard decision against.

Spence beat the shit out of both of them. The better question is who did Keith beat that we would think Spence wouldn't beat.

Or better yet, who would Keith not look mediocre against that Spence beat... Algeri?
Brook won a majority decision against Porter. Its not like he dominated him.

Spence/Thurman is even to me until I see something that tells me otherwise.

Even though Errol stopped Bundu, I feel like Keef got hit less per round on average, and that was when nobody knew who Bundu was
after dropping bundu, thurman fought a lot more defensively the rest of the fight...on the other hand, spence was a lot more aggressive in the bundu fight, which always leaves one open getting hit more.

Im a casual boxing fan but goddamn If im not excited in seeing Thurman/Spence. Hoping Thurman has a tune up before he faces Spence though, whose riding a wave right now.

I actually think is a 50/50 fight, I thought I favoured Thurman after the Porter fight but Spence's distance is ridiculous. He seems to always be in the right place to land his power shots.

Brook won a majority decision against Porter. Its not like he dominated him.

Spence/Thurman is even to me until I see something that tells me otherwise.
you weren't paying attention to the brook-porter fight...brook won practically every round...made it look easy. and i was rooting for porter the whole way.

Also, as for a potential Thurman/Spence fight- Spence is looking really good right now, no doubt, but there's no one that he's fought that you'd pick to beat Thurman, IMO. Thats a good fight if it happens.

I'd pick Brook to beat Thurman (maybe not after catching back to back beatings from Golovkin and Spence, but before those beatings, anyway). It would be a boxing match from the outside, and Brook is comparably athletic with a much better lead hand.

weed, weed, weed..that's all you ever talk about. <41>
Seriously your post has the train of thought that seems completely logical until you wake up and wonder who ate all the Doritos in the house.

Porter in no way almost beat Thurman and Danny wasnt very close either.

Youre underselling Thurman. Badly.

That said, Spence slaughters him easily. Spence has too much behind his punches and he is maybe the most dedicated body puncher in the game right now. We already know that Thurman cant take a body beating, and thats how you take away his pop. Maybe 2-3 fun rounds, then Spence walks him down and stomps him.

Brook beat Porter, someone Keith had a really hard decision against.

Peterson had a really close fight vs Danny who Keith had a hard decision against.

Spence beat the shit out of both of them. The better question is who did Keith beat that we would think Spence wouldn't beat.

Or better yet, who would Keith not look mediocre against that Spence beat... Algeri?

Well, I think Thurman does damage to Peterson. I also think Danny G has a good set of eyes and timing to be a problem for Spence. It would be a good fight and I could see Danny catching Spence in a way that would make it real interesting. Spence is not some terminator. Spence shells up and plods forward. I like Spence but parts of his game are robotic (in that respect, I suppose he is a terminator).

Spence vs Thurman is a good fight. Crawford vs Spence is a good one too (I won't say "better" as Crawford is not a tested WW).

Thurman is a great boxer.

A great boxer knows great boxers.

Errol spence is a great fighter.

Thurman is a great boxer...Errol spence is a great fighter.

This says it all and suscintly!!! For the same reason, I’m of the opinion that Thurman has the skills to deploy a susccessful tactical plan and likely outbox Spencer. Brooks has good boxing skills, but his tactical plan against Spencer was wrong. Thurman should study this fight in detail, and, with his good foot speed (faster and better coordinated than Spencer’s) use it to optimize the strategy he used against Danny Garcia, instead of closing the distance against Spencer as Brook did

Along with AJ/Wilder, I see Thurman/Spence as the top attraction in boxing. They both beat Crawford imo.

Seriously your post has the train of thought that seems completely logical until you wake up and wonder who ate all the Doritos in the house.
Yeah, as commonly displayed by your exhaustive "research", lol

Last edited:
Along with AJ/Wilder, I see Thurman/Spence as the top attraction in boxing. They both beat Crawford imo.
IMO, Crawford, given a couple of acclimation fights at ww, stops Thurman....gives spence a war...it is an opinion forum, right?

Porter in no way almost beat Thurman and Danny wasnt very close either.

Youre underselling Thurman. Badly.

That said, Spence slaughters him easily. Spence has too much behind his punches and he is maybe the most dedicated body puncher in the game right now. We already know that Thurman cant take a body beating, and thats how you take away his pop. Maybe 2-3 fun rounds, then Spence walks him down and stomps him.
not "underselling" Thurman...i'm talking about what the majority of fans saw. Porter-Thurman WAS that close.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vs-shawn-porter-winner-scorecard-and-reaction

Thurman-Garcia was a SD. Thurman had to work his ass off to get close wins in both fights. but that's not "underselling" him. Porter is a top ww and a former champ who has dominated some of the best (alexander, berto) at the weight. Garcia was a standout jww champ for several years...beat guys like khan, Peterson, matthysse. So, a close win over either of those guys in no way diminishes Thurman.

thurman looked like the terminator working his way up the ranks....a scary destructive force. but he hasn't looked too spectacular in his last 5 fights...i could give thurman a pass for bundu because nobody reallized bundu was that good. But then thurman faced a clearly shopworn robert guerrero and to be honest, i thought floyd was far more impressive in beating guerrero ...and the floyd fight was when guerrero was still in his prime.

collazzo came thisclose to stopping thurman before getting beat into submission himself...and porter arguably beat thurman...that's how close and competitive the fight was.

then comes danny garcia, moving up in weight, who also gives thurman a pretty close fight.

i think at this point we know just how good thurman is...he is what we think he is. like ggg, he was dominant on his way up....but then at the truly championship level, he was made to appear good but nothing special.

If it wasn't for spence i'd give thurman another year or two as champ at ww, then a move up to 154 where he'd really struggle. But, now that thurman has agreed to a spence fight, it's pretty clear the end of the thurman era is upon us.

spence is a big, natural welter...he's phenomenally skilled, with KO power and an iron chin. He showed up thurman by blowing away bundu, brook and peterson. They say triangular theories don't work in boxing and it's sometimes true...but for the most part, they do. it's just logic. thurman's best hope against spence is no hope at all...he'd need to get really, really lucky.

wait, what did i miss??? when did thurman agree to fight spence??? can u post a link?

Also, as for a potential Thurman/Spence fight- Spence is looking really good right now, no doubt, but there's no one that he's fought that you'd pick to beat Thurman, IMO. Thats a good fight if it happens.

i would HIGHLY favor kell brook in a fight vs thurman if said fight took place in brooks backyard. errol went across the pond and beat the sht outta brook, but no way keith goes across the pond and beats brook.

eh, I don't get all the hype about Brook. Whats he done? Beat Porter in a close one like Thurman did and got his face caved in 2 fights in a row?

i thought brook did much better than i thought he would vs spence! some people had brook up 4 rounds to 2 through the first 6 rounds vs spence

Back