Let's talk keith thurman

Imo, I think folks are getting a little too excited over Crawford and Spence’s defense/getting hit.

They really arent showing their opponents any respect. I think theyre walking through these guys more than they are lacking the skills.

that very much could be true but that is very dangerous. Never underestimate your opponent

I agree with this. Thurman is being underrated and disrespected a bit. He is one of the most athletic guys in the sport right now, and has shown the ability to be fairly creative. He is not a big guy though, I'd say he's very average for a welterweight. So Spence has a significant natural size advantage over Thurman and is a more dangerous puncher. But Thurman is still not an easy fight for Spence, there is at least a little bit of danger there.

The next superfight is Canelo vs Spence. I don't think they are drastically different in size at all.

More than anything to me is kieth mentally is not there. The last few times ive heard him talk it seemed like he was ready to retire. Thats dangerous

More than anything to me is kieth mentally is not there. The last few times ive heard him talk it seemed like he was ready to retire. Thats dangerous

That's how I felt about Danny Garcia leading up to his last few fights. He just did not sound like a guy who wanted to fight, it sounded like a guy ready to cash out. If Keith is in that same place then you are right, that's a dangerous place to be.

That's how I felt about Danny Garcia leading up to his last few fights. He just did not sound like a guy who wanted to fight, it sounded like a guy ready to cash out. If Keith is in that same place then you are right, that's a dangerous place to be.

I definitely dont see garcia begging for the big fights. I feel like hes found his niche. I can beat mid teir guys for low millions and be happy

“You’re not gonna see it [in] ’18, baby,” Thurman said. “This is a get-back year. This is a get-back year. You’re not gonna be able to see it.”

"I just became unified. He just became champion, with his first title defense. I’ve yet to defend my unification. And I’m gonna be defending it after the injury. So this is all the get-back year. I hope later this year we can do an exciting fight for you. But it will not be EJ. EJ is to come in the near future, but not that soon.”

“So in 2018, we’re coming back, we’re holding our position,” Thurman said. “We can possibly have a big fight – arguably the Shawn Porter rematch, arguably there’s enough drama to do a Danny Garcia rematch. I don’t know what’s gonna happen later this year. I know I’m gonna be fighting May 19th.

“I know I’m gonna be getting back into action. I want something big to happen later, but Errol Spence and expanding outside of this unification and into another unification just is not gonna happen this year. I know that. The fans might not understand that, but that’s just the way it is.”

Some fucking Canelo level bullshit right there. He'd rather fight a rematch against Porter or Garcia who don't have belts. He must know that he's just keeping Errol's belts warm for him. I'm especially annoyed because for YEARS he would spout about how champs won't fight anyone and he just gets ducked and that it hurts boxing when the best won't fight the best. Now he has 2 belts and goes full bitch. How many times did he call Danny Garcia a "cherry picker" ? Yeah fuck you Thurman.

can someone please explain to me what thurman means when he says “this is a get back year”??!? like get back in action?

why would thurman be willing to fight both garcia and porter but not spence? he already beat those two and it would do nothing for his legacy(if he is even trying to build a legacy) plus no one wants to see that.. i dont want to hear its because they are mandatorys!! unification bouts trump mandatorys!

i dont know whos the bigger ducker.. thurman, porter, or garcia??? they are all running scared and its a shame for us boxing fans!!!

I was hoping they would fight this year. By the end of the year would be nice. Maybe Spence would agree to a rematch clause on Keith's behalf since he's most likely going to beat him anyway. That could get Spence the fight this year (if Spence agreed) but it sounds like Keith won't even entertain that idea. Disappointing.

The next superfight is Canelo vs Spence. I don't think they are drastically different in size at all.

I said that in another thread on Sunday. RR said not gonna happen... welll, he said no 160. I don't see Canelo getting below 160.

can someone please explain to me what thurman means when he says “this is a get back year”??!? like get back in action?

why would thurman be willing to fight both garcia and porter but not spence? he already beat those two and it would do nothing for his legacy(if he is even trying to build a legacy) plus no one wants to see that.. i dont want to hear its because they are mandatorys!! unification bouts trump mandatorys!

i dont know whos the bigger ducker.. thurman, porter, or garcia??? they are all running scared and its a shame for us boxing fans!!!

he had surgery, and then got married. So yea, a get back into action kind of year.

I dont think he is about the legacy. I mean, obviously any top boxer is to some degree, but it is not that important to him. I think physical, mental, and financial health are paramount to keith. He actually seems like a well thought, smart dude... I just dont like him as a boxer.

he had surgery, and then got married. So yea, a get back into action kind of year.

I dont think he is about the legacy. I mean, obviously any top boxer is to some degree, but it is not that important to him. I think physical, mental, and financial health are paramount to keith. He actually seems like a well thought, smart dude... I just dont like him as a boxer.

he didnt seem that way before he was a champion...what happened to i have an 0 and im not afraid to let it go? or you better not duck me son.. it seemed he was all about legacy before he got the belts.. his fans are turning on him..

147 is the king of boxing right now why wouldnt he want to unify?! i guess im just sick of these guys looking for big money fights instead of wanting to prove they are the best.. same with ufc champs. everyone trying to be like floyd and conor.. they both damaged their respective sports.

I said that in another thread on Sunday. RR said not gonna happen... welll, he said no 160. I don't see Canelo getting below 160.

He is saying that Spence would not go to 160 for a big money fight? I don't blame him, as long as there's still money to be made at 147-154. But I would like to see it, I don't think Canelo is that much bigger than Spence. Canelo was making 152 up until recently.

rumors are that thurman will not face vargas. These rumors came about because vargas was not at the showtime event and his latest tweets about fighters taking the easy route.

if no vargas who do you think thurman fights? winner of ortiz vs devon?

I agree with this. Thurman is being underrated and disrespected a bit. He is one of the most athletic guys in the sport right now, and has shown the ability to be fairly creative. He is not a big guy though, I'd say he's very average for a welterweight. So Spence has a significant natural size advantage over Thurman and is a more dangerous puncher. But Thurman is still not an easy fight for Spence, there is at least a little bit of danger there.

it will be crawford spence. terrance is 157 on fight night(undongo)so the size difference is not that drastic.

crawford can give spence problems because he has great angles, footwork, switch hits and can punch with both hands

Back