Liberals Three Times More Likely Than Conservatives to 'Unfriend' on Social Media Over Politics

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Are you being dishonest? Do you have any idea what this government is doing?

I assumed you followed I guess you don't.
You're derailing you're own feckin thread and are indeed derping it up .

consider:

Liberals, living mostly in urban centers, are far more likely to have a diverse social circle

Extreme right-wing views: Racists, Sexist, and Homophobic ideals are somewhat harder to "live with" than the things liberals do that annoy conservatives.

and then there's this guy, seriously what would the left wing version of trump be? Does one exist?

donald-trump-funny-angry-face.jpg

That's the thing. The left wing version of Trump is Trump. Make him a democrat and watch all of his positions change.

Breaking news!!! Liberals are hurt hurt scum who are going to cry for 8 years!!! Video at 11.

Please. Both sides have whiney bitches on them. After Obama won I was living in Texas. It was pretty sad watching people crying over an election result. A more recent example would be all those Yeti coolers getting blown up. Be better than this.

I can understand getting annoyed by conservative junk news posters on my facebook.

Like imagine @Cint on facebook.

If you have Cint as a FB friend in the first place then you probably need to re-evaluate your life

I think liberals in general are more likely to have conservative friends than conservatives are to have liberal friends.

I think liberals in general are more likely to have conservative friends than conservatives are to have liberal friends.
If you identify as a liberal or a conservative, you are kind of a weirdo, imo

What I see is liberals posting political shit all the time and when they see political views they dont like they cry that "you're being political".

yea. any observations of facebook will inevitably reflect on your own friends/family i guess. i have a shit ton of right wing conspiracy posters and such. very few liberal posters.

The War Room is truly far superior to Facebook for political discussion despite how toxic this place can get. I pretty much always regret getting into political discussions there when I make the mistake of wading in.

Why though? Social media is supposed to be a pleasant experience, why should someone accept annoying posts from other people? Not everyone wants to use social media for "muh marketplace of ideas", some people just want to share pop culture memes and recipes.

I don't unfriend people but there is one person whose posts I use the 30 day hide feature for when they bug me. This person is nice in person but kind of an obnoxious SJW type on Facebook and trying to argue never works out well so I just hide their posts when they bug me. Once the 30 days are up I give them another chance and then hide the posts again if they bug me again.
Whats to stop you from simply scrolling past or not reading said posts?

Or reading them, simply disagree, and go about your day business as usual?
Clearly what you do works for you, just curious is all

Whats to stop you from simply scrolling past or not reading said posts?

Or reading them, simply disagree, and go about your day business as usual?
Clearly what you do works for you, just curious is all
If its one or two posts that's different but sometimes it clogs my feed a bit and honestly even if it is just one or two its still annoying. Imagine scrolling through your feed and half a dozen versions of "conservatives BTFO" or some liberal Kum Bah Ya shit every time you log in or even two or three.

When the posts are hidden you can still message the person and go to their wall to see what they posted, you just scrub it from your feed.

If its one or two posts that's different but sometimes it clogs my feed a bit and honestly even if it is just one or two its still annoying. Imagine scrolling through your feed and half a dozen versions of "conservatives BTFO" or some liberal Kum Bah Ya shit every time you log in or even two or three.

When the posts are hidden you can still message the person and go to their wall to see what they posted, you just scrub it from your feed.
I feel you
Im a Federal Employee that CONSTANTLY has to tell my boss not to tag me in anything political on FB

Which is actually hilarious, but annoying sometimes

That's the thing. The left wing version of Trump is Trump. Make him a democrat and watch all of his positions change.
What positions would have to change? Pro illegal immigration? That wasn't Obama or Clinton. Do dem presidents have to light up the white house in the gay flag now to be democrats?

Back