Social Liberals Triggered By "It's Okay To Be White" Flyers In Portland

What it reveals most importantly is the radically different glasses the right puts on when presented with an innocuous, pro-race slogan.

So you see "It's OK To Be White" and accept it for exactly what it communicates, reading nothing into it.

But when you see "Black Lives Matter" you read it as "Black Lives Matter More Than White Ones" and become hysterically aggrieved.

If you followed this same approach with"It's OK To Be White" you would be reading it as "It's Better To Be White". And that would, obviously be pretty offensive.
That's an excellent observation. Well done.

Last edited:
I wouldn't see the purpose in putting that kind of flyer up.

I wouldn't do it.

Doesn't Oregon have a history of race problems to include being home to extremist groups?

As we all know the OK hand gesture is a sign for white power, so this is just coded messaging.

th

It's alt right code for jerking off tiny dicks.

The racism from the Left is 100 fold the racism from the right.

Edit: Here is the video.

She can move to a predominantly non white neighbourhood to feel safe...

Ten pages of arguing and all these triggered liberals in Oregon and I don’t see anyone acknowledging the obvious reality that “it’s ok to be white” is nothing more than a troll job whose purpose is to illustrate how insane progressives will freak out and call any insufficiently anti-white statement racist. It’s not a movement, it’s not a counterpoint to BLM. It’s a sociological experiment wrapped up in a prank.

I can't speak for anybody but myself, I don't think that's the case at all. It's just a troll move, and people don't want weird internet trolls putting weird racially motivated political signs around their neighborhoods.

I'm a homeowner. When you're a homeowner, your primary responsibility is keeping weird shit out of your neighborhood. I think that's pretty universal. If some strange Internet guys come up with a troll campaign, they can keep that out of my neighborhood.

If any internet troll tries to put any shit on

Ten pages of arguing and all these triggered liberals in Oregon and I don’t see anyone acknowledging the obvious reality that “it’s ok to be white” is nothing more than a troll job whose purpose is to illustrate how insane progressives will freak out and call any insufficiently anti-white statement racist. It’s not a movement, it’s not a counterpoint to BLM. It’s a sociological experiment wrapped up in a prank.

That's actually what I said.

I can't speak for anybody but myself, I don't think that's the case at all. It's just a troll move, and people don't want weird internet trolls putting weird racially motivated political signs around their neighborhoods.

Are people in this thread really trying to convey that it isn't ok to be white???
No one in here said that. Even the people who tore it down didn't say that. The problem people have with the sign is that it's a response to Black Lives Matter. Beaverton and Portland as a whole are overwhelmingly white, the only reason to post that sign is to create further division. Of course it's ok to be white.

Are they really freaking out though? Sure a few people overreacted, there was one news segment on it in a place that doesn't have a lot of news to cover. No one even said it's not ok to be white nor is BLM is anti-white. It's more like the right jumping at an opportunity to judge liberals as being racist towards whites.

I wouldn't see the purpose in putting that kind of flyer up.

I wouldn't do it.

Doesn't Oregon have a history of race problems to include being home to extremist groups?
Yeah it does when it comes to black people. Portland is a little odd since it's so liberal these days, you see a lot of BLM signs and rainbow flags in store windows and front lawns, but the surrounding areas are conservative and Beaverton isn't exactly in Portland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-an-all-white-state/?utm_term=.5999430714d4

That's probably what makes Portland so volatile, you have the far left in the city and the far right surrounding it, so when tensions flare up and they meet each other in "protest" shit gets squirrelly quickly. You have Seattle above it and it's probably more liberal with less violence or confrontation because it's not as close to such an extreme opposition.

Yeah it does when it comes to black people. Portland is a little odd since it's so liberal these days, you see a lot of BLM signs and rainbow flags in store windows and front lawns, but the surrounding areas are conservative and Beaverton isn't exactly in Portland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-an-all-white-state/?utm_term=.5999430714d4

That's probably what makes Portland so volatile, you have the far left in the city and the far right surrounding it, so when tensions flare up and they meet each other in "protest" shit gets squirrelly quickly. You have Seattle above it and it's probably more liberal with less violence or confrontation because it's not as close to such an extreme opposition.

Interesting. I spent some time in Eugene, and I never experienced any tensions. They were protesting families being split at the borer. Other than that everyone seemed to get along. It may be because it is a college town.

I am personally tired of these "warring factions". Just go to work, take care of your household, and live your life. Get involved in your community if you have the desire to, and when you meet someone who differs from you take it as an opportunity to learn. You're not going to agree with everyone, and that is fine (I don't think many of us realize it's okay to disagree).

During the mid term, people were going up to strangers asking them who they voted for, looking to be triggered one way or the other. It's getting out of hand. Live and let live, that is my take.

nah man, you got it all wrong.

@Ripskater has no affiliation other than that he is a troll.

he just says anything to try & get a rise out of people. pretty sad actually.

he contradicts himself over & over again. yet he likes people to think he's a "good-Christian" & a "good -American".

he is neither of which. that is the absolute truth. he doesn't respect the Constitution, nor does he even follow the very basic tenants of Christianity.

Christianity & American values only matter to Rip as long as they are convenient & in line with his terrible views.
As a Christian I disagree. Nothing he says runs afoul of the basic tenets of Christianity as I see them. I've learned long since to be wary of people who aren't Christians telling me what it means for me to be a Christian or how as a Christian I ought to act. They are usually wrong.

Is he a troll? Well, on the internet anything is possible. And if he is a troll, he's suckered me good, because I believe his schtick. But laying down your opinion on a person you've never met as "absolute truth" is sort of a red flag here, dontcha think?

No one in here said that. Even the people who tore it down didn't say that. The problem people have with the sign is that it's a response to Black Lives Matter. Beaverton and Portland as a whole are overwhelmingly white, the only reason to post that sign is to create further division. Of course it's ok to be white.
I see the point people are making between "It's OK to be white" and "Black Lives Matter" to some extent, but I don't think one is a response to the other. The point of the signs is not anti-black in the slightest. The target is liberal white guilt, and if this thread is any indication, it hits that mark well.

Racism towards white people is becoming a national past time these days.

As a Christian I disagree. Nothing he says runs afoul of the basic tenets of Christianity as I see them. I've learned long since to be wary of people who aren't Christians telling me what it means for me to be a Christian or how as a Christian I ought to act. They are usually wrong.

Is he a troll? Well, on the internet anything is possible. And if he is a troll, he's suckered me good, because I believe his schtick. But laying down your opinion on a person you've never met as "absolute truth" is sort of a red flag here, dontcha think?

I've given my assessment over the years on him.

but I'm too lazy to get into this.

but I'll share why I regard Rip as a terrible Christian & a terrible American as simply as I can.

in the thread about the horrible shooting in the synagogue a few weeks ago, he had the gonads to say "this country needs more Christianity".

It's not only that it's patronizing when a rabid atheist tries to teach you about belief in God, it's that they are using an argument they themselves don't believe. This happens all the time in politics, it's quite annoying.

As for @Ripskater, what i think people mean is that he says stuff to get a rise of libs, the irony being that this forum is full of full blown trolls and downright mean spirited people. Basically, people are mad at rip cause he successfully triggers so many with his mild mannered politics, imo.

but I'll share why I regard Rip as a terrible Christian & a terrible American as simply as I can.

in the thread about the horrible shooting in the synagogue a few weeks ago, he had the gonads to say "this country needs more Christianity".

See, when I see a Christian thinking any country needs more Christianity, I find that consistent with the beliefs of Christianity. If he had said, "the last thing we need is more Christians", then I'd find that suspect. So whether or not you agree with him, I don't find anything in your example to be trollish or out of line with core Christian tenets. Furthermore, I don't share your conclusion that he is a terrible person. Maybe he is, after all, knowing someone over the internet is not a good way at all to get a sense of who they are. But from what i see, he's a relatively simple and straightforward Christian. I'm quite happy he's back.

Back