lidwig or duke roufus

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
who would you rather train under? who doyou feel is better

Ludwig. I don't feel Duke has a particular great grasp of MT and still has a lot of the shiny pants kickboxing faults in his system.

rafael corderio or sinister.

i dont get whypeople love rafael so much iv seen alot of his training on youtube and i dont see how hes a top guy toccos gyms pretty cheap which is good thing ill def check it out if i visit vegas

Ludwig. I don't feel Duke has a particular great grasp of MT and still has a lot of the shiny pants kickboxing faults in his system.

tbh traditional thai isnt very good for modern day mma when guys can wrestle well the only 2 true guys who fight like traditional thai boxers are carlos condit and cowboy and both have issues defending takedowns due to there flat footed stance and high posture

tbh traditional thai isnt very good for modern day mma when guys can wrestle well the only 2 true guys who fight like traditional thai boxers are carlos condit and cowboy and both have issues defending takedowns due to there flat footed stance and high posture
I completely agree with traditional Muay Thai being a pretty poor choice for MMA but just to save more misinformation about it Cerrone isn't really particular Muay Thai style and Condit is nowhere near

Neither of those guys really fight like traditional Thai fighters.

As for the answer to the question though - Roufus is the more proven coach with more proven high level fighters - so i'd have to go with him.

Duke and Duane both have a ton of content online. You can watch a few vids of each and get a graps for the type of stuff/teaching style youd rather have (or learn from).

From what i can tell Duane seems more systematic woth his approach to stuff. I swear Duke was drunk in one tutorial i found. I can find it if youd like pretty funny

I completely agree with traditional Muay Thai being a pretty poor choice for MMA but just to save more misinformation about it Cerrone isn't really particular Muay Thai style and Condit is nowhere near

cerrone considers himself a thai boxer and he fights very flat footed like most traditional thais loves to chop guys down with kicks

carlos has a thais tyle too with his knees elbows but he throws very weird punches

tbh alot of people n usa just call kick boxing muay thai when i was coaching in Ireland back in 2012 i learnt a big dif from muay thai and kick boxing by the rules

tbh idk why so many guys go to thailand tot rain? why waste that money when u could go to holland get better technique for mma or fuck just go to a top gym n usa ns ave your money? maybe they just wana get some lady boys

i've done a couple Bang seminars so...

i know bunch of guys who train with duke iv never been to his gym id like to due to tyron woodley and askren being there thats one fucken hell of a ww team right

but from what duane did for team alpha male and tj i have to say hes better at getting guys to that level due to good structure he throws his lead hook very weird but i think taking wrestlers and making strikers out of them is a hard thing so many guys fought for 15 years n=and never developed technical striking and always looked like a board id love to see where he could have taken cody if he had stayed with team alpha male theres a reason chad and joseph still cross trains with him even after the fall out

i dont get whypeople love rafael so much iv seen alot of his training on youtube and i dont see how hes a top guy toccos gyms pretty cheap which is good thing ill def check it out if i visit vegas
i don't really personally know anything about corderio, but over the years i have seen him get results with fighters. i have seen fighters leave him, go shitty and them vastly improve when they return to him. as for sinister, he knows shit about boxing i have never even heard of. i might be mistaken but i think sinister may have been trained by one of the best boxers ever mike mccallum. if you want to study the art of boxing watch mccallum. the way he handled julian jackson was ridiculous, probably the best single display of boxing i have ever seen.

Last edited:
Duane Ludwig all day. look at his success through TJ Dillashaw. he's just a wizard when it comes to striking. Duke is good no doubt, but his fighters here lately have just been...... eh....

I feel as if Duane takes a more technical approach in terms of his striking system. he teaches correct technique and show how to correctly punch or kick without using a whole lot of power, but rather focusing on technique specifically as that's what makes you a more successful martial artist. he also teaches you how to effectively switch between southpaw and orthodox and how to comfortably fight in both of those stances.

plus I would much rather live in Westminster which is just outside of Denver and where Ludwig's gym is located. good people, beautiful scenery (mountains and such) and I love training at elevation. Milwaukee is not a good place to live or at least IMO and that's what I've heard over the years. I mean there is crime everywhere you go anymore, but the crime in Milwaukee, WI is high.

If I'm gonna live somewhere to train in MMA and potentially start a family there, I'm gonna make sure it's a safe environment for me to live in and having trained in Colorado before, I can speak for that and say Colorado would be the better choice.

So yea all in all, I would rather have Ludwig as my head striking coach, all day.

Kinda shocked Duke Roufus couldn't even teach CM Punk to throw a right hand... i don't think he's head coach material but he definitely is a decent striking coach, yet couldn't teach CM Punk the basic, so no idea if he was fleecing him or neither really cared and just wanted some $

his fighters seem to get too relaxed with him

I’d say Duane is a little too fancy for a beginner.

If I were to build a fighter I would go to Cordeiro for fundamentals and then sharpen them with Bang’s system

tbh not all coaches can make people good at certain things some fighters just dont have confidence with certain punches like i said before it took me years till i developed my right hand i was always afraid of getting countered if i open up and leave my right hand out too long so id just jab and hook and never use my right hand hardly at all till eventually one day i said fuck it and started using it more some guys it takes them more time to gain confidence with certain positions

same with bjj guys the manlet miyao bros couldnt pass a lick until recently they are having good success with guard passing just takes some people longer to gain confidence

i would go with ludwig to learn the footwork and being able to switch and strike between orthodox and southpaw with ease.

wouldn't mind training under cordeiro for a bit either.

I am personal friends with some of Duanes pro mma fighters. Duane and Duke are both great coaches. If I had to pick one I would go with Duane. His style is not muay thai, its muay thai for mma and is much more similar to dutch kickboxing than "thai" muay thai. Bang Muay Thai is essentially MMA striking. Its really good stuff for MMA. Sparring with my friends that fight for him, I can see how its good for mma, but maybe not so much for muay thai. The guys are really front leg heavy. Anyways Duke is a great coach as well and although he fought kickboxing, it seems he has a solid understanding of muay thai and he does not teach kickboxing. Duke is a little more old school than duane.

Back