Life Without Parole (LWOP)

Tankeray

Primordial Covenant
@Silver
Reaction score
Have any of you known anyone whose gotten life in prison?

A friend of mine did some fucked up shit and was sentenced a couple weeks ago.

It's been hard to wrap my head around it. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking. Anyway his life is essentially over. He's got two boys.

It's just been tough. Anyone have a similar experience?

I know one guy that did 12 years but never knew anyone serving life but that has to be a game changer

Trump should not separate prisoners from their families. That's just not right.

Not me, but i had a friend who was falsely accused by a girl of harassing her. Had to bail him out as soon as I can because he was getting his ass kicked in prison. The case went on for years and made him really depressed. He couldn't even find a job because he felt that everything was just falling to pieces.

It's a crazy feeling seeing a friend in prison.

Not really.

I had an ex-student, who I thought got life, but after looking it up, got less (and shouldn't have for what he did).
Seemed very mild-mannered. Didn't see that coming from him.

Sorry to hear that. I think it should only be used in extreme cases, personally.

In the UK it's very uncommon. A lot of horrific murderers are given life with a minimum term of 20-35 years. There are around 75-100 people with whole life orders currently here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prisoners_with_whole-life_orders

Most of them serial killers, cannibals and murderers who kill again shortly after being released from prison.

What did your friend do?

In the UK it's rare for someone to get LWOP. Murder gets you about 15-25 years, sometimes a lot less. You'll have to go on a murder rampage or kill police or a politician to get LWOP.

You just make a new life in prison. You do jobs inside and study for different degrees. I think i'd rather just get a bullett in the head though.

Ive only known one guy on the outs that got life for murdering some guy for hitting his mom.

I have a child hood friend that did time in out all his life but a few years ago killed someone inside. Hes not getting out

Okay, you can't just say "my friend did some fucked up shit and got LWOP", and not elaborate. C'mon brah, have some forum etiquette

Anyways, no. We don't officially have it over here. I did used to work with guy who's brother was serving 25 to life for a gruesome murder though.

Sorry to hear that. I think it should only be used in extreme cases, personally.

In the UK it's very uncommon. A lot of horrific murderers are given life with a minimum term of 20-35 years. There are around 75-100 people with whole life orders currently here.

Most of them serial killers, cannibals and murderers who kill again shortly after being released from prison.
If you murder someone and get life then why not just kill them at that point? They already killed someone so why should they get to live. I get that people make mistakes but when you kill someone else the only real justice is the same death that was given.

A friend of mines wife shot him in the head and killed him in front of their children. I think they gave her 5 years. Like wtf...

If you murder someone and get life then why not just kill them at that point? They already killed someone so why should they get to live. I get that people make mistakes but when you kill someone else the only real justice is the same death that was given.
because the cops are lazy and/or corrupt, plenty of people have been coerced in saying they did stuff they didn't, even murder.

Last edited:

Private prison industry in the US. That and every so often you hear about a guy who spent 30 years and then was exonerated. Guess ruining his life is easier on the conscience than ending it.

A guy from my gym got 8 years for a bar fight. He got jumped in the bathroom, fought back and one of the dudes who attacked him had his eye basically exploded. I think he should get out in the next year or two.

i'm on a 1st name basis with a guy who's halfway through a 20 years sentence for murder, he could have got a few years off, but he refused to co-operated with the authorities and tell them what had happened.

Last edited:
a buddy of mine from high school our senior year shot two police and killed another. he's got life with no parole (i think they are trying to get the death penalty too)

Nothing as serious as that. I knew someone who was homeless and staying at a shelter who killed someone there because they had been bullying him. I think he got less than 10 years.

That kid that killed his family and his dad lived that was sentenced to death row and got lwop 40 minutes from execution I’m Texas went to my high school. Bart Whittaker

Does that count?

What did your friend do?

In the UK it's rare for someone to get LWOP. Murder gets you about 15-25 years, sometimes a lot less. You'll have to go on a murder rampage or kill police or a politician to get LWOP.

You just make a new life in prison. You do jobs inside and study for different degrees. I think i'd rather just get a bullett in the head though.

Okay, you can't just say "my friend did some fucked up shit and got LWOP", and not elaborate. C'mon brah, have some forum etiquette

Anyways, no. We don't officially have it over here. I did used to work with guy who's brother was serving 25 to life for a gruesome murder though.

This guy had been very mild mannered his whole life. But I guess he had another side to him.

He snapped on this guy who pulled a gun on him and killed him. Then he snapped and killed his ex gf after he was convicted of stalking her.

This is all crazy shit I never expected from this guy. Had a good job and seemed pretty level headed. He went completely psycho.

a buddy of mine from high school our senior year shot two police and killed another. he's got life with no parole (i think they are trying to get the death penalty too)

Goddamn. Yeah my friend was tried for the death penalty but the prosecution and judge fucked up and he ended up getting life.

He threw a laptop across the courtroom at the beginning of the trial then taunted the lead prosecutor after the verdict.....

Shit is insane. Bizarre thing is all his ex's and even his ex wife testified on his behalf and said he never exhibited any of this behavior in their relationships....

Back