Life Without Parole (LWOP)

I got a cousin doing 30 years, an uncle doing 25 to life for murder, a brother in law doing 71 years for murder, another in law doing 26 years for murder, my best friend in high school caught a murder case but he was a juvenile so he only did around 10 years and another uncle that just got out after doing 10 years

Let us know your race and culture, so we can make friendly jokes and not get banned.

i'm on a 1st name basis with a guy who's halfway through a 20 years sentence for murder, he could have got a few years off, but he refused to co-operated with the authorities and tell them what had happened.

Good thing he called Saul

That's a wild story man, I wonder if he endured any head trauma before he went bonkers. I only ask because my best buddy's little brother, whom I knew from 4 years old and always a polite and mild tempered young man, until one day fell off of a tractor at 13 and suffered severe head trauma, when he recovered he was never the same mild tempered guy. My buds brother turned into a criminal almost over night, assaulting people, robbery, dwi, just turned into a rotten guy, to the point he was locked up. Even in court he didnt seem to care that he was going to prison, just laughed and took the sentence on the chin, no remorse for anything.

Last I heard he served 5 years and was out on parole, but currently just a useless meth head.
That’s an excellent question. I know he served as a helicopter mechanic in the Army but never saw combat.

He wrestled in HS (captain) and at Ohio State where he got a degree in electronics.

He got me real big into lifting weights when i was 24-25. Talked me through some shit i was going through. I even saw people get
real mad at him and he would just be calm and diffuse the situation.

Like i said all of this is just hard to understand. I would not be surprised at all if he suffered from some sort of previous concussion. He did tell me that he worked as a bouncer at a real tough underground bar/club and received staples in his head after a fight.

That’s an excellent question. I know he served as a helicopter mechanic in the Army but never saw combat.

He wrestled in HS (captain) and at Ohio State where he got a degree in electronics.

He got me real big into lifting weights when i was 24-25. Talked me through some shit i was going through. I even saw people get
real mad at him and he would just be calm and diffuse the situation.

Like i said all of this is just hard to understand. I would not be surprised at all if he suffered from some sort of previous concussion. He did tell me that he worked as a bouncer at a real tough underground bar/club and received staples in his head after a fight.
The brain is such a precision instrument, any minor damage can make the organ useless and unstable, thus rendering the body unstable.

Officially we don’t have life without parole in Canada, but there’s been a smattering of guys that have been sentenced to life with no chance of parole for 75 years, so practically speaking that’s pretty much the same thing.

If you murder someone and get life then why not just kill them at that point? They already killed someone so why should they get to live. I get that people make mistakes but when you kill someone else the only real justice is the same death that was given.

In case there is new evidence that proves them innocent. You can’t release a dead man from prison. Well, you can. But his corpse would just fall on the ground outside the gates.

Im sure out of all the retards ive met over the years atleast one is doing life.

I havent ever had a facebook or anything so theres alot of people ive lost contact with, thankfully

Anyways, no. We don't officially have it over here. I did used to work with guy who's brother was serving 25 to life for a gruesome murder though.

Obviously posting from Canada. I bet he served less than 12yrs. Am I right?

Officially we don’t have life without parole in Canada, but there’s been a smattering of guys that have been sentenced to life with no chance of parole for 75 years, so practically speaking that’s pretty much the same thing.

Bernardo will never get out.

I got a cousin doing 30 years, an uncle doing 25 to life for murder, a brother in law doing 71 years for murder, another in law doing 26 years for murder, my best friend in high school caught a murder case but he was a juvenile so he only did around 10 years and another uncle that just got out after doing 10 years

All Michigan fans I hope ;)

Personally, the 71 yr sentence caught my eye. What a random number. Why no just make it 70 yrs and call it a done deal. Now I'm wondering what he did for that extra year?

Many moons ago I worked with a guy who worked in the back of the house at a restaurant who did like 10-12 years for stabbing a guy and killing him

<LikeReally5><TheWire1><{clintugh}><Dylan><{anton}>{<huh}<Huh2><{katwhu}>

<JagsKiddingMe>

Have any of you known anyone whose gotten life in prison?

A friend of mine did some fucked up shit and was sentenced a couple weeks ago.

It's been hard to wrap my head around it. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking. Anyway his life is essentially over. He's got two boys.

It's just been tough. Anyone have a similar experience?

What did he do?

Eh I separated myself from those kinds of friends years ago. People in and out of jail bring drama to your life. Do not want.

I just looked it up because i wasn't sure of his sentence, but this guy who was friends with a guy i used to be friends with got life without parole. He was one of those guys who just could not stay out of trouble. We hung out with him a few times, but i was never friends with him. He was a trouble magnet and sure enough, he ended up killing someone.

Back