Lift for Kids' Sake 2017 - 5th Year

NurseKnuckles

My Mom's stronger than you belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm starting to put together this year's event! August 2017 marks the 5th year.

2016 we raised over $6400!

All the money goes to Big Brothers and Sisters of Leeds & Grenville where it is used to fund an after school program for High School kids. We lift weights, eat and healthy dinner, and do homework. Let's keep this event growing!

I'm going to start selling the T-Shirts, Hats, Hoodies and new this year, women's tank tops!

It went really well, considering all the drama and shite I had to deal with throughout the year. People were throwing $8000 around, but I have not been given the official auditors total money raised.

I handed an envelope of $5900 in cash that morning. This did not include registration, tshirt sales (Which was basically $0, since I make no money on them), vendor fees, a $1000 donation from a friend, online donations that were still in GoFundMe, a late $500 Union donation, money from the Strongman Event registration and donations and cash donations at the site.

I'd say $8000 is pretty close. My expenses were quite minimal this year.

$1300 T-Shirts
$360 Food for volunteers and athletes

Everything else I spent was not counted as I just considered it my financial contribution. I think we have found a good formula for the event. I take care of the pre-meet tasks like promotions, registration, sponsors, vendors, etc... Elite Powerlfiting Canada takes care of the equipment and run the meet on the day.

It's a great thing you're doing Nurse and I'm sure it's appreciated immensely by the Big Brothers & Sisters and also your community. The world needs more people like you - keep it up.

It's a great thing you're doing Nurse and I'm sure it's appreciated immensely by the Big Brothers & Sisters and also your community. The world needs more people like you - keep it up.
Thanks Milk.
I have a lot to think about for next year.

Back