Light Sentence for Brock Turner in Stanford Rape Case Draws Outrage

Islam Imamate

Master of sports in Moderation.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A recall effort against a California judge was announced on Monday in a sexual assault case at Stanford University that ignited public outrage after the defendant was sentenced to a mere six months in jail and his father complained that his son’s life had been ruined for “20 minutes of action” fueled by alcohol and promiscuity.

In court, the victim had spoken out against the inequities of the legal process, arguing that the trial, the sentencing and the legal system’s approach to sexual assault — from the defense lawyer’s questions about what she wore that night to her attacker’s sentence — were irrevocably marred by male and class privilege.

The case, which had made headlines after the suspect was found guilty in March, began to seize the public’s attention anew after a Santa Clara County Superior Court judge, Aaron Persky, on Thursday handed the defendant, Brock Allen Turner, 20, what many critics denounced as a lenient sentence, including three years’ probation, for three felony counts of sexual assault.

According to the judge: “A prison sentence would have a severe impact on him. I think he will not be a danger to others.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/u...ents-of-victim-and-attackers-father.html?_r=0

Was surprised to see no thread on this here since its making the rounds on social media. What do you guys think? I don't know that much about the case but it does seem like a lenient sentence for a legit rape convict.

A story about rape, social outrage, and claims of privilege, with a young white man as the accused? I expect this to descend into panic about the extreme-Liberal agenda and Feminists turning the USA into cuckolds in 20 posts or less.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/u...ents-of-victim-and-attackers-father.html?_r=0

Was surprised to see no thread on this here since its making the rounds on social media. What do you guys think? I don't know that much about the case but it does seem like a lenient sentence for a legit rape convict.
It does seem to be a light sentence, but from what I have read about the judge, he is typically a pretty fair individual when it comes to things like this.

The issue I take is that this kid has suffered enough by losing his scholarships and such.

And the kid's dad sending a letter to the judge saying he shouldn't suffer the rest of his life for "20 minutes of action" (Yes that is what the father called him raping an unconscious girl)

And the kid's dad sending a letter to the judge saying he shouldn't suffer the rest of his life for "20 minutes of action" (Yes that is what the father called him raping an unconscious girl)

Yeah, that's fairly boggling. If there was any question as to what type of direction this young man was going to get from his family in the future, the father has effectively come out and let everyone know what that's going to be.

Tommy Chong got 9 months for selling Bongs ... not drugs.... Bongs.

Yup. This wasn't some kind of "drunk kids fooling around in bed and he went too far, he said/she said consent argument, date rape" kind of case. This was a dude straight up raping an unconscious girl in a dirty alley behind a dumpster, ripping her clothes off, and running for it when he was spotted by some people biking past and left her there undressed and unconscious. Then after the fact, claiming consent, as if this were some kind of romantic rendezvous.

Fuck this kid, and his dad.

Well, I mean, it's real rape. That's not really a big deal. Did the accused trigger anyone? Or open a door for a woman? That's something we should be worried about.

Discretion in sentencing is great, except when it's something like this. He'll have that sex-offender registry status to follow him around the rest of his life, so there's that.

It's fucked up in so many ways. Fucked up because people think him losing his scholarships equals a decent punishment, fucked up that his sentence is so short, fucked up that his father wrote that peice of shit letter, fucked up that my Facebook feed is full of reinvigorated feminists.

Yup. This wasn't some kind of "drunk kids fooling around in bed and he went too far, he said/she said consent argument, date rape" kind of case. This was a dude straight up raping an unconscious girl in a dirty alley behind a dumpster, ripping her clothes off, and running for it when he was spotted by some people biking past and left her there undressed and unconscious. Then after the fact, claiming consent, as if this were some kind of romantic rendezvous.

Fuck this kid, and his dad.

Seriously. Kid should do HARD time. Not this pansy 6 month bullshit. It's obvious that the judge empathizes more with the young man then the girl, which is completely fucked.

A six-month sentence which will turn out to be three months is ridiculous for this case.

What's ironic is this kids lawyers and family wanted a really light sentence, he got one, and now is known across the nation ad a rapist. I think I would have rather taken a couple years and no one ever hear about me. Phuqem.

That judge fucked up.
Discretion in sentencing is great, except when it's something like this. He'll have that sex-offender registry status to follow him around the rest of his life, so there's that.
He's also appeared on the majority of the world's facebook feed as a rapist. Much moreso than if he'd been given a sufficient sentence.

Seriously. Kid should do HARD time. Not this pansy 6 month bullshit. It's obvious that the judge empathizes more with the young man then the girl, which is completely fucked.

Hey, they need to have those HARD time cells available for poor black people who sold some weed.

But I guess that's a different thread for a different day...

Sweet Tom Brands av, btw.

What really chaps my ass about this (and I get that "rape is rape"), is the shocking and blatant nature of the assault. Usually on campuses you hear about the more common "two drunk kids naked in bed and she changes her mind after foreplay/oral" type sexual assaults. The only thing this case was missing was him holding her at knifepoint and it'd be like a cautionary horror story for girls from the 80's or something...

The punishment would be laughable if the crime wasn't so serious. This is bullshit.

Though using this as "white privilege" is as anecdotal as using OJ Simpson as "black privilege."

What actually blows me away, after reading the letter, is the later parts where the father states:

"Brock can do so many positive things as a contributor to society and is totally committed to educating other college age students about the dangers of alcohol consumption and sexual promiscuity."

Seriously? The dangers of sexual promiscuity? My mind is blown.

I can't imagine another situation that events could have occurred in, with the kinds of blameless statements the family is making thrown in for good measure, where the offender would be treated so delicately.

My position is simple, I want all rapists dead.

If he is guilty of rape, then he should be executed. I'm tired of sex criminals getting light sentences. The message needs to be sent that rape will not be tolerated.

Any info or links on where I could submit my name or something to help recall this judge?

I'd greatly appreciate it

it's obvious the judge is trying to protect the school's champion swimmer. the rapist has money, has an expensive attorney, and a giant scroll's worth of what makes him such an "astounding" citizen.

they can bring all his friends, old teachers, his grandmother to say what a great kid he is. he raped an unconscious girl in a fucking alley. that means he is a fucking dirtbag and he needs appropriate retributive punishment.

the judge is now going to get the shitstorm of the media and the mob, which in this instance he'll actually deserve it.

Back