Lineage of the Saku Belt

Nice, tell me how?

Lineal UFC HW belt:

Coleman - Maurice Smith - Couture - Enson Inoue - Kerr - Fujita - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem

Lineal UFC 1 tournament championship (Lineal MMA championship):

Royce - Saku - Igor - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem

or if you want count Royce's "defeat" to Harold Howard (Royce quit UFC 3 tournament after first round because of fatigue and never actually fought Harold Howard)

Royce - Harold Howard - Steve Jennum - Tank Abbott - Severn - Coleman - Maurice Smith - Couture - Enson Inoue - Kerr - Fujita - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem

Well you could make the argument that Wandy won against Hunt (cause of the weight difference criteria) but lost against Arona.

Which means. Saku-Wanderlei-Arona-Shogun-Coleman-Fedor-Werdum-Overeem.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff!

Thanks to the pride weight classes being allowed to mix up, and Fedor being present in nearly every list (if not every list), it's pretty easy to track to Overeem :)

Awesome stuff!

Thanks to the pride weight classes being allowed to mix up, and Fedor being present in nearly every list (if not every list), it's pretty easy to track to Overeem :)

Yeah, it's also nice to see that all lineal belts end up to top fighters. That gives them some extra value.

Who's mantle is it on?

Wand's, Sakuraba's? Does anyone even know the where abouts of the belt?

Great thread right here.

War Saku, one of the greatest fighters in MMA history.

Does he really? I don't know why, but that warms my heart. Wand just destroyed Saku every damn time.

Yeah, Saku gave it to Wand after their first or second fight and IIRC in some video that was shot in Wanderlei's home (UFC Countdown or something like that) you could see Saku belt next to 2003 MWGP belt and Pride MW championship belt.

obrazek477ee.jpg

Yeah, Saku gave it to Wand after their first or second fight and IIRC in some video that was shot in Wanderlei's home (UFC Countdown or something like that) you could see Saku belt next to 2003 MWGP belt and Pride MW championship belt.

obrazek477ee.jpg

Love it. Pride really does have a wonderful history; the big fighters in that organization really made it special ...

... Unlike a bunch of UFC fighters who shall remain nameless ...

I hope this is true.

Any photos?

Can't find any but I'm sure I've seen a video or screenshot where Wand has it next to his other belts. And why wouldn't he? He even had it with him in some fights. :cool:

Silva_Arona_0001.jpg

Love it. Pride really does have a wonderful history; the big fighters in that organization really made it special ...

... Unlike a bunch of UFC fighters who shall remain nameless ...

Yeah, that specific photo is IMO one of the most powerful images in MMA history.

Yeah, that specific photo is IMO one of the most powerful images in MMA history.

I have to agree, especially given the history of their trilogy. Man, I need to go home and pop in the Pride DVDs now ... I can hear Steven Quadros now ...

Back