Lineage of the Saku Belt

Yeah, Saku gave it to Wand after their first or second fight and IIRC in some video that was shot in Wanderlei's home (UFC Countdown or something like that) you could see Saku belt next to 2003 MWGP belt and Pride MW championship belt.

obrazek477ee.jpg

cool picture

I have to agree, especially given the history of their trilogy. Man, I need to go home and pop in the Pride DVDs now ... I can hear Steven Quadros now ...

I just recently added Pride 19-24 to my Pride DVD collection (all events from 2002 except the infamous Shockwave 2002 and The Best vol. 1-3). I got to buy soon all DVDs from 2000-2001, there are some real classics there like Wand vs. Saku 1 & 2, Saku vs. Renzo, Saku vs. Rampge, Nog vs. Coleman, Nog vs. Herring, etc.

I just recently added Pride 19-24 to my Pride DVD collection (all events from 2002 except the infamous Shockwave 2002 and The Best vol. 1-3). I got to buy soon all DVDs from 2000-2001, there are some real classics there like Wand vs. Saku 1 & 2, Saku vs. Renzo, Saku vs. Rampge, Nog vs. Coleman, Nog vs. Herring, etc.

Absolutely. Saku v Renzo and Rampage are vintage Saku.

Time off over christmas might include some back catalogue viewing.

Also, sorry to keep quoting the "JDS vs Overeem" for all of you Cain fans, I'm a little bit bias on the subject. But then we are with our favourite fighters :) no disrespect intended for once :p

ufc, saku belt vs dream, wamma, strikeforce and pride will be on the line

This is why JDS/Cain winner has to fight Overeem/Bigfoot winner ... it will give us a true baddest man on the planet.

Lineal UFC HW belt:

Coleman - Maurice Smith - Couture - Enson Inoue - Kerr - Fujita - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem

Lineal UFC 1 tournament championship (Lineal MMA championship):

Royce - Saku - Igor - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem

or if you want count Royce's "defeat" to Harold Howard (Royce quit UFC 3 tournament after first round because of fatigue and never actually fought Harold Howard)

Royce - Harold Howard - Steve Jennum - Tank Abbott - Severn - Coleman - Maurice Smith - Couture - Enson Inoue - Kerr - Fujita - Coleman - Big Nog - Fedor - Werdum - Overeem
Wow that is epic
You guys just keep looking past Cain???
:cool:
This is why JDS/Cain winner has to fight Overeem/Bigfoot winner ... it will give us a true baddest man on the planet.

Indeed a true Giant among man.

Werdum has it now. Once Randy Couture beat Gonzaga, it belonged to the UFC HW champion.

Does anyone know where I can buy this belt? A replica I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back