Lion Attacks Owner

He should have died.

The worst thing you can ever do to a Big Cat is run, running = prey.

Same goes for Grizzly Bears and Polar Bears, if you run you are automatically prey, its the worst thing you can do. But I know its easier said than done! if you are in that situation you only have a split second to think and its total instinct.

Turning your back and running is never a good idea. I'm surprised he didn't know this (perhaps it was just instinct on his part) if he's had so much friendly physical contact with this lion for ten years.

Kevin Richardson has several adult lions and even hyenas that he has friendly physical contact with everyday (he raised them).

Wild animals are wild animals, and they can switch, just the chance you take when you deal with large predatory animals.

Last edited:
We rent lions for parties every once in awhile and they have two electrfied fences around them with a guy ready to turn them on at all times. They are still scary at to be around. I can't imagine walking up to one

Do you not get drunk idiots aggravating the lions - or hell - even trying to get over the fence to one (when the fence isn't turned on, of course, like you said, they aren't on until a lion gets close)?

I've had plenty of encounters with wild animals and I practice what I preach.

Until you've gone and stared down a full grown lion, I stand by my statement that a majority of the people in this thread saying they would stand their ground against one, in fact wouldn't. Not a personal attack.

The worst thing you can ever do to a Big Cat is run, running = prey.

Same goes for Grizzly Bears and Polar Bears, if you run you are automatically prey, its the worst thing you can do. But I know its easier said than done! if you are in that situation you only have a split second to think and its total instinct.

This. People talk like they're put into these situations everyday. Of course in theory you don't run from big cats. Like Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." In this case, everyone has a plan until they're faced with a 500 lb lion. At that point fight or flight instinct kicks in, and running from a lion to our reptile brains seems like a hell of a lot better choice than fighting one. Despite the fact that in reality you have zero chance of outrunning a wild animal.

Last edited:
Do you not get drunk idiots aggravating the lions - or hell - even trying to get over the fence to one (when the fence isn't turned on, of course, like you said, they aren't on until a lion gets close)?
Nah it's usually for corporate events so no drunken idiots. It's funny when too many people surround it it roars and everyone jumps back in unison

Nah it's usually for corporate events so no drunken idiots. It's funny when too many people surround it it roars and everyone jumps back in unison

Hopefully the lions aren't tormented and injured. Sounds crazy to me.

I wil just leave this here.

Lol this thinking is just keyboard warriorism transferred over to wild animals. Be in an enclosure with a 7 foot, 500 pound apex predator, have it growl and approach you and see if you don't try to turn and hightail it. Noone trains for that shit. Even if you've been around them for so long.

Perhaps there was something the handler saw in the cage from the lion which gave him the signal to get out of there? Maybe the lion turned its head toward the handler like ‘game on’, I do not know and I could not tell from the video footage.

Timothy Treadwell lived in the wild with grizzly bears for years and if you notice (or not) toward the end of the documentary he was relaxed and turning his head and body away from the grizzlies. About the 3/4 mark of the documentary Treadwell starts turning his head and body away from the grizzlies and does this more than once. Treadwell was a field expert and loved the grizzlies, and even he became too complacent around them.

Hopefully the lions aren't tormented and injured. Sounds crazy to me.
They seem pretty fat. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm against animal captivity though

I like watching videos of crocs destroying lions

Back