Liquefying the dead.

The problem is in the environmental impact of the chemicals used to liquify the body. Chances are they'll use something like hydrofluoric acid which is extremely dangerous to all life forms.

Halide based acids are great for doing stuff like that quickly but destroy the environment.. it's like dumping a super concentrated pesticide down the drain.. like DDT. Sulfuric acid will probably do the job but once the hydrogen ions dissociate from the acid, you are dumping lots of sulfur into the water system.

The slow way to do it would be with strong lye.. probably sodium hydroxide. But ain't nobody got time for that. But at least the bi-product from that wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Chances are no matter what method is used, you aren't going to go completely away.
It says right in the article that they use heated KOH.

this would be my first choice, honestly.

GoT+-+viking+funeral.gif

Any type of incineration and just let the ashes return to the earth.

Liquefaction would be fine to if they find a natural method like an enzyme or something but i don't want my body being part of a poison chemical stew after.

Burial would be my last choice. First off don't get the entire embalming and put in casket thing. That is just dumb to me. But I would be ok with just digging a hole and throwing my body down in it and leaving it as worm food. As long as you do it deep enough that animals wont dig it up.

meh, bones in the ground
with the box of my dogs ashes beside me
maybe we'll cavort in the Elysian Fields together in another dimension.

Cremation seems the simplest method to me. Burying in a box takes up too much space.

I'm all for natural burial. Cheapest and safest for the environment.
only if the grave plot isn't reserved in perpetuity. At that point, a graveyard is as environmentally damaging as a golf course and takes up valuable living space. The most ecological funeral is the Tibetan Sky Burial.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

google it and find more pics. It's metal as fuck too. This is how I'd want to go, but sadly no funeral services provide this in America.

this would be my first choice, honestly.

GoT+-+viking+funeral.gif

Any type of incineration and just let the ashes return to the earth.

Liquefaction would be fine to if they find a natural method like an enzyme or something but i don't want my body being part of a poison chemical stew after.

Burial would be my last choice. First off don't get the entire embalming and put in casket thing. That is just dumb to me. But I would be ok with just digging a hole and throwing my body down in it and leaving it as worm food. As long as you do it deep enough that animals wont dig it up.
Why burn a perfectly good boat? Just dump the body overboard and feed the fish.

Donating my body to science, so if that is what they are going to use it for, I guess I'm down with that. As long as some kind of research is being done to educate humanity, they can go for it.

Donating my body to science, so if that is what they are going to use it for, I guess I'm down with that. As long as some kind of research is being done to educate humanity, they can go for it.
what does that even mean these days unless you have some unique condition to study or brain anomalies? I guess it means your body is gonna get carved up by med students while they giggle about your inadequacies.

Cremation seems the simplest method to me. Burying in a box takes up too much space.
to me it seems rather messy and gross TBH incinerated and then some poor guy making minimum wage has to mill your gross bone chards and scrape them into a box. Prolly wearing one of those shitty dust masks where half the particulate ends up in your sinuses too.

+1 on the viking funeral except you know that ship isn't going to burn completely and it'll probably run aground and then someone is going to find your super gross half burned corpse.

what does that even mean these days unless you have some unique condition to study or brain anomalies? I guess it means your body is gonna get carved up by med students while they giggle about your inadequacies.
That is exactly what I think will happen. Or expect will happen. Hey, they have to practice on something, and I don't think I will mind at that point. Or they will let me decompose in some field like I saw before on a few documentaries.

That is exactly what I think will happen. Or expect will happen. Hey, they have to practice on something, and I don't think I will mind at that point. Or they will let me decompose in some field like I saw before on a few documentaries.
lol that would suck if you donated your body and they just dumped in a field.

lol that would suck if you donated your body and they just dumped in a field.
Not really. They do it so coroners or whomever, can see how long a body takes to decompose under certain conditions. These kind of experiments helped with solving murder cases and such. A lot of good comes from it. Still, it is kind of weird seeing a bunch of bodies rotting in a field, regardless of the reason.

soylent green.

Ya that is why I changed my prior view which was to leave my body to science.

I have a buddy who is a dentist and he would tell us the stories of what they would do the cadavers for shits and giggles and that is when I thought, ya, no. Not for me. Maybe I should not care because I am dead but I still do not want those type of indignities done to my body.

they can have my organs though for donor recipients.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back