Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

Hahaha what are you talking about, he was pointing out his flaws the whole time, how he sucks, how he is going to destroy him in the fight.

If you don't see any weaknesses in Khabibs fighting, then you should watch his next fight with an adult and a lollipop in your mouth. Khabibs striking is terrible and he panics everytime he gets hit and he's never been hit by anyone with as heavy hands as Conor.

Conor has weaknesses as well, everybody has them, in his case it comes down to grappling from uncomfortable positions and Khabibs top game is brutal, I actually think his ability to keep an opponent down is more impressive than his actual wrestling, there have been a lot of other more impressive wrestlers in my opinion.

I didn't say Khabib has no weaknesses.

I said Conor doesn't see a path to victory via Khabib's weaknesses. "I see stiffness." "Timing beats speed, precision beats power." Conor doesn't say these things because they sound good, he says them because they're true and they're specific. This is how he gameplans, and it's a very common sports psychological tactic. You identify a weakness and you drill it into yourself to exploit it. Then when you say it aloud, it demoralizes your opponent because they know you've figured them out. That's why Eddie, an accomplished wrestler, tried to punch with Conor. Eddie admitted as much.

"You suck, I'm going to destroy you" is not a gameplan. It's not an identification of an opponent's weaknesses.

That was a very awkward press conference.

Khabib "you cant say assalamualaikum and then congrats on whiskey"

In this side of the world you can say whatever you want, allah boy.

Oh really? Have Conor or Dana say the n word then, or make fun of #metoo bullshit or call Bruce Jenner a transvestite. See how quickly their careers end

Peaked at the Toronto Press Conference, he was on fire and extremely witty. This and the other NYC with Floyd were by far his worst press conferences.
probably didn't take enough drugs beforehand

Wan't to watch but couldn't. From the sounds of it I would have veen disappointed with no 230 announcement at the end.

I'll just watch the best moments on the countdown episode I guess

Much like in previous pressers Conor has spotted Khabib's weakness and was drilling it into his head the entire press conference

"You hold onto men's legs for dear life"

"What kind of fighter grabs a mans legs and holds on in fear?"

This along with him being rocked in sparring, his brother being KO'd, his glass jaw and "Dagestani chicken jaw" are all McGregor pinpointing how he will win this match.

Wtf is he doing drinking before a fight? Shouldn't be drinking. Has to make weight.

I’m not saying Conor definitely does coke but Jesus Christ how much coke do you think Conor does?

Watching that was like watching one of your favorite shows, but without the audience or laugh track. I realize now that some of Conor’s comments only land because of crowd involvement. Without them, it looks awkward and weird.

Conor’s a showmen though. Can’t take that away from him.

That wasn’t as entertaining as I thought it’d be. Maybe I’m just over these forced promotions, and Conor’s trash talk has gotten worse.

Conor sounded very confident for a man who’s 2 and 2 in his last four fights

On a scale of 1 to Charlie Sheen how coked up was Conor?

Last edited:
This shit is goofy.

"why you eat slap"

LOL

Back