Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

On a scale of 1 to Charlie Sheen how coked up was Conor?

jlL9nsH.gif

Care to eloborate? This is just my opinion
Yes, sure I will elaborate since you asked me to.

Hey - i do respect your opinion, everyone is entitled to an opinion, sorry if my post came across too strongly. I meant no disrespect personally.
OK ....You *did* ask.... so here is my elaboration:

Its your text "Khabib was shook and almost started to cry when Conor made him look like a noob with his verbal onslaught" I have an issue with.

I used to (for work) be in the industry of financing the ex-Soviet Union empire in the 1990s. I did that for a long time, I was heavily involved in it. Shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall and the breakup of the Soviet Union. Major change for that part of the world, and I was there.
I have travelled a lot to ex-Soviet Union states, did that for 15years, I have a lot of Russian friends, Polish friends, Eastern European friends and connections, and I have dated several girls from ex-Soviet Bloc states including a KGB Colonel's daughter. (she was lotta fun but a bit crazy to say the least, and we had a mutual understanding from the start that "we don't talk about dad's work").

Well....So what you may ask?
Well, it's just that I am, thru life experience & professional experience familiar (just guessing more than you) with the Soviet Union mentality, the people who grew up in ex-USSR state in the 90s, and how fucking ROUGH life was in those new sovereign states in the 1990's which is where Khabib grew up (DOB is around 1988 i think).
Dagestan, a region of Russia was, and is, a very tough and grim place to grow up as a child and there is a hard-core culture of fighting there, that you just do not get in 95% of other countries. ANYWHERE in the ex-USSR states was hard at that time. As i said, i know, i am well read, i worked in that industry, an ex-gf from TbIlisi said as a child she only had 2 hours of electricity per DAY. Thats what they were allocated when they were part of the Soviet Union. Bombings, shootings, street violence, disappeared people, mafia stuff, everything. Survive that...and you can survive almost anything.

Moving on.... the notion that a professional cage-fighter from Dagestan, (of all places), nay....an ELITE cage-fighter, the creme-de-la-creme, in a region where almost EVERY man fights, that he would be scared even 1% or "start to cry" by some drunk geared-up Irishman whose only weapon is a good and fast left-hand, is basically a completely improbable notion, to say the least.

Khabib has probably seen or witnessed or had friends etc with some grim stuff, fights, dead people, assassinations, bombings, murders, turf warfare, systemic torture, all kinds of nasty stuff that is out of the realm of 99.5% of people on this site.

He ain't shook, he ain't scared, he certainly ain't crying, and he was trying hard not to laugh at the Irishman's ridiculousness during a large part of today's "press conference".

Dropping the mic.

That's it.

It’s going to be gold if Khabib finishes McGregor on top of his whiskey logo in the canvas. Imagine the photos!

I'm over these.....let's just fight. Felt super forced to me. Khabib did not want to be there and Conor was up to his usual antics.

Watching it now. Awesome hahah

I love it bc khabib tells it like it is.

But I do enjoy Conor’s antics. Wow he is so coked up!!!!

It sucks because I really want Conor to win ina way... but I HATE his fan base.

They ruined it for me.

Yes, sure I will elaborate since you asked me to.

Hey - i do respect your opinion, everyone is entitled to an opinion, sorry if my post came across too strongly. I meant no disrespect personally.
OK ....You *did* ask.... so here is my elaboration:

Its your text "Khabib was shook and almost started to cry when Conor made him look like a noob with his verbal onslaught" I have an issue with.

I used to (for work) be in the industry of financing the ex-Soviet Union empire in the 1990s. I did that for a long time, I was heavily involved in it. Shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall and the breakup of the Soviet Union. Major change for that part of the world, and I was there.
I have travelled a lot to ex-Soviet Union states, did that for 15years, I have a lot of Russian friends, Polish friends, Eastern European friends and connections, and I have dated several girls from ex-Soviet Bloc states including a KGB Colonel's daughter. (she was lotta fun but a bit crazy to say the least, and we had a mutual understanding from the start that "we don't talk about dad's work").

Well....So what you may ask?
Well, it's just that I am, thru life experience & professional experience familiar (just guessing more than you) with the Soviet Union mentality, the people who grew up in ex-USSR state in the 90s, and how fucking ROUGH life was in those new sovereign states in the 1990's which is where Khabib grew up (DOB is around 1988 i think).
Dagestan, a region of Russia was, and is, a very tough and grim place to grow up as a child and there is a hard-core culture of fighting there, that you just do not get in 95% of other countries. ANYWHERE in the ex-USSR states was hard at that time. As i said, i know, i am well read, i worked in that industry, an ex-gf from TbIlisi said as a child she only had 2 hours of electricity per DAY. Thats what they were allocated when they were part of the Soviet Union. Bombings, shootings, street violence, disappeared people, mafia stuff, everything. Survive that...and you can survive almost anything.

Moving on.... the notion that a professional cage-fighter from Dagestan, (of all places), nay....an ELITE cage-fighter, the creme-de-la-creme, in a region where almost EVERY man fights, that he would be scared even 1% or "start to cry" by some drunk geared-up Irishman whose only weapon is a good and fast left-hand, is basically a completely improbable notion, to say the least.

Khabib has probably seen or witnessed or had friends etc with some grim stuff, fights, dead people, assassinations, bombings, murders, turf warfare, systemic torture, all kinds of nasty stuff that is out of the realm of 99.5% of people on this site.

He ain't shook, he ain't scared, he certainly ain't crying, and he was trying hard not to laugh at the Irishman's ridiculousness during a large part of today's "press conference".

Dropping the mic.

That's it.

I read your entire post, I respect your opinion, there is just one issue I wish to raise.

Jose Aldo.

Jose Aldo grew up in Manaus, Brazil. Manaus as you know is kind of a remote, jungle town and not an urban city scape full of crime and drug related violence. That said, growing up poor in Brazil and simply being a professional fighter in Brazil automatically attracts people who want to challenge your masculinity, point being, you can't walk around Brazil looking tough without someone trying to test you. I thought Aldo would be mentally tough since he helped his father work since the age of like 6 or 9. Brazil is simply a tough, violent place but damn if I didn't see fear in his eyes when he faced off with loudmouth Conor.

There is no comparison between Brazil and a place like Dagestan (more rough, dangerous overall), I only bring this up because I think relating a person's mental fortitude to their geography and geopolitical landscape is wholly unreliable to the point of almost being useless. Body language will tell you more than geography ever will and during this press conference I honestly don't know who "Won or lost." With Nate vs Conor, I knew Nate was probably going to win based on his reactions during the presser etc....

All I know is that Conor is used to the big spotlight and Khabib has a lot of pressure on him to win, and if I had to pick the edge in this regard, then certainly Conor has the edge simply because he's used to chaos of big, money fights.

Conor was too loose. It was like he had no care. He was like Robert Baratheon fat and bored as king on the throne. The only lines that really mattered to put time in was pushing his whiskey. No hype for the fight and it seemed like he had very little insight. Conor knew the van incident was dumb yet pushed it along as he was supposed to yet it came off as contrived. Khabib took comfort with english as a second language and just stayed repeating the same lines.

This was fantastic, anyone saying either of them is scared is a piss ant who knows absolutely nothing, both these guys are ready and I'm absolutely pumped!!

I guess Conor cant do press conferences without drugs and/or alcohol.

Didn't watch it, I never watch the pressers etc. I rarely even watch the walkouts nowadays, I just skip straight to the fight.

Khabib started off playing it cool but Conor eventually got him to engage in the nonsense.

I didn't say Khabib has no weaknesses.

I said Conor doesn't see a path to victory via Khabib's weaknesses. "I see stiffness." "Timing beats speed, precision beats power." Conor doesn't say these things because they sound good, he says them because they're true and they're specific. This is how he gameplans, and it's a very common sports psychological tactic. You identify a weakness and you drill it into yourself to exploit it. Then when you say it aloud, it demoralizes your opponent because they know you've figured them out. That's why Eddie, an accomplished wrestler, tried to punch with Conor. Eddie admitted as much.

"You suck, I'm going to destroy you" is not a gameplan. It's not an identification of an opponent's weaknesses.

Ehh wtf are you talking about, he said that Khabib dives for the legs and hangs on for dear life, that he fights with no balls when he talks about other people being chickens, when he himself looks panicked every time he gets hit.

If you think Eddie Alvarez was an accomplished wrestler, you should rethink your definition of that word.

3 million views already. That's up there with the Mayweather press conferences McGregor did.

Intense conference. Intense fight.

Cannot wait.

On a scale of 1 to Charlie Sheen how coked up was Conor?

i keep saying he was more like the standard angry family drunk that has an inferiority complex and resentment issues

just imagine if conors parents fed him properly and he grew to over 5 foot 10, none of this would be happening

Last edited:
Noah is Abdelaziz's son. He bailed on him. He also used to be part of a terrorist organisation.

Imagine if Khabib started mentioning Conor's pics with the hookers in Las Vegas crib, his pics at the strip club grabbing stripers ass, his pics with the hokers going into his apartment, or his public fling with Rita Ora?

Back