Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

I wanted to see a press conference which fighters are asked questions rather than some drunk guy raging on the stage non stop talking.

Conor is money. He is giving Khabib and the UFC a HUGE payday with this fight. Dude didn't have to step back into the octagon again after the boxing match and the millions he made, but he is stepping back in against the most dangerous man in the division for his first fight back.

This press conference was to do nothing but get into Khabib's head. He didn't give the dude a single second off, he was relentless. Coked up, drunk, or whatever, he knows EXACTLY what he needs to do to get into Khabib's head and to get people to open their wallets to purchase this PPV.

Although wild at times that was an entertaining press conference!

Looks like Conor mildly annoyed Khabib once or twice but had to put on a huge shit-show to get there. That's a lot of effort for not much return.

On the plus side, he completely owned Abdelaziz at the end so managed to finish looking good. Ali is a bag of shit.

Khabib is boring. Conor brought the entertainment.
Right. Press Conferences are usually boring. Conor is a clown. Literally. Clown acts in a different character. Clown uses props to be funny. Clown makes funny faces. Clown makes people laugh. Clown talks a lot to be funny. Clown wears funny clothing. Clown makes fun of you. Everything Conor did in the press conference resembles a clown. Khabib is Khabib. Boring? WHo gives a shit. It's a press conference. I'd rather be boring here than in the fight itself. I guarantee you won't say he's boring in the cage.

Last edited:
Have to love this unbelievable, sensational trailer, ' WARLORD' for Khabib v McGregor....It's really little wonder this guy (Killer Studios) just got head hunted from UFC for his brain and talent.....What a promo....Just crazy, bizarre and brilliant !

Have to love this unbelievable, sensational trailer, ' WARLORD' for Khabib v McGregor....It's really little wonder this guy (Killer Studios) just got head hunted from UFC for his brain and talent.....What a promo....Just crazy, bizarre and brilliant !

Slightly biased, but yeah, its the best one so far.
LMAO at Gustaffson dancing kazachok @0:53

Last edited:
Much like in previous pressers Conor has spotted Khabib's weakness and was drilling it into his head the entire press conference

"You hold onto men's legs for dear life"

"What kind of fighter grabs a mans legs and holds on in fear?"

This along with him being rocked in sparring, his brother being KO'd, his glass jaw and "Dagestani chicken jaw" are all McGregor pinpointing how he will win this match.
you must be shitting me
KGCMRbR.gif

The only thing I took from the Press Conf. was that Conor can't get in Khabib's head. And if he is, Khabib hides it well. But I think Khabib knows it will take 1 lucky strike for him to lose.

just watched it. that was quite sad. conor needs to come up with something else other than yelling the same shit over and over as soon as his opponent tries to answer questions.

Finally got around to watching this, embarassing stuff. The sport has an issue of not being able to attract young viewers (I'd blame that on PPV format). Do people in their 30s and older like this press conference?

Finally got around to watching this, embarassing stuff. The sport has an issue of not being able to attract young viewers (I'd blame that on PPV format). Do people in their 30s and older like this press conference?
Sadly all the "experts" loved it and Conor.

Back