LMAO Gabi Garcia misses weight by 27 lbs, over 70 lbs heavier than 53-year-old foe

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Gabi Garcia, who is scheduled to compete at Rizin’s two-day New Year’s Eve special, is in the middle of another controversy, this time stemming from her weigh in.

Thursday in Japan, Garcia severely missed weight and tipped the scales at 107.7 kg (236.94 lbs). Even with the half kilo allowance, that still makes her 12.2 kg (26.84 lbs) over the contracted limit of 95 kg (209 lbs). Her opponent, 53-year-old Shinobu Kandori, weighed in well below that, at just 73.75 kg (162.25 lbs).

Officially, they are almost 75 lbs apart in weight, but Garcia was cutting water weight the night before, so that gap could be much bigger.

After hearing about the discrepancy in weight, Kandori screamed at Garcia before storming off the stage. Rizin head Nobuyuki Sakakibara spoke about possibly cancelling the contest, but no official announcement has been made as of this writing.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Needed more advantages vs such a deadly opponent.

Not that I was planning on watching anyways, but they should cancel the fight.
If not hope small old lady wins for the lulz.

I guess my first question is actually this: What openweight fight has weight limits? That being said, this fight should never have been put together, and it does make me laugh a little that a 50 pound advantage was fine for Shinobu but 76? That's preposterous.

Hilariously awesome. Gabi is just full of cringe

I guess my first question is actually this: What openweight fight has weight limits? That being said, this fight should never have been put together, and it does make me laugh a little that a 50 pound advantage was fine for Shinobu but 76? That's preposterous.
Well like they said Gabi was cutting too, so it's possible what she thought was a 50 lb advantage is more like 100. That'd be like a featherweight thinking they were going to fight someone rich franklins size and getting crocop

Well like they said Gabi was cutting too, so it's possible what she thought was a 50 lb advantage is more like 100. That'd be like a featherweight thinking they were going to fight someone rich franklins size and getting crocop
Seriously. As far as pounds go, it's like Mighty Mouse fighting Rich Franklin during his Franklinweight period. That's insane. No, that's Japan.

I wonder what Kandori was saying.

I assume she doesn't believe Garcia is very drained and took the fight hoping she'd be facing a ghoul who went through hell to make weight rather than a monster who just showed up with no side effects of weight cutting.

Whats the betting line for the ol grandma?

Maybe the yakuza can get involved and get her the win

the other lady is gonna take a dive. easy record padding for gaby

I want to see Mark Hunt vs Gabi, after he fulfills his UFC contract.

the other lady is gonna take a dive. easy record padding for gaby
Or rather she is going to get crushed by a 20 years younger BJJ Black Belt who also happens to outweight her for 34 fucking kilos.

BTW.. it this fight still on??

Back