Media LMAO: Mike Perry Getting Heckled The Whole Time During Open Workout + Freestyle Rap

People laugh at Mike not with him,but that's better than nothing I guess.
That’s not necessarily true. He does possess some strange base level acumen for humor. A sort of dummy charm, if you will. He’s dumb, but not quite as dumb as he pretends to be. The Tetris shot comment was genuinely funny.

I think he is in shape, unlike a lot of the roster. Just waking up the nervous system, working the imprinted movement patterns.
I see it slightly differently. He isn't warming up but rather taxing the CNS like running sprints. He is also cutting weight too and he is adding addition stress.

I see it slightly differently. He isn't warming up but rather taxing the CNS like running sprints. He is also cutting weight too and he is adding addition stress.
The only athletes that I train are middle distance runners and I would certianly have them do some light work and strides up to 85% - 90% of race pace the day before a race. If they or in this case he (as in Mike) can't recover from some light mitt work where he broke a sweat but wasn't breathing heavy, panting, losing form, losing posture, etc. the he has other problems to address as a professional fighter. It's not like he sparred or grappled 10x3 minute rounds with fresh guys rotating every round or decided to max deadlift or squat to failure ala Tony Ferg.

The only athletes that I train are middle distance runners and I would certianly have them do some light work and strides up to 85% - 90% of race pace the day before a race. If they or in this case he (as in Mike) can't recover from some light mitt work where he broke a sweat but wasn't breathing heavy, panting, losing form, losing posture, etc. the he has other problems to address as a professional fighter. It's not like he sparred or grappled 10x3 minute rounds with fresh guys rotating every round or decided to max deadlift or squat to failure ala Tony Ferg.
Running isn’t fighting. He is cutting weight right now. You don’t how see others don’t exert themselves like he does? You don’t see him breathe hard and panting? Go watch the series from beginning to end. You don’t see how his hands start off very high in the beginning and begin to get lower and lower within aspan of 3 minutes or so? Coach if you can’t see him going normal in the beginning to show off to the crowd by going all out then I don’t know what to say to you.

Perry is from Michigan and now in Florida?

He talks like he is from the NYC Metro area.

Regardless, he is entertaining like Baroni was and I will always watch.

That’s not necessarily true. He does possess some strange base level acumen for humor. A sort of dummy charm, if you will. He’s dumb, but not quite as dumb as he pretends to be. The Tetris shot comment was genuinely funny.
<mma4>

Perry is from Michigan and now in Florida?

He talks like he is from the NYC Metro area.

Regardless, he is entertaining like Baroni was and I will always watch.
That’s right. He’s a modern day Phil Baloney. Ellenberger was his Dave Menne.

Running isn’t fighting. He is cutting weight right now. You don’t how see others don’t exert themselves like he does? You don’t see him breathe hard and panting? Go watch the series from beginning to end. You don’t see how his hands start off very high in the beginning and begin to get lower and lower within aspan of 3 minutes or so? Coach if you can’t see him going normal in the beginning to show off to the crowd by going all out then I don’t know what to say to you.
fair points and pre-fight workouts are way out of my realm of expertise. I was just picking up on your CNS comment and thinking that this tiny workout at some percentage of effort shouldn't be that taxing. Factoring in the weight cut, which I have never done (on purpose - here in the desert working out or just working in the sun and you can drop 10+ lbs in the blink of an eye) and I can see where you are coming from. The workout was unnecessary for sure. But in Perry's mind I'm sure it was light work and all done to show Cowboy something. The body shots, the uppercut, etc. We will have to see how he looks in the fight especially if it goes into the 3rd. Edit: He looked pretty relaxed and not very drained at the weigh-ins. Positive sign if you are pulling for Perry.

Last edited:
Because they're trash. Hecklers should be thrown out on their heads, then thrown into a dumpster. People who boo are extremely low IQ as well.
it depends on why they boo. If they are booing during the fight because a guy is running away from his opponent (not sticking and moving but actually avoiding the fight) or just holding on and not even trying to advance position or strike then it's a proper response.

it depends on why they boo. If they are booing during the fight because a guy is running away from his opponent (not sticking and moving but actually avoiding the fight) or just holding on and not even trying to advance position or strike then it's a proper response.

No, they just sound like fucking morons either way. In a situation like what you mentioned, I think it's ok to yell out some constructive criticism, just don't be a jackass.

Shorter version of just the real highlights:

Back