LMAO, Ronda just came out in a Piper mini skirt.

I could never find her attractive, she's not ugly either it's the way she is that makes her so ugly to me. Fuck that.

<Durant35>

She looks good, kinda bizarre that shes taking this more serious than her last 2 fights.

hqdefault.jpg

This is the best Rhonda has looked since her Strikeforce weigh in days. She put on a good show too, that was fun!
Rhonda-WWE.jpg

Rhonda-WWE-2.jpg

Looks like WWE found their new star. They can milk babyface Ronda for a year or 2 and turn her heel if audience interest start fading away. Just protect her and only put her matches on PPV because "less is more".

WWE fans will be crying hard when their darling Asuka is getting jobbed out to Ugly Ronda.

Thanks for the heads up TS. I laughed so hard it hurts. Had to take a break while the gorillas were fighting

I dont watch wrasslin, but i guess Rousey's pretty good at this stuff. Are the other chicks that good?

They have a bunch of women wrestling for them who are fantastic wrestlers, and better than many of the men. Asuka, Kairi Sane, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Shayna Baszler, Ruby Riott, are all FANTASTIC wrestlers. Can't always put on good matches because no matter how hard they try, WWE still often fall back on old "diva's division" tropes that mean the women don't get to wrestle longer/more interesting matches, but usually at the PPV's and in NXT the womens matches are ACE.

yeah they were like real life superheroes back in the 80's

Macho Man just didnt seem like he could possibly be a regular person lol

Totally agree.

They were colorful and larger than life. Someone you would never see on the streets.

That's why when I see Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and the like I'm like...meh, didn't I see you at a trendy bar last week?

All biases aside, Ronda Rousey performed far better than I ever thought she could. For her first match, and less than 4 months of actual training and to perform on WM as her debut match, she knocked it out of the park. The bumps she took were excellent and the selling of spots were great. The DDT, man she took that like a champ. The only negative is she is always wearing her bitch face when she gets inside the ring. Aside from that, I honestly believe no one could've dreamt she would have done as well as she did.

Keep in mind, this is David Flair running the ropes 4 months after his debut and about a dozen matches

david-flair-running.gif

DGAF. I'm old. Rowdy Roddy was one of my favorites back in the 80's when I was a kid. She should have found her own "persona" and not rode his coattails.

Piper was a big mma fan and apparently gave his blessing to her. I think its solid.

DGAF. I'm old. Rowdy Roddy was one of my favorites back in the 80's when I was a kid. She should have found her own "persona" and not rode his coattails.
It’s homage and Piper gave her the “Rowdy” nickname before he passed anyhow. To me, it’s no big deal

She looks good, kinda bizarre that shes taking this more serious than her last 2 fights.
She really got lazy and full of herself by the time of the Holm fight. She got fat and out of shape and was convinced she was some world class knockout artist.

IIRC she got got back in shape for the Nunes fight.

Totally agree.

They were colorful and larger than life. Someone you would never see on the streets.

That's why when I see Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and the like I'm like...meh, didn't I see you at a trendy bar last week?
Bryan's entire appeal is that he's a regular guy who does great things.

Kevin Owens looks like my plumber and I always skip his segments and matches.

She can get on the good stuff again and get super fit. WWE knows how to hook it up.
USADA made her frumpy. Blame them.

Strikeforce Ronda is back!

Honestly what the fuck?!?!? So she’s just stealing everything about Roddy Piper?! Fucking stupid.
Look, my post history on Ronda Rousey speaks for itself. I don't like her at all, her holier than thou, better than everyone but don't you dare ask about the end of my UFC career nor mention the word lost attitude is an immense turn off. But with that said, I have no issue with her paying homage and tribute to Piper and I don't get why some fans get so up in arms over it. Ric Flair took the Nature Boy moniker and ran with it and we don't hear much about it at all.

Also, we have to educate ourselves as well. Ronda Rousey called Piper, personally, and asked for his permission to use the nickname "Rowdy". Here's an interview from 2014 where Piper is asked about Ronda taking the "Rowdy" nickname

Roddy Piper: I was trained by, at the time, the toughest man in the world. Not according to him, either. His name is “Judo” Gene Lebell and he trained Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris. He’s the godfather of MMA. He’s about 80 years old. He still has a dojo in Burbank. When I was 17, 18 years old [wrestling] in the Olympic Auditorium, I ran into him. I was getting beat up pretty good and he took me under his wing.

So then maybe a year ago-ish (my timing’s not great), Ronda and Gene called me. She was so, so excited and so beautiful, saying, “Would you mind? I’ll make you proud and I’m giving it everything I got.” And I said, “You go, gal. You go!”

Somebody asked me, “What would you think if ‘Rowdy’ Ronda Rousey would become the face of the UFC?” I said I think it would be great. I think it would be a really great thing.

And “Judo” Gene Lebell, I don’t know if you know him. He got me in the very first movie I was in, too. He’s like my dad. I’ve been choked out many times by him.

Back