Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

I'm a grill and toaster oven guy, not gonna lie.

A high quality toaster oven is a god-tier appliance. I use my TO 95% more than my full size oven.

71WYryKtTzL._SX463_.jpg

The Smart Oven Air. So awesome.

Good stop them pieces of shit from buying lobster with tax payer money

I get lots of take out, but that's because I believe in spending money to save time instead of spending my time to save money.

I honestly don't like dishwashers. I'd rather hand wash the stuff I use.

Modern dishwashers only use 3 to 4 gallons of water and they clean your dishes far better than hand washing. Hand washing uses way more hot water, and obviously the inside of a dishwashers get hotter than any human hand handle.

Safer. Cleaner. Easier. More environmentally friendly.

Modern dishwashers only use 3 to 4 gallons of water and they clean your dishes far better than hand washing. Hand washing uses way more hot water, and obviously the inside of a dishwashers get hotter than any human hand handle.

Safer. Cleaner. Easier. More environmentally friendly.

You still need to rinse the food off before you put them in geez.

I've got a family member that works for Whole Foods. People park their luxury cars and stroll in and buy stuff with EBT.

I see people use EBT all the time and I see the junk they can afford with their own money. Can't afford food, but somehow can pay for beer and cigerettes. Can't afford food, but afford the latest iPhone. Its a fucking joke.

How are people qualifying for the loans on luxury cars and still meeting the requirements for EBT? They're both income based and both credit based. You can game the system to get EBT but doing so means that you're never going to qualify to buy a luxury car. And if you have the "on paper" finances to get a luxury car, you'll never qualify for EBT because they look at the same "on paper" assets.

So, for that one, I don't believe you.

As for people buying junk with their own money, that's probably true. EBT allows you to buy food regularly and eat regularly. It doesn't mean you never have any personal cash. But your personal cash situation might be too spotty to feed yourself on. You have to eat everyday, you don't necessarily have to buy cigarettes or beer every day.

The only solution would be to say that if Poor Person X suddenly finds themselves with some actual discretionary cash (say they won a bet with a friend or picked up some gig work for a few days), they are not allowed to spend it on anything except food. How do you enforce that?

How are people qualifying for the loans on luxury cars and still meeting the requirements for EBT? They're both income based and both credit based. You can game the system to get EBT but doing so means that you're never going to qualify to buy a luxury car. And if you have the "on paper" finances to get a luxury car, you'll never qualify for EBT because they look at the same "on paper" assets.

So, for that one, I don't believe you.

As for people buying junk with their own money, that's probably true. EBT allows you to buy food regularly and eat regularly. It doesn't mean you never have any personal cash. But your personal cash situation might be too spotty to feed yourself on. You have to eat everyday, you don't necessarily have to buy cigarettes or beer every day.

The only solution would be to say that if Poor Person X suddenly finds themselves with some actual discretionary cash (say they won a bet with a friend or picked up some gig work for a few days), they are not allowed to spend it on anything except food. How do you enforce that?

Because they are cheating.

I guy in front of me a few months ago used his EBT to buy prime ribeye steaks. 18 dollars a pound. That shit is a luxury. Shouldn't he be buying staples?

Because they are cheating.

I guy in front of me a few months ago used his EBT to buy prime ribeye steaks. 18 dollars a pound. That shit is a luxury. Shouldn't he be buying staples?

No. He should be buying what the card allows him to buy. You have no idea how often he buys steaks or why he was buying them that day. Maybe he's frugal the rest of the time but had something to celebrate this time. You don't know unless you asked.

As for if they are cheating - what I'm saying is that you qualify for things like EBT you have demonstrate your financial failings. To qualify for luxury cars and other such credit based purchases, you have to demonstrate your financial success. You cannot do both things simultaneously because they rely on the same types of evidence. It's very hard to qualify for high end credit and welfare at the same time.

I sometimes repost what my leftist/lib friends post on FB.

Just to be fair, I have tard friends on the opposite side of the spetrum.

“EBT isn't the right way to help people in need. You pretty much have free range to buy anything you want food wise. I don't think it's right when I'm standing in line and person in front of me is buying T-bone steak and jumbo shrimp with brand new Jordan's on and using an EBT card. We've all seen this. Those damn fools eating better than me, with no job and 5 kids. If you need food, that's one thing but, if your a grown ass able body man or woman you should work for it like the rest of us have to. I don’t know how many times I had to go with ramen and hot dogs back in the day.”
What makes that comment retarded? You've really never seen people buying garbage with an EBT card before?

No. He should be buying what the card allows him to buy. You have no idea how often he buys steaks or why he was buying them that day. Maybe he's frugal the rest of the time but had something to celebrate this time. You don't know unless you asked.

As for if they are cheating - what I'm saying is that you qualify for things like EBT you have demonstrate your financial failings. To qualify for luxury cars and other such credit based purchases, you have to demonstrate your financial success. You cannot do both things simultaneously because they rely on the same types of evidence. It's very hard to qualify for high end credit and welfare at the same time.

Maybe instead of celebrating with expensive steak, he should be looking for a job.

Not really to be meant to counter your point but its a funny video regardless

What makes that comment retarded? You've really never seen people buying garbage with an EBT card before?

I have never...I mean never seen someone in JOrdans buy lobster, shrimp and Tbone steaks with an EBT card.

Again, I'm not saying that people abuse this social service...

but this hyperbole diminishes honest discourse on this issue.

Maybe instead of celebrating with expensive steak, he should be looking for a job.

How do you know he didn't? For all you know, he was celebrating getting a job.

I have never...I mean never seen someone in JOrdans buy lobster, shrimp and Tbone steaks with an EBT card.

I've eaten lobster that people bought with food stamps.

I've never seen this happen either. Honestly, it sounds kinda made up. I doubt people are regularly seeing guys in Jordans buying lobster, shrimp, and steak.

But I can really only speak on what I've personally witnessed. Who knows, maybe somewhere this is occurring.

I've eaten lobster that people bought with food stamps.

SHAME!

You should have told your friend that you are morally opposed to the lobster, and refused to eat it. Then told your friend to stop being a leach and get a job.

Back