LMAO WAT? This is why boxing is a joke

I rarely watch boxing, tuned in for the Garcia fight, seen this Barboza fight and he got DOMINATED this entire fight. and he somehow wins by split decision? What??
Reminds me of what they saying about fighting in Italy where you need to KO the home fighter to get a draw.

I rarely watch boxing, tuned in for the Garcia fight, seen this Barboza fight and he got DOMINATED this entire fight. and he somehow wins by split decision? What??

The sad thing is, the robbery was expected half way through the fight. We were all waiting for it.

IDGAF about either fighter and the fight was definitely mediocre. It still doesn't change the fact Mccomb won 8 rounds to anyone with a brain. how can you say it could have gone either way? Barboza didn't land anything. with this type of metric Mccomb should have just been told you lose unless you knock him out.
The clown you are replying to has no brain. Could have gone either way my ass, that was a clear win for the irish dude.

How so?

3 knockdowns , a point deduction and controversial interesting buildup … I’d say it played out beyond expectations! A -1000 undefeated champ lost and got dropped multiple times - it was awesome

Much better then most UFCs (exception for ufc 300)

It was a great fight … way better then next weekends ufc … what wasn’t too like ?!?

Harvey was shit as a ref in that fight. The main event was exceptional, and had some drama because of that, the knockdowns and an underdog win, but the rest of that card was absolutely dog shit. I was about to fall asleep. Almost any UFC card was better than it, lol.

even on the biggest stages of boxing there’s blatant corruption and it’s like nothing can be done about. no wonder boxing fell off so hard

Boxing is literally doing better than ever lul

How so?

3 knockdowns , a point deduction and controversial interesting buildup … I’d say it played out beyond expectations! A -1000 undefeated champ lost and got dropped multiple times - it was awesome

Much better then most UFCs (exception for ufc 300)

It was a great fight … way better then next weekends ufc … what wasn’t too like ?!?

a million clinches from Haney.

Ref literally having to pry Haney off of Garcia and not a word said to him.

Ref warning Garcia for holding when Haney is literally wrapped around his waist.

The point deduction literally happens while the ref is trying to pull them apart and Haney is just holding on so Garcia hits Haney.

"Slips" that should've been counted as knockdowns.

The ref literally helping up Haney to his feet after one of these "slips".

It was kinda a spectable but an absolute shitshow at the same time that highlighted the usual shit that boxing does.

Golden Boy fighters did seem to get the benefit of the doubt in scoring. One judge wold have had Garcia winning and another a draw even without the KDs. Barboza lost pretty clear IMO but the punch stats seemed to indicate a closer fight than I expected.

a million clinches from Haney.
Clinching isn't illegal. Fans think it is, but its not. Clinching is part of the sport and basically happens in every single fight there has ever been and will be.
Ref literally having to pry Haney off of Garcia and not a word said to him.

Ref warning Garcia for holding when Haney is literally wrapped around his waist.

The point deduction literally happens while the ref is trying to pull them apart and Haney is just holding on so Garcia hits Haney.
er.... Hitting on. a break is illegal. One of the worst fouls in boxing. You can't excuse a blatant foul because you like one fighter more than the other.
"Slips" that should've been counted as knockdowns.

The ref literally helping up Haney to his feet after one of these "slips".

It was kinda a spectable but an absolute shitshow at the same time that highlighted the usual shit that boxing does.
Depends on what made him go down. Was Garcia leaning on him or pushing him down? If he was, then a KD doesn't count, even if he was hurt before that.

Fact is, both guys were fouling all night long, you just seemed to only care about one of them.

Harvey was shit as a ref in that fight. The main event was exceptional, and had some drama because of that, the knockdowns and an underdog win, but the rest of that card was absolutely dog shit. I was about to fall asleep. Almost any UFC card was better than it, lol.
I thought Ramirez vs Jimenez was pretty good.

Golden Boy fighters did seem to get the benefit of the doubt in scoring. One judge wold have had Garcia winning and another a draw even without the KDs. Barboza lost pretty clear IMO but the punch stats seemed to indicate a closer fight than I expected.
i think barboza deserved to lose for such a shit showing but i had it basically a draw. mccomb didnt really do anything noteworthy. had a couple decent lead left hands and jabs but they were baby arm punches and he got walked down and ate hard body shots all night. i think you could have given it to mccomb on activity but i didn't think it was any sort of robbery.

the commentators' job is partly to entertain, particularly if the fight being shown was dogshit (and it was). they need to create artificial drama whenever possible and that's what they did there.

Clinching isn't illegal. Fans think it is, but its not. Clinching is part of the sport and basically happens in every single fight there has ever been and will be.

er.... Hitting on. a break is illegal. One of the worst fouls in boxing. You can't excuse a blatant foul because you like one fighter more than the other.

Depends on what made him go down. Was Garcia leaning on him or pushing him down? If he was, then a KD doesn't count, even if he was hurt before that.

Fact is, both guys were fouling all night long, you just seemed to only care about one of them.
Don't forget turning your back every time you get pressured to the ropes. That's usually a DQ because you're deemed unfit to fight. But he still whooped Haneys ass. But Haney could not do any offense if he pressured. Kinda lame.

Haney was barely alive at the final bell. Corrupt ref saved KO. Haney almost died in there and the judge scored it a draw. The sport is a joke and nobody is laughing.

Back