Local "Rapper" kills Deputy Sheriff in Rancho Cordova (Greater Sacramento Area)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Suspect in deputy killing is a local rapper who is ‘no stranger’ to law enforcement, official says
The man suspected of killing a Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy and wounding his partner is a local rap artist with a history of minor crimes and run-ins with neighbors and the law, according to court records and interviews.

The Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday that Anton Lemon Moore, a 38-year-old Rancho Cordova resident, is the suspect in the Monday shootout that killed Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy Mark Stasyuk, 27, and injured his partner, Julie Robertson, 28.

Moore fled past a vacant lot and into a nearby shopping center after firing on the deputies at the Pep Boys Auto Parts store on Folsom Boulevard on Monday afternoon. Other deputies answering the call pursued him in at least one vehicle, based on surveillance footage from a nearby restaurant.

Gloria Phipps, an employee at the Gianelli’s appliance store in the lot where Moore was arrested, said she and her co-workers heard about five quick shots. When she went outside, she saw multiple law enforcement vehicles and a man laying on the ground near a light post...

Moore has a criminal record going back to 1998, according to Sacramento Superior Court records.

“He was no stranger to us,” Hampton said. “He was no stranger to Sacramento area law enforcement.”

Many of the criminal charges Moore has faced in the past involve guns. While he was once tried on three felony counts, he has no felony convictions.

Nonetheless, former neighbors described him as a volatile man with a history of violence

In 2007, Moore was arrested on three misdemeanor counts. Two related to domestic violence were dismissed and he again pleaded no contest to a single charge — for disturbing the peace. He was placed on informal three-year probation in August 2008.

Moore’s most serious criminal charges occurred in 2003, when he was tried for three felony counts for assault with a deadly weapon and firing a weapon at an inhabited dwelling or vehicle. A jury acquitted him of the assault charges and the third charge was dismissed.

Moore faced a separate case in 2003 where two misdemeanor charges related to assault and battery were eventually dismissed.

Moore’s first arrest in Sacramento County occurred in March 1998 when he was charged with disturbing the peace and resisting arrest. Both charges were dismissed, according to court records.

Former neighbors of Moore who lived in a College Glen cul-de-sac near him about eight years ago recalled him as frightening and unstable. They said he lived with his mother in a small ranch house in a quiet neighborhood.

Slyvia Nast, who lives at the end of the court, said police came to Moore’s house multiple times. In one instance, she said Moore came to her home to borrow her phone after a physical altercation with his mother. Police were called, and “it was like a standoff,” she said.

“They closed the street down. There were guns drawn and it was a process getting him under arrest,” Nast said. “He had assaulted his mother and her boyfriend. We talked to her for awhile after they took him away and she told us to stay away from him, that he’s very dangerous.”

In another incident, former neighbor Michelle Rosales said she recalled Moore headed toward a home on the cul-de-sac armed with a shotgun.

“I was in the house at the time and all I heard was yelling and all I saw was him with the shotgun,” said Rosales. “It wasn’t the first or the last time he had an alteration with somebody out there.”

Rosales described Moore as “scary.”

Moore also was licensed as a security guard for a time under the name Anton Paris and had a permit to carry an exposed weapon and a baton, according to records with the state Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.

Those licenses expired in 2010 and have been canceled. The state bureau said his licenses were canceled because he did not seek to renew them and that it has no record of disciplinary action against him.
Who gives a shit about "mental illness" or incels? Extraordinary outliers.

Why do we waste time talking about that stuff? These are the people who are killing the vast majority of Americans-- including police-- that don't care who they hurt, and I'm not interested in this evil being sold as "mental illness" in a desperate bid to incur sympathy for this piece of shit, or "explain" and "understand" his motives. I don't care about his motives. I care about his established criminal behavior and history. THAT is the #1 predictor for who is going to pop off and kill people.
#PROJECTEXILE

This guy was allowed to carry a weapon for his job? He should get paid a visit by an FBI agent for even applying to such a job, and his history communicated to that employer. This is where liberals should support larger government; in restricting the rights of felons, and in fastidiously tracking those who have faced violent felony charges, but may have only be convicted of misdemeanors like this man.

We don't need to waste time tracking the tens of millions of people who take SSRIs. We need to focus our efforts on policing smoking volcanoes like this guy, and others like him. Gangbangers and violent felons caught with a gun should face 10+ years without the possibility of parole.

That's if we actually want to stop the violence, and not milk political mileage towards competing agendas out of the war.

Here's the scumbag
Anton%20Moore%20(38_fitted.jpeg

Here's the hero he killed: Deputy Mark Stasyuk
2c123334-2555-4f16-9cea-5cf988275a2d-large16x9_AP18261559486153.jpg

AP News said:
They were responding to a routine call about a dispute between the suspect and an employee at Pep Boys auto shop...

The suspect fired at Stasyuk and Robertson as soon as they encountered him, Jones said. Neither knew the suspect had a gun when they approached.

“As soon as they arrived and engaged the subject he turned as if to run or flee and then immediately turned around and started firing without warning,” Jones said.
This is a threat cops face.

Every day.

Suspect in deputy killing is a local rapper who is ‘no stranger’ to law enforcement, official says

Who gives a shit about "mental illness" or incels? Extraordinary outliers.

Why do we waste time talking about that stuff? These are the people who are killing the vast majority of Americans-- including police-- that don't care who they hurt, and I'm not interested in this evil being sold as "mental illness" in a desperate bid to incur sympathy for this piece of shit, or "explain" and "understand" his motives. I don't care about his motives. I care about his established criminal behavior and history. THAT is the #1 predictor for who is going to pop off and kill people.
#PROJECTEXILE

This guy was allowed to carry a weapon for his job? He should get paid a visit by an FBI agent for even applying to such a job, and his history communicated to that employer. This is where liberals should support larger government; in restricting the rights of felons, and in fastidiously tracking those who have faced violent felony charges, but may have only be convicted of misdemeanors like this man.

We don't need to waste time tracking the tens of millions of people who take SSRIs. We need to focus our efforts on policing smoking volcanoes like this guy, and others like him. Gangbangers and violent felons caught with a gun should face 10+ years without the possibility of parole.

That's if we actually want to stop the violence, and not milk political mileage towards competing agendas out of the war.

Here's the scumbag
Anton%20Moore%20(38_fitted.jpeg

Here's the hero he killed: Deputy Mark Stasyuk
2c123334-2555-4f16-9cea-5cf988275a2d-large16x9_AP18261559486153.jpg

This is a threat cops face.

Every day.

RIP the Deputy. Condolences to his family and friends.

Terrible. RIP to this deputy and prayers for his family.

Unfortunately, some here will get a sick pleasure from this.

No. I don't think liberals need to support a system of surveillance that is not only unfettered by due process, but is structured diametrical to its findings, so that prosecutors can charge unrealistic felonies only to have them dropped or dismissed after they have unlocked "fastidious tracking" capabilities for the rest of the accused's life.

Gangbangers and violent felons caught with a gun should face 10+ years without the possibility of parole.

That's generally already the case.

It is a shame, but that is the job. Why is he automatically a hero?

No. I don't think liberals need to support a system of surveillance that is not only unfettered by due process, but is structured diametrical to its findings, so that prosecutors can charge unrealistic felonies only to have them dropped or dismissed after they have unlocked "fastidious tracking" capabilities for the rest of the accused's life.
That's because you care about protecting criminals and the populations from which they are born more than you care about ending the violence.
That's generally already the case.
No, it's not. I'm talking about 10+ years, no parole, for possession.

That's because you care about protecting criminals and the populations from which they are born more than you care about ending the violence.

Your authoritarian streak is showing again. Think about what you're advocating for.

No. I don't think liberals need to support a system of surveillance that is not only unfettered by due process,...

They don't mind the Patriot Act and that's not even directed at actual criminals. But hey, just a couple more firearms prohibitions oughtta do the trick.

Guilty.

I also care about civil liberties and not creating unconstitutional surveillance regimes whereby the government can systematically invade citizens' privacy without any findings of guilt. And I don't care for mandatory FBI visits to anyone who wants to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to own a firearm.

For someone who fear mongers as much about authoritarian communism as you do, you should sympathize with my libertarian sensibilities.

Yes, that's generally already the case.

The average sentence for a federal felon-in-possession conviction is 7 years. For violent felons (a person with three felony convictions, at least one of which is violent), it's 15 years minimum.

They don't mind the Patriot Act and that's not even directed at actual criminals. But hey, just a couple more firearms prohibitions oughtta do the trick.

Yes, they do. The median American liberal opposes the PATRIOT Act. That your shilling for an argument for massive surveillance and infringement based on unproven allegations - and applications for gun usage nonetheless - is troubling.

Last edited:
What the hell? A thread where I agree with Trotsky and disagree with Mick?

What is happening?

Just for the people who are into things like stats and facts, violent crime is at alltime low, but don't let that stop you from wetting the bed everytime a crime takes place.

The average sentence for a federal felon-in-possession conviction is 7 years. For violent felons (a person with three felony convictions, at least one of which is violent), it's 15 years minimum.
Which comes out to 3-4 years after parole, or 7 in the latter case.

Not cutting it. A single violent felony and it's 10+ hard time, no ifs, ands, or buts.

*Edit*
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ck_Facts_Felon_in_Possession_of_a_Firearm.pdf
Also, average sentence is 6yrs3mos, and that's across all of these cases.
Punishment (continued)
  • The average sentence length for all section 922(g) offenders was 75 months; however, one quarter of these offenders had an average sentence of 24 months or less while one quarter had an average sentence of 96 months or more.
  • The average sentence length for offenders convicted of violating only section 922(g) and who were sentenced under ACCA was 180 months.
  • The average sentence length for offenders convicted of violating only section 922(g) but who were not sentenced under ACCA was 46 months

And that's just sentencing, not time served.

Last edited:
Eh, I think we should check the officers door locks, raid his apartment, check his computers, etcetera and etc, before we automatically just convict this guy. Maybe the officer had marijuana on his property.

Back