Logan Paul vs KSI

More entertaining than actual boxing nowadays and less corrupt.

giphy.gif

I mean, there is something sad in this situation, but it's not the state of boxing.
It is most definitely the state of boxing. If it was not in a sorry state than childish "youtubers" would not be throwing their own boxing events and having Michael Buffer announce for them.

It is most definitely the state of boxing. If it was not in a sorry state than childish "youtubers" would not be throwing their own boxing events and having Michael Buffer announce for them.

I don't follow your logic. How does a celebrity boxing match which generated a lot of money and interest suggest boxing is in a sad state? Wouldn't the relative success of the event suggest good things for boxing (I don't really think it suggests anything, but if one wanted to some kind of conclusion from this event regarding the general state of the sport, that likely would be it).

I don't follow your logic. How does a celebrity boxing match which generated a lot of money and interest suggest boxing is in a sad state? Wouldn't the relative success of the event suggest good things for boxing (I don't really think it suggests anything, but if one wanted to some kind of conclusion from this event regarding the general state of the sport, that likely would be it).
I think it's sad they made more money than porter and Garcia and more than doubled the views atg ward got on free TV even with a 10.00 buy. I don’t think any celebrity fight would do similar vs boxing 20 years ago

Who are these people?

Who are these people?

It's a rabbit hole I still refuse to go down, but they're youtube celebrities, which can mean just about anything.

I think it's sad they made more money than porter and Garcia and more than doubled the views atg ward got on free TV even with a 10.00 buy. I don’t think any celebrity fight would do similar vs boxing 20 years ago

Cristiano ronaldo would crush these numbers.

Are you talking about when Ward fought on Bounce in a clear tuneup? Also, do you consider Ward an ATG? I recall you being quite the Ward skeptic.

Anyway, the internet certainly wasn't what it is now 20 years ago, so it's a tough comparison to make. Relatively speaking, there were plenty of fights between solid, top fighters 20 years ago which would have generated comparatively less buzz than this clownshow. It's not like the late 90s were some golden era for boxing, after all. It might be sad that this many people care about these two people fighting each other, but it's certainly not a bad sign for boxing as a sport that it did generate this buzz. If anything, it's the opposite (which it probably isn't, but at least that would logically follow instead of that bizarre take I responded to).

It's a rabbit hole I still refuse to go down, but they're youtube celebrities, which can mean just about anything.
<{clintugh}>

Who are these people?
They are YouTubers. To be honest I think this is good. Regardless of the shit heads claiming boxing is dead or something whilst putting on a major boxing event..

Fucking couldn't believe they had Michael buffer though

The logan guy was the guy who thought it would be a good idea to go looking for bodies in a Japanese suicide Forrest. Then put it on YouTube. For his 12 year old fans. Then mock said dead person and promote suicide awareness..

All round trash.

They are YouTubers. To be honest I think this is good. Regardless of the shit heads claiming boxing is dead or something whilst putting on a major boxing event..

Fucking couldn't believe they had Michael buffer though

The logan guy was the guy who thought it would be a good idea to go looking for bodies in a Japanese suicide Forrest. Then put it on YouTube. For his 12 year old fans. Then mock said dead person and promote suicide awareness..

All round trash.
Not sure what is good about these jackasses but I dont give a shit about social media celebrities so meh.

Guess Im just old now lol.

Not sure what is good about these jackasses but I dont give a shit about social media celebrities so meh.

The reason why I say this good is not becasue I like either guy. But logan especially is an idol of young kids. N9t entirely sure why as he's a total ass hat. But he's still their idol. Maybe some of those same kids watched their first boxing match. Maybe some of those will take it up as a hobby.

The reason why I say this good is not becasue I like either guy. But logan especially is an idol of young kids. N9t entirely sure why as he's a total ass hat. But he's still their idol. Maybe some of those same kids watched their first boxing match. Maybe some of those will take it up as a hobby.
{<jordan}

but then again everything is possible.
#trump

to the boxing part: dont worry man! soccer wont take everything away from you.
giphy.gif

I love this new time because retards like me dont become bums.

Internet made life handicapped friendly <3
<TheDonald>
<GinJuice>
200.gif

{<jordan}

but then again everything is possible.
#trump

to the boxing part: dont worry man! soccer wont take everything away from you.
giphy.gif
It's sad. But his demographic is pre pubescent kids. He shouldn't be their role model but he is. I dont think this is bad for the sport by any means.

The main and co main although obviously completely amatuer were actually reasonably competitive and not bad for complete novices.

This to me wasn't like the other stupid cele rity boxing fights as these guys as much as I admit I despise them are actually currently relevant.

It's sad. But his demographic is pre pubescent kids. He shouldn't be their role model but he is. I dont think this is bad for the sport by any means.

The main and co main although obviously completely amatuer were actually reasonably competitive and not bad for complete novices.

This to me wasn't like the other stupid cele rity boxing fights as these guys as much as I admit I despise them are actually currently relevant.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it's good for the sport either. If you've got people that support a guy like that, I rather they just stay away.

Back