Lol at Jesse Taylor's redemption

Always liked the guy, glad he made enough money in TUF (250k for winning, 10k per fight in the show and 5k for finishing, as well as whatever salary he got for the finale, I'm guessing over 300k total) so he's definitely well off for the year

It kind of makes a mockery out of TUF. He only won because he could grind forever. Not much of a surprise why and how that was possible now.

Did any of you actually believe a man his age, with his physique, was clean!?

I know whether a fighter pops always remains to be seen, but sweet lord... so many of them are just swimming in juice.

(Lovely, lovely juice...)
The physique isn't what should worry you. That's weight lifting and diet.

The problem is having that physique and fighting for 15 minutes. You're gas tank shouldn't hold up. That's the red flag.

What an idiot win the redemption serious that get popped by USADA.
He's probably never gonna fight in the UFC.....again
Are you serious?

He popped?

<Prem973>

"Redemption" is such a rare thing at MMA, it's hard to find someone who won't fuck up again after they did that once. Jones and Paul Harris are two good examples of that.

Did any of you actually believe a man his age, with his physique, was clean!?

I know whether a fighter pops always remains to be seen, but sweet lord... so many of them are just swimming in juice.

(Lovely, lovely juice...)
Most of those guys looked juiced I was why tf UFC Dana somebody is allowing it knowing they will get caught if they win that season was a mess

For fuck sake... I almost shed a tear at the beauty of his "redemption"... Not that I thought he was clean for a minute. His body is one of the most juiced looking around... But it doesn't bother me if they don't get caught.

I'm no chemist, but isn't clomiphene basically a masking agent?
Buff it's impossible for me to keep up with these drugs, not that I'm interested in them myself.

I think clomiphene may actually be a testosterone booster in men, but I am not sure. Basically... it's the kind of nonsense USADA loves to find haha

It really is a shame, I kind of liked Taylor.

I was impressed by his efforts and all the hard work it took to get another shot, I feel bad for him.

I do too. Followed him and enjoyed his personality back in the day as well. Dude seemed legit on the comeback which makes his positive test even worse. I mean its only a one year suspension so im not sure what criteria makes his suspension drop a year because normally first time offenses are two years.

Was a shame to see the storybook ending end like this

But fighters gonna roid

Is what it is

I was impressed by his efforts and all the hard work it took to get another shot, I feel bad for him.

Agreed. People on these forums love to discount what it takes to be successful at that level (even as a fighter just entering the UFC) as though steroids are simply some wonder drug which replicate training, skill and experience.

That said, I'm not surprised. Taylor was a beast at middleweight. Coming in now at 170, and still carrying that much muscle, looked highly suspicious - especially given his mileage.

The physique isn't what should worry you. That's weight lifting and diet.

The problem is having that physique and fighting for 15 minutes. You're gas tank shouldn't hold up. That's the red flag.

"Weightlifting and diet"

Haha. Ok guy.

I've only been in the game 17 years training daily with a broad cross section of Combat Sports athletes (4 of whom fought in the UFC), as well as both IFBB and IDFA pro-Card holders and powerlifters, including world-record holders... I had no idea whatsoever regarding what was naturally attainable.

Jesse Taylor was totally just "weightlifting and diet". Didn't look geared-up at all on his most recent season of TUF.

I had no idea what was possible. Thank you for enlightening me, Sir!

I defer to your authority and experience.

Best,

Jesse strikes me as a guy who believes that the human spirit cannot be redeemed through fighting alone.

"Weightlifting and diet"

Haha. Ok guy.

I've only been in the game 17 years training daily with a broad cross section of Combat Sports athletes (4 of whom fought in the UFC), as well as both IFBB and IDFA pro-Card holders and powerlifters, including world-record holders... I had no idea whatsoever regarding what was naturally attainable.

Jesse Taylor was totally just "weightlifting and diet". Didn't look geared-up at all on his most recent season of TUF.

I had no idea what was possible. Thank you for enlightening me, Sir!

I defer to your authority and experience.

Best,
My dad is 52 with the body of a 35 year old.

And no he doesn't take PEDs.

He lifts 6 days a week and has a very strict diet.

Triceps
Biceps
Shoulders and traps
Abs
Pecs
Wings

He has them all.

Some of it is genetics (thank you God) but it's also discipline.

Maybe you have crappy genes.

But personally the "eye test" is a jealousy test to me.

I'm 30 and since 16 I've been accused of PEDs. Never taken a drop. Just ate a lot of roast beef and potatoes while being a 3 sport athlete in hs and playing football in college.

I'll admit I've been a lazy ass for the last 3 years but my body doesn't show it. I do need to start doing stuff again

Back