Lol at Jesse Taylor's redemption

My dad is 52 with the body of a 35 year old.

And no he doesn't take PEDs.

He lifts 6 days a week and has a very strict diet.

Triceps
Biceps
Shoulders and traps
Abs
Pecs
Wings

He has them all.

Some of it is genetics (thank you God) but it's also discipline.

Maybe you have crappy genes.

Oh.

Your Dad.

Can you say that with a straight face?

I'm glad you know for a fact he's clean.

Just like Sage Northcutt's Dad.

Thank you for the benefit of your vast experience.

EDIT: I know many, many "Dads", husbands, sons etc. Who are all on the sauce. Newsflash. The vast majority of them don't talk to their families about it.

I know wives and girlfriends and non-training friends who are convinced their partners and buddies are clean and those same partners and friends discuss openly With other athletes about what they're cycling.

You talk like a non athlete with no firsthand experience. I don't mean that as an insult. Just an observation. It's ok. If you don't know, you just don't know.

Last edited:
Oh.

Your Dad.

Can you say that with a straight face?

I'm glad you know for a fact he's clean.

Just like Sage Northcutt's Dad.

Thank you for the benefit of your vast experience.
Sounds like jealousy

Sounds like jealousy

Nope. Just realism and many years in the fitness industry.

I'm in fantastic shape buddy. I've posted numerous pictures on this forum over the years. 5'10, ~186 lbs. ~8.2% body fat, 10.5 foot long jump 4.5+ foot high jump, both from a dead stand. And bench 315, squat 335-350 to the floor and dead 435, all for reps. And those lifts are for a functional grappling athlete. Not a powerlifter (who would blow my lifts out of the water).

So you, with no firsthand experience (beyond what you think you know about your Dad), are calling me "jealous", when I, with 17 years experience as an athlete, are telling you that you're ignorant.

Between the two of us, I would have the more credible opinion.

I'm not jealous of anything.

I said Jesse Taylor was clearly sauced.

And guess what. He popped.

He popped for clomiphene? Must have been "dick pills"

Is anyone surprised the wrestler built like a bodybuilder that is twice as strong as everyone else in his weight class is on PEDs???

Nope. Just realism and many years in the fitness industry.

I'm in fantastic shape buddy. I've posted numerous pictures on this forum over the years. 5'10, ~186 lbs. ~8.2% body fat, 10.5 foot long jump 4.5+ foot high jump, both from a dead stand. And bench 315, squat 335-350 to the floor and dead 435, all for reps. And those lifts are for a functional grappling athlete. Not a powerlifter (who would blow my lifts out of the water).

So you, with no firsthand experience (beyond what you think you know about your Dad), are calling me "jealous", when I, with 17 years experience as an athlete, are telling you that you're ignorant.

Between the two of us, I would have the more credible opinion.

I'm not jealous of anything.

I said Jesse Taylor was clearly sauced.

And guess what. He popped.
Why is your squat only 30 pounds more then your bench?

When I had a 335 pound bench my squat was 550.

No way is your chest just as strong as your quads.

Right there tells me something is fugazi about you.

Gotta make the re-redemption retard ultimate fighter now

No. Just the way it is. My chest and triceps have always seemed to be disproportionately strong relative to the rest of my body. My bench deteriotates the slowest and rejuvenates the fastest if I'm out due to injury etc. It's been like that since my early 20's. Genetics I imagine. I have umcharachteristically large triceps.

One of my cousins is a competitive bodybuilder and the other is a powerlifer and they struggle with their quads as well.

They are making The Hills Have Eyes part 3.. I am sure he can land a role

Another factor you may have glossed over (perhaps not), is that I said "to the floor". I literally sit on my heels in the bucket (I have great hip flexibility) and pause for 1 or 2 beats before reversing the lift.

The only lifters I ever see do that are hardcore power-lifters and I am not a power lifter.

I've been going that low ever since training with Conor Demone back in the day. Perhaps you're squatting to parallel or just below parallel.

If you're hitting 550 to the floor, my hat's off to you - you would be a monster (presuming you don't weigh ~300 lbs).

Another factor you may have glossed over (perhaps not), is that I said "to the floor". I literally sit on my heels in the bucket (I have great hip flexibility) and pause for 1 or 2 beats before reversing the lift.

The only lifters I ever see do that are hardcore power-lifters and I am not a power lifter.

I've been going that low ever since training with Conor Demone back in the day. Perhaps you're squatting to parallel or just below parallel.

If you're hitting 550 to the floor, my hat's off to you - you would be a monster (presuming you don't weigh ~300 lbs).
I'm sorry if I came off salty. I have no reason to doubt you. Sorry.

I've just been accused of using steroids for so long that I've become a little jaded to the subject.

And no I go to thighs parallel to the ground. I've always been worried about my knees if I went any lower.

I've been lazy. I'm about 235 now. Target weight for me is 200-210.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I came off salty. I have no reason to doubt you.

I've just been accused of using steroids for so long that I've become a little jaded to the subject.

And no I go to thighs parallel to the ground. I've always been worried about my knees if I went any lower.

No worries brother.

There's different schools of thought on the knee issue. The bodybuilders tend to advocate the view you just expressed, whereas the power/lifters tend to say braking at parallel can put more strain on your knees than going lower and braking with your entire posterior chain.

When I used to squat to parallel, I used to find my knees bothered me to the point of concern, but since going lower, that issue seemed to ameliorate and ceased to bother me.

But man, I can't imagine pushing up out of the bucket with 500+ lbs on my back...

I'm 39 years old at present, so I imagine everything will start falling apart soon.

Edit: not sure why that triple-quoted...

No worries brother.

There's different schools of thought on the knee issue. The bodybuilders tend to advocate the view you just expressed, whereas the power/lifters tend to say braking at parallel can put more strain on your knees than going lower and braking with your entire posterior chain.

When I used to squat to parallel, I used to find my knees bothered me to the point of concern, but since going lower, that issue seemed to ameliorate and ceased to bother me.

But man, I can't imagine pushing up out of the bucket with 500+ lbs on my back...

I'm 39 years old at present, so I imagine everything will start falling apart soon.

Edit: not sure why that triple-quoted...
You're knowledgeable poster and I can tell you have a plethora of info.

I'm gonna start following you because I seriously need to get off my ass and start doing something. I might need a couple questions answered because I've never lifted for the sake of lifting. I always lifted for the sake of football aka explosive strength.

And my Dad really does have the body of a man much younger then him. We go out and most people think he's my really old brother. So you got at least another 7 years left in you. Does he take stuff? IDK but my guess is no. We really don't talk about working out or sports in general. He's been mad at me since I was 14 and gave up soccer for football.

He made a cool 250000$, didn't he? So who cares, it's not like he was gonna become an elite UFC fighter at this point anyway.

I know people around here seem to cherish TUF 4 for some reason, but I really don't like those comeback or redemption seasons. If any of those washed up fighters were that good, they wouldn't be on a redemption season to begin with. At least with normal TUF seasons one can always hope for some unknown gem, and potentially witness the early stages of a future elite, if not a champion.
And yeah, I know that this possibility is getting more and more improbable with each season...

Jesse was on TUF 7. Tuf 4 was Matt Serra and Travis Lutter...

Its to bad that the juice didnt do anything for that head! Dude reminds me of Sloth from The Goonies!

You're knowledgeable poster and I can tell you have a plethora of info.

I'm gonna start following you because I seriously need to get off my ass and start doing something. I might need a couple questions answered because I've never lifted for the sake of lifting. I always lifted for the sake of football aka explosive strength.

And my Dad really does have the body of a man much younger then him. We go out and most people think he's my really old brother. So you got at least another 7 years left in you. Does he take stuff? IDK but my guess is no. We really don't talk about working out or sports in general. He's been mad at me since I was 14 and gave up soccer for football.

If he looks that good (great for him! I always admire guys 40 and 50+ that manage to stay in great shape), there is a very good chance he's taking some form of supplementation, be it Hormone Replacement Therapy (injectable or gel) or HGH through his doctor, or straight gear through his training network. No judgment here either way. I have no compunction about PEDs at all. Especially as you age, the body just stops producing the testosterone needed to train and achieve results at a high level.

I'm 39... earlier this year I was feeling awful for quite a while. Poor sleep, mild depression, no sex drive, terrible post-training recovery, and noticeable loss of muscle mass.

My Family Physician tells me I'm depressed and gives me a prescription for anti-depressants, which I refuse to take because I work in a professional career and can't be operating in an altered state.

I get my blood work done and it tuns out my testosterone is in the basement. I see an Endocrinologist who gives me an Rx for HRT (~200 mg of test a week, injectable), and within a few weeks I feel fantastic. The previously described Sx are gone and I'm back to training the way I want to...

But honestly, I don't know anybody over 40 who trains regularly and is in top-shelf shape, that isn't on something, whether prescribed, or off label.

Outside of sports, I have a group of friends who are all top level RCMP (from undercover to guarding the Prime Minister) and every one of those boys is 40+, jacked, and on the sauce (rightfully so).

Back