Loma’s Team Calls for Pacquiao fight at 135lbs

Pacquiao turns 40-years-old before the year is over, and there are many who close to him who believe the eight division world champion should retire.

He wants to fight at least two to three more times before calling it a day.

"My next fight, I want to defend my belt," Pacquiao said.

"If boxing is not my passion, I would not fight again. It's like I'm addicted to boxing and I really love to fight and bring honour to my country. That's my heart's desire."

Some of the potential options include, three division world champion Terence Crawford, who currently holds the WBO welterweight title. And WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko, who also won world titles at 130 and 126.

To fight Crawford, there would be no issues with the weight. But for Lomachenko there would have to be a catch-weight - and Loma's team is requesting the lightweight limit of 135, where Pacquiao has not fought since 2008. Pacquiao is willing to do that fight at the junior welterweight limit of 140, which Lomachenko's team rejected.

140 and we got a fight! Come on man!!!

Manny will fight Khan, Loma will fight Beltran/Pedraza then

Yeah pac, drop 12 pounds to be a stepping stone, you coward.

DiG0qR0VMAI0qp7.jpg

Manny eats like an old asian person. Lots of rice, a soup for broth to keep warm, a meat platter on the side usually chicken or fish, and a veggie dish.

Lol, this is Manny making 147. He probably ate some lumpia afterwards too.

More fighters should follow Manny and Floyd's lead on weight cutting. You are not at your best when you are draining yourself of nutrients and water. I feel like boxers have mostly figured that out, but UFC fighters are a bunch of crazy people when it comes to weight cuts.

More fighters should follow Manny and Floyd's lead on weight cutting. You are not at your best when you are draining yourself of nutrients and water. I feel like boxers have mostly figured that out, but UFC fighters are a bunch of crazy people when it comes to weight cuts.
grappling changes things considerably. that, and the fact that the vast majority of mma fighters in the UFC have some sort of wrestling background, where the mentality is to cut as much as you can.

i do agree, though. reasonable cutting is a far better choice than having a life and death battle with the scale.

I think Pac would beat up Loma. Pac isn't shot the way Oscar was shot when he fought Pac IMO.

I'm not even sure how massively shot Oscar was, he was just completely dead at the weight.

I'm not even sure how massively shot Oscar was, he was just completely dead at the weight.
yeah, that was probably the biggest factor. I have the feeling Pac will be smarter though, and know not to make htat kind of weight jump.

Also, let's not forget that DLH looked like ass against Forbes the fight before. Forbes isn't a bad fighter, but DLH definitely wasn't lighting the world up like he was in the 90s.

you can actually find hte pacquiao diet somewhere on youtube. It's literally like 7500 calories per day.

Manny ain't no 158. Him and Floyd are literally the two only guys who don't cut much weight. 5lbs max. Floyd walks around 150ish, Manny at 147. He often weighs in at 144 and that's eating breakfast and lunch before the weigh in.

Really? I didn't know that. Pac walks at less than 150!? I would have guessed he can get up a bit just based on his thick build/calves/etc.

But I have no idea, never really seen much reference to it. I knew Floyd was very close but didn't realize Pac was a light weight-cutter.

He's not going to 135. Makes no sense, maybe not even possible.
Did you know he walks so close to fight weight? I don't think I ever knew that or really heard it brought up and I assumed he could get up to 160+ between fights. I guess 13-15 pounds is a pretty big leap at his height, but I just assumed he cut and didn't know he was close to 147 walking around.

Really? I didn't know that. Pac walks at less than 150!? I would have guessed he can get up a bit just based on his thick build/calves/etc.

But I have no idea, never really seen much reference to it. I knew Floyd was very close but didn't realize Pac was a light weight-cutter.

Pac has said many times that he's not interested in cutting significant weight anymore in his career. He used to cut a ton at the lower weights (he's lost at least one belt on the scale), and is past the point in his career where he wants to do that anymore.

You do realize that his team said he could safely make 135 still? Pac said it himself. Why would Lomachenko ask for a fight at 140 or higher with Pac if Pac already said he could make 135 for the fight? Manny shouldn't go to 135, but that isn't the point. It doesn't matter anyway because Pac is the A side and they're two divisions apart. If Loma moves up to 140 then the fight might be able to happen.

You do realize that his team said he could safely make 135 still? Pac said it himself. Why would Lomachenko ask for a fight at 140 or higher with Pac if Pac already said he could make 135 for the fight? Manny shouldn't go to 135, but that isn't the point. It doesn't matter anyway because Pac is the A side and they're two divisions apart. If Loma moves up to 140 then the fight might be able to happen.
GTFO. Any fans of any other fighter in the world would be embarrassed if their guy asked a guy to drop 2 weight classes so they could get a big payday. That is an absolutely embarrassing thing for him and his team to ask. I can't think of a single example of it happening in the past, an aging big name dropping down 2 classes to fight the flavor of the week.

Pac has said many times that he's not interested in cutting significant weight anymore in his career. He used to cut a ton at the lower weights (he's lost at least one belt on the scale), and is past the point in his career where he wants to do that anymore.

I don't want to see him try 135 (nonsense), but I was just curious as to his walking weight---away from a fight. I expected he'd be 160+.
140 would make some sense for him but still be a deep cut and Loma might not need a rehydrated 140 Pac, either. I do think he'd still win and possibly dominate, but Pac could certainly win and definitely rough him up.

GTFO. Any fans of any other fighter in the world would be embarrassed if their guy asked a guy to drop 2 weight classes so they could get a big payday. That is an absolutely embarrassing thing for him and his team to ask. I can't think of a single example of it happening in the past, an aging big name dropping down 2 classes to fight the flavor of the week.
Manny is asking for the fight. That changes things a bit. But, you knew that.

Manny is asking for the fight. That changes things a bit. But, you knew that.
“We have no interest [in moving up],” Klimas told Chris Mannix of Yahoo! Sports. “If Pacquiao can make 135, to come in and compete for [Lomachenko’s] WBA title, Vasyl is the champion in that weight class, it’s a possibility.”

“If we are talking 137 [pounds] and 136, no, there will be no catch weight. If he wants to challenge, he needs to come down. We are not looking to go to 140 pounds. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight Lomachenko, he can make 135 pounds.”

“We have no interest [in moving up],” Klimas told Chris Mannix of Yahoo! Sports. “If Pacquiao can make 135, to come in and compete for [Lomachenko’s] WBA title, Vasyl is the champion in that weight class, it’s a possibility.”

“If we are talking 137 [pounds] and 136, no, there will be no catch weight. If he wants to challenge, he needs to come down. We are not looking to go to 140 pounds. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight Lomachenko, he can make 135 pounds.”
Because Manny and his team said they could go that low in the first place. Here's another way to look at it. Manny wants the smaller man who's never competed at 140, with 12 pro fights to his name, to move up again for the third time to compete in his fourth weight class. That doesn't look good, either.

Because Manny and his team said they could go that low in the first place. Here's another way to look at it. Manny wants the smaller man who's never competed at 140, with 12 pro fights to his name, to move up again for the third time to compete in his fourth weight class. That doesn't look good, either.
Isn't that what they did with Rigondeaux?

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...lains-why-he-turned-down-manny-pacquiao-offer

Lomachenko turned down Pac. That story I just posted shows why Lomachenko will never have the impact Pac had. Pac was a risk taker. Loamchenko is not.

Isn't that what they did with Rigondeaux?

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...lains-why-he-turned-down-manny-pacquiao-offer

Lomachenko turned down Pac. That story I just posted shows why Lomachenko will never have the impact Pac had. Pac was a risk taker. Loamchenko is not.
That's from January. Nobody in recent memory has been fighting the level of competition that Loma has this early. If Pac is still such a risk taker then why doesn't he fight a top Welterweight (his own division) right now with his wealth of pro experience? He said himself that he's back and feels like he's 28 again.

That's from January. Nobody in recent memory has been fighting the level of competition that Loma has this early. If Pac is still such a risk taker then why doesn't he fight a top Welterweight (his own division) right now with his wealth of pro experience? He said himself that he's back and feels like he's 28 again.
eh, I really don't care to get into arguments about the greatness of Rocky Martinez and Jorge Linares again. We've had that discussion.

I posted a story of Lomachenko turning down a pac fight over weight and another saying they'd only fight him if he dropped 2 weight classes. Translation to anyone but Loamchenko fans- He has no interest in that fight.

Back