Media Loma calls out Davis "guy who talks too much"

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
GL: What are your goals for 2019?

VL: "To unify all of the titles at lightweight and fight with the guys who talk too much."

GL: Fight with guys who talk too much? Are you talking about Teofimo Lopez and his father who have had quite a bit to say lately?

VL: "Yes, I do want to fight with guys who talk too much, but I'm talking about Gervonta Davis."

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=36696

Tank doesnt want to get embarrassed.

Loma will destroy him.

i think it would be an intriguing fight, but tank eventually quits on his stool.

GL: What are your goals for 2019?

VL: "To unify all of the titles at lightweight and fight with the guys who talk too much."

GL: Fight with guys who talk too much? Are you talking about Teofimo Lopez and his father who have had quite a bit to say lately?

VL: "Yes, I do want to fight with guys who talk too much, but I'm talking about Gervonta Davis."

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=36696

Haha love the AV dude.

What was the point in Loma moving up to Lightweight if he's just going to carry on fighting Super-Featherweights?

Either way, calling out Davis is pointless. They are on different levels at the moment. Davis is good, but seems too small and fat to be a long term success.

Is the fight to be at 130 or 160? Seriously, though, I like to see Lomachenko move back down to 130 because that’s where he belongs. I don’t think the guys at 135 are any more high profile than the 130 lb fighters either so nothing to be gained by staying up.

Here we go again. More unreasonable smoke orchestrated by Top Rank. They fools the public in illustrating that Haymon has given actual Champions across another network. As if John Molina Jr. Or Felix Diaz were the Premier Boxing Champions that Top Rank or Crawford are referring too.

Showtime has way more Champions than ESPN. You don’t see Showtime fighters making an effort for attraction by calling out the limited ESPN pool and saying “come here, Bob can make it happen.”

These tactics by Top Rank are stupid...as if crossing the street defaults strictly on ESPN. You won’t hear Crawford or Loma saying “if they made a good offer I’ll fight over there I don’t care...”.

We know they won’t bark such a statement because they know they can’t, and that’s up to ESPN not Top Rank.

Top Rank and Mayweather Promotions agreeing to splits with Loma vs Davis... cmon y’all...

I'd like to see it. I think Tank does better than people will expect.

I think Tank does fairly well, actually. We've seen Loma have some problems with several different guys, I don't see why it is assumed that Loma will just walk right through Tank. At his best, Tank is a pretty dangerous fight for Loma.

Davis has to show he can focus on boxing for an entire calendar year before he should be talked about as an opponent for a lot of people's p4p #1 fighter in the world (especially when they're fighting in different weight classes). It's an odd time to be calling him out, frankly.

Compelling fight. Gervonta has a level of explosiveness and power that could prove dangerous. He and Loma are different kind of athletes. Both great, but in different ways. Davis is more twitchy, Loma is more agile and fluid.

I'd like this fight more if Tank weren't more concerned with being more awful than Adrien Broner than his boxing career.

Really wish Mikey wasn't fighting Spence, could've had an undisputed fight between he and Loma. sigh

wouldn't favour him vs tank. lomanchenko's style isn't great against pressure fighters with good power.

wouldn't favour him vs tank. lomanchenko's style isn't great against pressure fighters with good power.
Tank doesn't throw any more punches per round than Loma and he's also looked recently like he's completely ate and drank his way out of a weight class.

Tank doesn't throw any more punches per round than Loma and he's also looked recently like he's completely ate and drank his way out of a weight class.
you don't have to be a volume puncher to be a pressure fighter. davis is by far the most dangerous fighter lomanchenko could face at the moment.

you don't have to be a volume puncher to be a pressure fighter. davis is by far the most dangerous fighter lomanchenko could face at the moment.
Well without the volume, unless he's fighting inside, I see no way Tank is cutting off the ring and stopping Loma from using his footwork and tiring him out.

Lmao. Ok.

Maybe in an eating contest.

Back