Loma vs. Rigo Dec. 9, Madison Square Garden theatre (sold out)

Does the winner get the #1 p4p distinction? With Ward retiring and Canelo-GGG inconclusive, I think it does.

If Rigo wins without controversy (see his last fight) then it's almost guaranteed. For Lomachenko it'll just help solidify where he's already ranked by most P4P lists.

I no doubt think both will be in amazing condition. But I think of Chocolatetito vs Sor... it is weird how just a few pounds at these smaller weights can make a world of difference. Loma is going to be naturally bigger by a solid 10 pounds, and he will look it in the ring. He throws from weird angles, and Rigo is prone to getting hit with shots he didn't see.

Loma was 139 in his last fight. I think he'll come in a little lighter while Rigo will come in the heaviest we've seen him. It'll still be a lot of size and weight that he's giving up when you factor in body weight percentage for him. I think we'll see more body work in this fight from them as both are hard to hit clean upstairs and both are very good at attacking the body.

Does the winner get the #1 p4p distinction? With Ward retiring and Canelo-GGG inconclusive, I think it does.

If Rigo wins he will unanimously be no.1 P4P. If Loma wins... I don't know. Rigo is the one moving up two weight classes, and so Loma is kind of in a lose-lose situation. But I would place him no.1 if he were to pull this off.

I'm just not sold on Crawford. He lacks signature wins. He has some nice wins, but you can't just live off the Gamboa victory for 3 years. Gamboa was the smaller guy moving up too.

Canelo and GGG both need a more conclusive result in the rematch to be considered.

Too bad he didn't fight him when he was at 126 then. Or maybe do a catchweight.

Rigo's the reason that fight didn't happen when it could've. I posted the video once before. Do you really need to see it again?

Rigo's the reason that fight didn't happen when it could've. I posted the video once before. Do you really need to see it again?
Don't really care.

<Fedor23>

I'm saying he could have met Rigo in the middle if he's so scared of people discrediting the win.

Generally when the bigger guy beats the smaller guy, people don't think much of it, either way. Its only special when it works out the other way.

Don't really care.

<Fedor23>

I'm saying he could have met Rigo in the middle if he's so scared of people discrediting the win.

Generally when the bigger guy beats the smaller guy, people don't think much of it, either way. Its only special when it works out the other way.

Arum wouldn't let him meet Rigo in the middle here. He said Loma wouldn't sacrifice his body as he was trying to move up and not down, something that's been on his radar (a move to 135). Their career trajectories weren't inline with each other whatsoever. Back when Rigo could've fought Loma it would've been at 126 and he would've been younger with the fight being more competitive on paper as a result. So, you should care.

I think it's going to be a great fight. Rigo might be smaller but he is an incredible boxer and very hard to hit when he wants to be. The skills on display will make this an incredible fight. I also agree that if Rigo wins this he should be P4P no.1 but for Loma it really depends on how he wins it. If he does it by bullying and pressuring, using his size to his advantage then maybe not much change in his P4P but if he outboxes/outskills Rigondeaux then I think he deserves to go up the list, maybe no.1.

Dont act like Vasyl Lomachenko don't have wholes in his game and doesn't have bad habits and isn't predictable in his defense and offense.

Because he does and he is.

They both have wholes in their game.

Vasyl Lomachenko dipping to his right to slip punches all the time will be a part of his demise cause Guilllermo Rigondeaux is going to take advantage of this bad habit till Vasly stops doing it. If he cant Vasly will get stopped or lose the fight because he does this to much and that feint or jab to make him dip to his right and the strait left or left hand after the jab is gonna bust him up and maybe put him down. Rigondeaux is working on this stuff all day and will take advantage of that mistake if Loma doesn't work on it.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guilllermo Rigondeaux - Film Study vs Gary Russell Jr. Rd2 Watch him dip to his right to slip punches every time.
keep making this mistake it will be your fate.

Guilllermo Rigondeaux wholes in his game he seems to study to much and doesn't attack throwing volume punches to make sure he wins the rounds because if he study's Loma to much he will be behind in the fight and by the time he notices it, hes behind by 3 points on two cards going into the 9th round.
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Vasyl Lomachenko - Film Study vs James Dickens Rd1
Watch him just stand there and study to much not being busy enough to beat Loma. Unless hes working on stuff because James is not a threat and James doesn't want to exchange with Rigondeaux at all.

study long study wrong.

James Dickens really doesn't move his head he is more of a Praying defensive type fighter like Winky wright. He holds his gloves to his head to block punches rather then slip them. I would just jump on him and go to his body with hard body punches to score points and bring his hands down Jump on him like Roy Jones did to James Toney. Why Rigondeaux is waiting i don't no. He cant do that with Loma because even if both guys are not doing nothing Loma will still get the round hes the Champ. Even if Rigondeaux lands the harder punches but both land close to the same amount.

This is not a walk in the park for Loma, or Rigondeaux, Not even close.

This is a pick-em fight at best, nobody is beating anyone easy in this fight, Book it. This is going back and forth and will be a hard fight to score. Might even turn out a Draw and us fighting over who really won by 1 or 2 rounds.

These guys are gonna study the hell out of each other for 5 rounds then someone will be the aggressor and start to pressure the other. Then it will be back and forth.

These guys have to much Amateur and Olympic boxing experience for one to beat the other easy.

Nice write up Tekkennlee!

I just think about how people call Rigo a "glorified 1-2" fighter, or that he only has the left. He has a right from hell too, when he shows us it.

Some fighters never panic in a fight, they game planned to pace themselves, and set traps, and are peaking as a 12 round fighter on fight night. They don't show all their cards in the early goings, and they pace themselves, and try and give their opponent a false sense of confidence. Rigo has been hiding his cards to get fights signed his whole professional career I believe, not just across any given performance. I cite the textbook and perfectly effective use of his right when applied which he barely uses as my proof. Dude holds back some to look slightly more vulnerable to get names in the ring. I think he's gonna be the better boxer during the exchanges, but not the busier or harder punching, necessarily.

Whether or not he can win given the skill level Loma possesses and the physical advantages he will have on fight night remains to be seen. But, like I said, not betting against Rigo. I always take the defensive guy in these situations, pretty sure there's not a better defensive guy to name in the current landscape either.

nothing would make me happier than rigo stopping loma, if the cunts not fighting tijuana cab drivers hes fighting people that fight two divisions below him - the one time he's fought a top 5 guy he lost, its a fucking joke that hes being talked about as if hes the best fighter in the world

war rigo

nothing would make me happier than rigo stopping loma, if the cunts not fighting tijuana cab drivers hes fighting people that fight two divisions below him - the one time he's fought a top 5 guy he lost, its a fucking joke that hes being talked about as if hes the best fighter in the world

war rigo

That's bullshit. Walters was neither a cab driver nor two weight classes below him. Same with Gary Russel Jr.

This will be the greatest chess match in decades.
Boxing trainers will orgasm watching.

war rigo

Martinez was ranked by The RING at #5. Salido was ranked ahead of him when he shouldn't have been as well. http://web.archive.org/web/20160515213747/http://ringtv.craveonline.com:80/ratings/jr-lightweight

You know where the door is. Let yourself out.

Dont act like Vasyl Lomachenko don't have wholes in his game and doesn't have bad habits and isn't predictable in his defense and offense.

Because he does and he is.

They both have wholes in their game.

Vasyl Lomachenko dipping to his right to slip punches all the time will be a part of his demise cause Guilllermo Rigondeaux is going to take advantage of this bad habit till Vasly stops doing it. If he cant Vasly will get stopped or lose the fight because he does this to much and that feint or jab to make him dip to his right and the strait left or left hand after the jab is gonna bust him up and maybe put him down. Rigondeaux is working on this stuff all day and will take advantage of that mistake if Loma doesn't work on it.

Dipping to his right to slip punches "all the time"? That film study you embedded was a single round, round 2 of the Russell fight. As the film shows he was slipping punches and dipping to the inside and to the outside, not just to the inside. Who is acting like Loma doesn't have tendencies? All fighters have them. There's also no such thing as a perfect fighter, Dale (Earnhardt fan?).

In that film study the analyst said he was looking to probe and bait Russell, something that he always does in the early rounds to study his opponent and gauge their reaction time and their punch selection from both sides. Yet, you disagree but still post his video? Right. Loma was consciously aware of that "mistake" and as a result Russell couldn't make him pay for it with his power hand believing that he had a shot lined up after Loma dipped inside. Russell landed two clean punches in that round of the film study you posted. He's the opposite of easy to read and your video did nothing but compliment him, in fact. The analyst called him "The Einstein of boxing" in the comments under that video and talked about how unpredictable he is further into the video (again, it was only a single round of the fight). Maybe you should watch the videos that you embed before posting them?

Russell throws a three punch combo against an allegedly predictable Lomachenko using that dip to the right inside.

“As you see in this exchange, he slips the 1 and the 2 at the same time! So, Guillermo Rigondeaux is gonna need that third punch in order to land cleanly against Lomachenko.”

Except that third punch didn't land clean (the right hook), it was glancing.

[Timestamped]

There went your predictable via inside slip against southpaws theory. What Bill Demas said about you is quite accurate.
v75dn6.png

Last edited:
No, I doubt it'll be fixed. I just don't think it'll be a great fight.

Why do I get the feeling that if it does turn out to be lackluster fight you'll be the only one celebrating?

i was thinking about this, if lomachenko tries to overwhelm rigo with volume and ends up missing a bunch of punches and getting cracked for his troubles, he could become less active. and if he's inactive and keeping his hands home more, we could get a really boring fight. rigo isn't exactly the kind of guy who goes for the kill.

if lomachenko brings it, it's an incredible fight. if he doesn't, it's a staring contest.

this depresses me.

Why do I get the feeling that if it does turn out to be lackluster fight you'll be the only one celebrating?

Some people fucking live for that "I told you so" moment.

Personally I prefer great fights no matter what I think about any specific fighter.

Dipping to his right to slip punches "all the time"? That film study you embedded was a single round, round 2 of the Russell fight. As the film shows he was slipping punches and dipping to the inside and to the outside, not just to the inside. Who is acting like Loma doesn't have tendencies? All fighters have them. There's also no such thing as a perfect fighter, Dale (Earnhardt fan?).

In that film study the analyst said he was looking to probe and bait Russell, something that he always does in the early rounds to study his opponent and gauge their reaction time and their punch selection from both sides. Yet, you disagree but still post his video? Right. Loma was consciously aware of that "mistake" and as a result Russell couldn't make him pay for it with his power hand believing that he had a shot lined up after Loma dipped inside. Russell landed two clean punches in that round of the film study you posted. He's the opposite of easy to read and your video did nothing but compliment him, in fact. The analyst called him "The Einstein of boxing" in the comments under that video and talked about how unpredictable he is further into the video (again, it was only a single round of the fight). Maybe you should watch the videos that you embed before posting them?

Russell throws a three punch combo against an allegedly predictable Lomachenko using that dip to the right inside.

“As you see in this exchange, he slips the 1 and the 2 at the same time! So, Guillermo Rigondeaux is gonna need that third punch in order to land cleanly against Lomachenko.”

Except that third punch didn't land clean (the right hook), it was glancing.

[Timestamped]

There went your predictable via inside slip against southpaws theory. What Bill Demas said about you is quite accurate.
v75dn6.png

I posted his video to show he dips to the right to slip punches, and he does do this and he did this in the Salido fight 2. That's one of Lomas bad habits and he doesn't like body punches and pressure fighters that go to his body watch the Salido fight. But if you try to out think him not just letting your hands go he will beat you because he's smarter.

But Russell didn't just let his hands go he showed Loma to much respect because of the hype. When he let his hands go he was giving Loma trouble

Salido let his hands go and got the win by pressuring Loma going to his body and keeping him off balance. But he got away with some Low blows, take those anyway and he still wins the fight.

Because Salido out fought him made him fight took his legs away and Loma's corner didn't no what to do. He didn't give him respect didn't let Loma think.

Lomachenko, for his part, stated he felt the decision was "fair" and accepted blame for not following through
with his corner's game plan, promising to learn from the experience and come back stronger.
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/10539265/orlando-salido-defeats-vasyl-lomachenko-12-rounds

Lomachenko: Salido Decision Was Fair, I Blame Myself
http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko-salido-decision-fair-i-blame-myself--75331

He didn't like when Salido attacked him and if Rigondoaux pressures him and goes to his body and keeps
him off balance he will win this fight to Book it.

Loma still dipping his head to the right.

Loma can't reset his offense if you pressure him and make him fight on the inside. He needs to take a step back and reset his offense.

When you try to out box him and don't just let your hands go hes happy and looks great.
Loma is still dipping to his right slipping punches .

Loma dipping his head to his right like this guy and Rigongoaux being aggressive with smart pressure body punches.

Loma's going down and will lose the fight. But if Rigondoaux doesn't let his hands go and is to gun shy and gives Loma to much respect Rigondoaux will lose a close decision on the score cards.

Book it***

If Loma makes this mistake throwing a upper-cut from the out-side a big no no like Buster Douglas tride against Evander H. Loma will see what the cavas taste like in this fight.

Book it****

Worst thing you could do fighting Loma is to not pressure him or go to his body and not let your hands go, watching and just waiting for him to make a mistake or waiting on him to open up on you, just to counter punch him.

Chávez walks right threw Loma like hes nothing, Book it.

The man is not that good, but he is good and he doesn't hit that Hard.

Study long study wrong, lose the fight because you fell for the hype.

Both fighters are very skilled and the problem with that is sometimes it can make the fight boring especially to casual fans. I have a feeling Rigo may win a close chess match followed by a bunch of salty boxing fans crying everywhere like they did when Floyd beat Pacquiao.

Back