Loma vs. Rigo Dec. 9, Madison Square Garden theatre (sold out)

Just because some fighters don't no what to do when you turn them by stepping over like Loma like's to do all the time doesn't mean other fighters can't counter it .

Just because some fighters don't no what to do when you turn them by stepping over like Loma like's to do all the time doesn't mean other fighters can't counter it .

He won't be doing that with Rigo because both are southpaws and it'll be a closed stance fight. Being the great analyst you are you already knew this. He won't be stepping over anything unless he switches or shifts/steps through and turns the corner. Even then, Rigo has too much foot speed to allow that to happen and he won't just cover up and allow him to do it.

Both fighters are very skilled and the problem with that is sometimes it can make the fight boring especially to casual fans. I have a feeling Rigo may win a close chess match followed by a bunch of salty boxing fans crying everywhere like they did when Floyd beat Pacquiao.

Chávez never showed his opponents respect in the ring he put pressure on them cutting off the ring going to the body untill he broke them

Once you show respect or to much, and you don't let your hands go to see how good they are. Can they counter you and take the pressure body shots and make you out fight them or out think you using skill.

You will lose because you showed to much respect didn't let your hands go.

Then if they still beat you like this man did to Chavez, nothing you can do but give the man his respect.

But Lomachenko didn't do that to Salido, when Salido put pressure on him like Chavez did to Pernell.

So hes not that good or on that Level of greatness.

But is still good and a Champion but Rigondoaux is good to and a Champion.

Close fight no walk in the park for neither fighter, because Loma could of learnd and got better with the loss to Salido.

If that's cut off, Rigo said
These people think all I do all day is twit. I WONT STAND THERE FOR ME TO GET HIT. And unlike Walter I won’t quit and I will hit back.

Worst thing you could do fighting Loma is to not pressure him or go to his body and not let your hands go, watching and just waiting for him to make a mistake or waiting on him to open up on you, just to counter punch him.

Chávez walks right threw Loma like hes nothing, Book it.

The man is not that good, but he is good and he doesn't hit that Hard.

Study long study wrong, lose the fight because you fell for the hype.

Using the Salido fight as an example of how to shut down Lomachenko is asinine because Salido landed over 100 low blows so that isn't your 'normal' attack to the body situation. Lomachenko couldn't do anything because there is no way to defend 'body' shots that low. You could see him trying in the fight trying to swipe the low blows away from his nuts but that is a lot harder to defend then a normal body shot which you can pick off with the elbows.

Simply put Lomachenko's failing was that he had no way open to him being a respectful man of honour type amateur fighter to counter the low blows. He should have either complained a lot to the ref and/or thrown low blows back. But there simply is not an effective defence to low blows other than shucking back the hips which he did do but you can't throw punches back from that position. This is why his output was so low. Normal body shots you can block and counter, illegal low blows you can't. No one can.

He has learned though and now he complains to the ref when he needs to and also throws low blows back. If they fought again it would be a very different fight if Salido were to try the low blow approach again.

Using the Salido fight as an example of how to shut down Lomachenko is asinine because Salido landed over 100 low blows so that isn't your 'normal' attack to the body situation. Lomachenko couldn't do anything because there is no way to defend 'body' shots that low. You could see him trying in the fight trying to swipe the low blows away from his nuts but that is a lot harder to defend then a normal body shot which you can pick off with the elbows.

Simply put Lomachenko's failing was that he had no way open to him being a respectful man of honour type amateur fighter to counter the low blows. He should have either complained a lot to the ref and/or thrown low blows back. But there simply is not an effective defence to low blows other than shucking back the hips which he did do but you can't throw punches back from that position. This is why his output was so low. Normal body shots you can block and counter, illegal low blows you can't. No one can.

He has learned though and now he complains to the ref when he needs to and also throws low blows back. If they fought again it would be a very different fight if Salido were to try the low blow approach again.

Loma wasn't just bending over just because of low blows it was body shots and pressure, so stop lying to yourself to try to justify him looking bad and losing.

I remember Floyd Mayweather getting hit low by Maidana and nobody said a dam thing they actually said don't cry about it to the Mayweather fans.

Mayweather still won the fight.

marcos-maidana-punched-floyd-mayweather-in-the-nuts-a.gif

Knee in the peanuts
MAY9.gif

Mayweather even got bit.
JealousCarefreeCottonmouth.gif

I remember Frankie Randle getting hit with low blows against Chavez Sr. and it didn't keep him from losing the fight he didn't make any excuse. But I remember Chavez did complaine about low blows he threw LOL and was mad he got caught and a point taken LOL.

Frankie Randall still won the fight.

Van Dam still won vs Bolo and he got blinded.

giphy.gif

raw

He even gets hit in the back still blind by Bolo.
GaseousIncompleteArctichare.gif

But still wins
tumblr_m1dtg1tFhN1r0pdc7o1_500.gif

Even Spartacus made it Rain
tumblr_n52i86DoJV1qcr1n3o4_250.gif

What was Lomachenko's problem? He still couldn't win with his unbeatable boxing skill?

Lomachenko still dipping to his right got caught that time guys, Salido let his hands go that's why he landed. But I don't no Shiznick about boxing i am clueless.
shot.gif

I was not pointing out the loss i was showing everyone that Loma dosen't like pressure fighters that attack his body and doesn't let him reset his offense and dips his head to the right to slip punches and people instead of focusing on that, they are talking about low blows. But if it happens to someone else they tell them to man up and fight threw it or hit them back or complain. Hmmmmmmmmm******

The double standard in this sport that the fans have is crazy.

Oh and Salido , Maidana, Chavez and Bolo all should of been disqualified by the Ref.

Dam Spartacus you make it Rain.

Last edited:
Loma wasn't just bending over because of low blows it was body shots and pressure, so stop lying to yourself to try to justify him looking bad and losing.

I remember Floyd Mayweather getting hit low by Maidana and nobody said a dam thing they actually said don't cry about it to the Mayweather fans.

What was Lomachenko's problem? He still couldn't win with his unbeatable boxing skill?

Lomachenko still dipping to his right got caught that time guys, Solido let his hands go that's why he landed. But I don't no Shiznick about boxing i am clueless.
shot.gif

I was not pointing out the loss i was showing everyone that Loma dosen't like pressure fighters that attack his body and doesn't let him reset his offense and dips his head to the right to slip punches and people instead of focusing on that, they are talking about low blows. But if it happens to someone else they tell them to man up and fight threw it or hit them back or complain. Hmmmmmmmmm******

The double standard in this sport that the fans have is crazy.

Your point isn't credible when you try and compare what Maidana did vs Salido. Salido landed over 100 low blows, no comparison. And if you don't think that changed the complexion and outcome of the fight then you are delusional. You can't talk about him not coping well with being caught with body shots without acknowledging that a large and significant amount of them were low. As I pointed out low blows are really hard to defend against with your normal tucking of the elbows technique. You can't just ignore that fact because it doesn't suit your argument. You could actually be on to something about him not handling pressure fighters who go to the body but you can't use this fight alone as an example of that because it's so tainted by the really high number of low blows.

And this dipping his head to the right business that you keep going on about as though that is all he does. I just watched the Russell fight and he slips plenty to the left as well. Maybe you aren't realising it but the dip to the right that he does is a lot of the time is to draw a reaction from his opponent while remaining in a pretty safe position. If his opponent doesn't react then he knows he can launch attacks from that position unopposed. If they do react then he adjusts and responds appropriately. That shot that Salido landed, the uppercut, was a good one but if you have watched much Lomachenko then you'll know how rare they get landed on him. The only boxer who gets hit less than Lomachenko currently active is Rigondeaux so he must be doing something right especially since he is primarily an offensive fighter.

Your point isn't credible when you try and compare what Maidana did vs Salido. Salido landed over 100 low blows, no comparison. And if you don't think that changed the complexion and outcome of the fight then you are delusional. You can't talk about him not coping well with being caught with body shots without acknowledging that a large and significant amount of them were low. As I pointed out low blows are really hard to defend against with your normal tucking of the elbows technique. You can't just ignore that fact because it doesn't suit your argument. You could actually be on to something about him not handling pressure fighters who go to the body but you can't use this fight alone as an example of that because it's so tainted by the really high number of low blows.

And this dipping his head to the right business that you keep going on about as though that is all he does. I just watched the Russell fight and he slips plenty to the left as well. Maybe you aren't realising it but the dip to the right that he does is a lot of the time is to draw a reaction from his opponent while remaining in a pretty safe position. If his opponent doesn't react then he knows he can launch attacks from that position unopposed. If they do react then he adjusts and responds appropriately. That shot that Salido landed, the uppercut, was a good one but if you have watched much Lomachenko then you'll know how rare they get landed on him. The only boxer who gets hit less than Lomachenko currently active is Rigondeaux so he must be doing something right especially since he is primarily an offensive fighter.

We will just Bump this thread when Lomachenko gets dropped by Rigondeaux with a Left hand after he feints him with the jab and Loma dips to his right to try to slip the punches and gets caught over and over and over again.

Book it.

We will just Bump this thread when Lomachenko gets dropped by Rigondeaux with a Left hand after he feints him with the jab and Loma dips to his right to try to slip the punches and gets caught over and over and over again.

Book it.

Have you ever boxed? What do you think the purpose of a slip line is? You slip in both directions when working under it, you don't just slip to the outside because you'll become predictable. I would set you up if you did that, establish a pattern of throwing jabs and when you planned to slip outside of my jab again after you'd already done it several times I'll throw a quick, deceptive hook and you'll slip right into it. Slipping/dipping to the inside will always be dangerous because it puts your head and/or body more on the center line of your opponent and in the path of their power hand (back hand) but slipping outside constantly can also be dangerous because you can become predictable and pay for it.

The analyst in the video you posted specifically said that Lomachenko does it to probe but you're calling it a bad habit. It's a tactic that he's consciously aware of because he's doing it for the purpose of feeling out his opponent to study them, probing and re-probing. He isn't doing it without realizing he's doing it. Big difference. He also keeps his hands up in the Russell fight when he does it and showed that he can easily slip the punches thrown with the back hand, as he did to Russell. He slipped his 1-2 combination easily and looked to counter off of it.

Last edited:
@tekkennlee now these are bad habits. All I had to do was do a Google Image search for Floyd's name. Does it mean that Floyd's defense was bad? No. It does mean that he often wasn't defensibly responsible when he opened up. Tell me the things that he's obviously doing wrong in these photos.

mayweather-boxing-tricks.jpg

130514173932-floyd-mayweather-interview-single-image-cut.jpg

Ricky+Hatton+Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+World+Welterweight+ZdXnJHQZX0Ul.jpg

Conor-McGregor-Floyd-Mayweather-1.png

conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-punch-1056445.jpg

839713264.0.jpg

punch%20landed.jpg

Rigo via late tko due to injury (fractured facial features) or UD. Rigo bandwagon ride to the end

Book it.
I'll definitely bump it but not for that reason because that isn't going to happen.

If Rigo pulls this off, this has to be entered in as one of the most significant wins in boxing, ever.

Top 25.

Only match vs two 2-time Olympic Gold Medallists. Especially considering that they're both now seasoned pros and still undefeated.
No former amateur standouts fighting each other four fights into their pro career or after some losses.

Yin and Yang opposing styles with immense industry credibility as to being the absolute best at their styles.

And most importantly, probably the only time a top p4p fighter is moving two whole divisions up to fight another p4p fighter (should be three divisions as Rigo is actually a 118lb fighter)

All whilst being the older fighter !

<Goldie11>

Ok ladies and gentlemen...

Odds are out.

Rigo is +375

Making him almost a 4-1 underdog..

I think that's a bit too much...

I have Loma winning
..but I don't agree with the odds

I would never bet against Rigo, especially with those kind of odds. I can see why Lomanchenko is the favorite, but those sound like HBO hype odds.

I hope these people who are confident in Rigondeaux are putting money down on him at these odds. If you really believe he can pull off the win then you can win big.

I was pulling for Rigo but a certain poster here now has me rooting against all cubans for life.

Back