Loma vs. Rigo Dec. 9, Madison Square Garden theatre (sold out)

Skillwise this is up there as one of the best fights we could hope for.

damn rigo is looking good and we are still more than a month out. actually making me doubt the negative vides i initially had. Rigo via late TKO Loma retires late due to a fractured eye socket or jaw

i was thinking about this, if lomachenko tries to overwhelm rigo with volume and ends up missing a bunch of punches and getting cracked for his troubles, he could become less active. and if he's inactive and keeping his hands home more, we could get a really boring fight. rigo isn't exactly the kind of guy who goes for the kill.

if lomachenko brings it, it's an incredible fight. if he doesn't, it's a staring contest.

this depresses me.
well i think Loma volume is related to his ability to control angles with his footwork and when his opponents can't keep up with his angles and stop trying to fight him so hard on that front loma can just patty cake em.
rigo is a different monster so its going to be a different fight from Loma's recent which is the exciting prospect of this fight for me. will we see the best of two P4P masters face off, and if so who will win.

I think the better man on the night will be Lomachenko

You can never count Rigo out, but I think Loma has got his number

Everything favours Lomachenko in this fight.

I don't see how Rigondeaux can win this.

Lomachenko is too good.

Everything favours Lomachenko in this fight.

I don't see how Rigondeaux can win this.

Lomachenko is too good.

The greatest fighters throughout history all won fights that on paper they should have lost.

This is Rigo's chance to finally win that type of fight.

For Loma it would be the best win on his resume by far but he should win.

Rigo is the one reaching for greatness here without a doubt.

Loma confirms Rigo to take a dive prior to their fight. That or this cryptic tweet means that Sergio's Rigo's code was cracked by Papa Chenko. Food for thought.

Loma confirms Rigo to take a dive prior to their fight. That or this cryptic tweet means that Sergio's Rigo's code was cracked by Papa Chenko. Food for thought.

Fix confirmed. I'm going to ignore the result of the fight now.

I feel this board is going to be a pretty exciting place come fight week.
Really a tough fight but I think Rigo shines in this one.

The greatest fighters throughout history all won fights that on paper they should have lost.

This is Rigo's chance to finally win that type of fight.

For Loma it would be the best win on his resume by far but he should win.

Rigo is the one reaching for greatness here without a doubt.

In fairness, Rigo was a notable underdog against Donaire (I know because I made nice money on that fight). We're asking a 37 year old Rigo who is effectively the size of a guy like Chocolatito or Cuadras on fight night (and we're talking about the light classes where 30 is a warning sign that a might just fall off the edge of the earth) to beat Lomachenko, a guy as talented as anyone in boxing and regularly around 15 pounds heavier than him on fight, in order to really cross the threshold of greatness? That's a sizable ask. If he wins this fight, he's shooting way far up the ATG rankings despite his considerable lack of quantity.

In fairness, Rigo was a notable underdog against Donaire (I know because I made nice money on that fight). We're asking a 37 year old Rigo who is effectively the size of a guy like Chocolatito or Cuadras on fight night (and we're talking about the light classes where 30 is a warning sign that a might just fall off the edge of the earth) to beat Lomachenko, a guy as talented as anyone in boxing and regularly around 15 pounds heavier than him on fight, in order to really cross the threshold of greatness? That's a sizable ask. If he wins this fight, he's shooting way far up the ATG rankings despite his considerable lack of quantity.
If Rigo wins whats his next move?
Rematch or retirement?

If Rigo wins whats his next move?
Rematch or retirement?

I kind of doubt he wins, but I wouldn't be shocked with a retirement. At the same time, and I'm only going off of what I've heard about Rigo, he might want another payday even if he's putting himself in another shitty situation. There are guys on this forum who have a much better idea of Rigo and his team than I do, though.

I kind of doubt he wins, but I wouldn't be shocked with a retirement. At the same time, and I'm only going off of what I've heard about Rigo, he might want another payday even if he's putting himself in another shitty situation. There are guys on this forum who have a much better idea of Rigo and his team than I do, though.
Oh I know.

But I think he pulls it out though. Loma will have a tougher time getting use to Rigo than the other way around.

Oh I know.

But I think he pulls it out though. Loma will have a tougher time getting use to Rigo than the other way around.

I mean, I don't think anyone has ever really got used to boxing Rigo when he's on point, but the same does go for Lomachenko to a similar extent. If nothing else, the style clash might dictate that he'll have success. Lomachenko is a boxer at heart and he's not wholly comfortable with swarming and definitely not comfortable about fighting on the inside. Eliminate pressure in the pocket and on the inside (which isn't inconceivable) and Rigo is very tough to beat. Still, it's a big mountain to climb.

Back