Loma would need to be vvverry careful against Gervonta Davis

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If that seriously is the comeback fight, than.........

Be careful Loma. This little man Davis is a bad motherfucker when he comes in focused and ready which he most certainty would in this fight.

Now I am not saying Davis would win. But its a very rough fight. Hope it happens as it would be a pleasure to watch

Loma via embarrassing him within 9 rounds.

Davis does look quite good and certainly has faster hands, especially with that left hand. Loma has dealt with speed though. I think Loma would outclass him

davis by late round ko...lomachenko is overrated on so mamy levels. he showed against grj, salido and linares he's not ready for davis yet...and never will be.

davis by late round ko...lomachenko is overrated on so mamy levels. he showed against grj, salido and linares he's not ready for davis yet...and never will be.
Account bet when they fight?

Davis is sharp when he's focused, would be a good fight I believe. I favor Loma a bit here, but Davis should be considered a danger here with his power.

I think Davis has a lot of talent, but I'm very skeptical about him being anywhere near ready for Lomachenko just yet.

Davis is green and shouldn't be thrown in just yet.

what do i gain if i win?
Youll be free to troll the forums without me telling you to fuck off or banning you.

Not much to say youll last until then though given your current state.

Youll be free to troll the forums without me telling you to fuck off or banning you.

Not much to say youll last until then though given your current state.
nah...i want to be the moderator...put that up and we have a bet.

and i think you need to explain why it is that just becaue i don't agree with your stupid opinions, I'M the troll..

I think Davis has a lot of talent, but I'm very skeptical about him being anywhere near ready for Lomachenko just yet.

I have a hard time picturing Davis keeping enough focus over 12 rounds to figure out Loma while getting stung repeatedly.

Also, the kid doesn't have the size advantage that can bother Loma at 135.

He'll have to keep improving and wait for Loma to slow down a bit.

Account bet when they fight?
let's bet...i bet on davis to beat loma...if i win, i become the moderator and you make all the arrangements for me to take over. if you win, you never hear from me ever again....

deal?

I have a hard time picturing Davis keeping enough focus over 12 rounds to figure out Loma while getting stung repeatedly.

Also, the kid doesn't have the size advantage that can bother Loma at 135.

He'll have to keep improving and wait for Loma to slow down a bit.
loma got hit repeatedly by linares starting in rd 2...and linares don't have power like davis. davis is quicker and more explosive than linares and certainly more explosive than loma...davis is not as big as linares, but he's a better and a more complete fighter. he's also young...and with youth on your side you can go on and on like too short.

not to say loma won't give davis trouble early...loma's defense and speed will be a puzzle to solve..but if you notice, linares jab and right cross and left hook to the body landed with a lotta frequency against loma...and what happened? loma started to slow down... watch how loma's footwork and movement really started to slow going into the later rounds against linares and allowed linares to land 4 and 5 punch combos...in fact, that was when it looked like linares was going in for the kill...and it seemed he did, but at the same time, linares left himself open. but the point is loma was starting to fade... that's when davis with YOUTH on his side, has his best shot and taking loma out.

In 9 years, maybe

Gervonta has speed but not the solid skills foundation to utilize it effectively.
I've watched several of his fights and he's always kinda good and extra flashy but more disappointing than good.
He has very little concept of efficiency or strategy. He struggles against opponents who have maybe 1/4 of his talent

It anything, the title of this thread should be switched around. Loma already fights very measured, Davis is not known for that.

Last edited:
In 9 years, maybe

Gervonta has speed but not the solid skills foundation to utilize it effectively.
I've watched several of his fights and he's always kinda good and extra flashy but more disappointing than good.
He has very little concept of efficiency or strategy. He struggles against opponents who have maybe 1/4 of his talent

It anything, the title of this thread should be switched around. Loma already fights very measured, Davis is not known for that.

Agreed. All shoulders put aside, Linares had some success against Loma because he can stick to a gameplan and his experience made him able to time Loma and figure out his moves. Also, he had a reach advantage. Speed and explosiveness won't bother Loma, as he has plenty of his own. Timing and size advantage will. Garcia has a way better shot than Tank.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he starched Loma, he has the power and the hand speed.

But I wouldn't bet money on it.

Back