Loma would need to be vvverry careful against Gervonta Davis

I favor Garcia over Lomachenko. I think Davis vs Lomachenko is just an interesting fight.
Mikey is a legit threat and that will be the biggest test for him.

I agree its interesting, moreso pointing that to those giving him a good shot of winning.

Not to get into this, but yes, they did.
you can get into it if you want to, they didn't.

Bob Bennett (who worked for the FBI before assuming his present position as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) has this to say: “The TUE for Mayweather’s IV - and the IV was administered at Floyd’s house, not in a medical facility, and wasn’t brought to our attention at the time - was totally unacceptable. I’ve made it clear to Travis Tygart that this should not happen again. We have the sole authority to grant any and all TUEs in the state of Nevada. USADA is a drug-testing agency. USADA should not be granting waivers and exemptions. Not in this state. We are less than pleased that USADA acted the way it did.”

you can get into it if you want to, they didn't.

Bob Bennett (who worked for the FBI before assuming his present position as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) has this to say: “The TUE for Mayweather’s IV - and the IV was administered at Floyd’s house, not in a medical facility, and wasn’t brought to our attention at the time - was totally unacceptable. I’ve made it clear to Travis Tygart that this should not happen again. We have the sole authority to grant any and all TUEs in the state of Nevada. USADA is a drug-testing agency. USADA should not be granting waivers and exemptions. Not in this state. We are less than pleased that USADA acted the way it did.”

IVs were not illegal under NSAC jurisdiction and this was Bennett throwing a fit because he thought USADA were stepping on the toes of the NSAC. The TUE applied only to the voluntary testing program that USADA was undertaking (which was in line with WADA code which does prohibit IV use unless given a TUE). There would be no reason for the NSAC to oversee whether a TUE was legitimate or not for something which they allowed.

If people think that USADA is wholly corrupt and that Mayweather was getting a free pass, then I guess that's there position, but that's a pretty big claim that requires some legitimate evidence.

<{Joewithit}>

You're proving my point.
What querying why someone can be a fan of Mayweather and not take into account all the dodgy/tedious stuff he's been up to and then ask why they seem to have a deep dislike for someone like Loma who hasn't done anything wrong? Yeah I sure am proving your point, not.

What querying why someone can be a fan of Mayweather and not take into account all the dodgy/tedious stuff he's been up to and then ask why they seem to have a deep dislike for someone like Loma who hasn't done anything wrong? Yeah I sure am proving your point, not.
I've said it a million times, I don't care what fighters do outside the ring, other than the most extreme cases like Adonis Stevenson. That dude is a dirtbag.

I've never claimed Floyd wasn't in a stinker, I've never celebrated his lifestyle either. Your criticism is misdirected. I only watch boxing for boxing. Not for role models.

I've said it a million times, I don't care what fighters do outside the ring, other than the most extreme cases like Adonis Stevenson. That dude is a dirtbag.

I've never claimed Floyd wasn't in a stinker, I've never celebrated his lifestyle either. Your criticism is misdirected. I only watch boxing for boxing. Not for role models.
never heard what adonis stevenson did. please elaborate.

But but every athlete is meant to be a role model nowadays.

IVs were not illegal under NSAC jurisdiction and this was Bennett throwing a fit because he thought USADA were stepping on the toes of the NSAC. The TUE applied only to the voluntary testing program that USADA was undertaking (which was in line with WADA code which does prohibit IV use unless given a TUE). There would be no reason for the NSAC to oversee whether a TUE was legitimate or not for something which they allowed.

If people think that USADA is wholly corrupt and that Mayweather was getting a free pass, then I guess that's there position, but that's a pretty big claim that requires some legitimate evidence.
yeah, i read their response as well, and it doesn't make any sense. USADA is a testing agency. their job is to test, according to the rules agreed to by both parties, and report their test results to the commission. they don't get to decide whether or not someone is exempt, that immediately puts them in a conflicting position. it's like saying NSAC doesn't do out of competition testing, so any positive out of competition test can be disregarded by USADA if they deem it exempt from the rules. it's retarded, and goes against the most basic principles of anti-doping testing.

i have no evidence that USADA is wholly corrupt, but there is glaring evidence that some of their practices are shady as fuck. considering their lack of transparency regarding tests, i have absolutely no reason to trust them.

besides, their story regarding mayweather was that he was severely dehydrated and needed the IV. he weighed in at 146. the most he'd ever weighed in at was 150 vs alvarez, and the fight was signed at 152. to believe he was severely dehydrated for a welterweight fight is extremely naive.

Other than a well timed counter on a cocky Loma...I really don't see hiw tank can win. He's fast but Loma is used to high speed fighters.

I won't count Tank out but he really hasn't shown anything to be on Loma's level. He's still really good tho. Maybe in a few years.

So you're never inspired by a boxer? That's a shame but glad you enjoy the boxing. I won't rag on at you as you know already what I'm going to say.

yeah, i read their response as well, and it doesn't make any sense. USADA is a testing agency. their job is to test, according to the rules agreed to by both parties, and report their test results to the commission. they don't get to decide whether or not someone is exempt, that immediately puts them in a conflicting position. it's like saying NSAC doesn't do out of competition testing, so any positive out of competition test can be disregarded by USADA if they deem it exempt from the rules. it's retarded, and goes against the most basic principles of anti-doping testing.

i have no evidence that USADA is wholly corrupt, but there is glaring evidence that some of their practices are shady as fuck. considering their lack of transparency regarding tests, i have absolutely no reason to trust them.

besides, their story regarding mayweather was that he was severely dehydrated and needed the IV. he weighed in at 146. the most he'd ever weighed in at was 150 vs alvarez, and the fight was signed at 152. to believe he was severely dehydrated for a welterweight fight is extremely naive.

USADA is a third party testing agency that doesn't adhere to any state rules so they do not have to report to state athletic commissions even though they regularly do.

and yes, any positive out of competition testing CAN be disregarded by USADA if they find reason to do so. It's not retarded, they have more stringent testing rules and punishments than NSAC and they do far more detailed testing other than pre and post fight urine test.

They gave Mayweather a TUE, and they could've immediately reported it to NSAC but they couldn't have done anything since NSAC didn't have any rules in place that prohibited IV use at the time.

It's pretty obvious that Mayweather was up to something by getting the IV more than just innocent hydrating and then to sanction the exemption weeks later was just ridiculous and makes the USADA look corrupt in my eyes.

Back