Lomachenko doesn’t want Mikey Garcia fight in December

Thats good. We knew Mikey wasnt interested in fighting him either.

smart. He'll take the easier, safer fight in Beltran then aim for the final boss

Lol guys he just came off surgery cut him some slack

Here's the original source. @2:45 his manager reveals that he'll be sidelined and unable to train for at least 4 months while he's doing rehab for his shoulder. @6:40 he's asked about Mikey and rules him out for his comeback given the circumstances (assuming he's even able to make it back in December). Mikey said last month that he'd love to fight him in the "near future". We'll likely be getting Garcia-Easter Jr. this summer and then Lomachenko-Beltran in December at the earliest. Assuming they both win their unification fights then they can meet for a lineal & undisputed title fight at some point next year.

Linares? Is that the guy he want up to in weight, KO'd him with one good arm? That Linares?

He won comfortably but it wasn't as easy as his previous opponents. He didn't injure himself that badly against the smaller guys. 135 is his ceiling I think. Linares has never been known for his durability and went close with Luke Campbell not too long ago. Not to mention going life and death with Kevin Mitchell of all people. Garcia is no Linares. His right hand is accurate and will leave Loma in serious trouble on the canvas if it lands. He also has a pretty good jab and will have 10 pounds on Loma come fight night. Obviously Loma has the skills advantage but at some point that gets negated by size. Spence would walk through Loma for example. He can't come into the Garcia fight unless he is sure he is 100%.

He won comfortably but it wasn't as easy as his previous opponents. He didn't injure himself that badly against the smaller guys. 135 is his ceiling I think. Linares has never been known for his durability and went close with Luke Campbell not too long ago. Not to mention going life and death with Kevin Mitchell of all people. Garcia is no Linares. His right hand is accurate and will leave Loma in serious trouble on the canvas if it lands. He also has a pretty good jab and will have 10 pounds on Loma come fight night. Obviously Loma has the skills advantage but at some point that gets negated by size. Spence would walk through Loma for example. He can't come into the Garcia fight unless he is sure he is 100%.
So you're saying it'll be harder for Loma to fight bigger men? That's bold.

Really? The same Spence that is 2 weight classes above Loma(whose only had 1 fight at 135) and will eventually fight at 154? you don't say. Then if we are talking that way Spence should jump up 2 weight classes and face GGG right now.

That's for the best. No one wants to see these two face off when one guy is going to be at a disadvantage, especially if it's going to be on PPV. Let his shoulder heal and then let's see them fight when they're both as close to 100% as they can be.

Both guys at their best, at LW......it would be a great fight. Mikey is just a bigger guy, so that would be a huge disadvantage for Lomachenko.

Typical of someone who just wants to criticise Lomachenko at any opportunity they get. FFS the guy has just had shoulder surgery and will be out of training for months, and you want to criticise him for not chasing a fight against the most dangerous guy in his division?! C'mon

Just after injury not at all, why people get wrong impression I don't know. It wouldn't be smart at all to fight Mickey right away after injury.

He doesn't want to move up two weight classes in two fights? He doesn't want to fight his best remaining challenger in his first fight at a higher weight coming off a shoulder surgery?!

Soft af

Both guys at their best, at LW......it would be a great fight. Mikey is just a bigger guy, so that would be a huge disadvantage for Lomachenko.

Yeah, I still think loma can win but I favour Garcia after the Linares fight. Size matters. I think Garcia would wipe Linares out within 6 rounds.

Back