Lomachenko tells Floyd to step aside, calls Davis Out

Loma would make Tank quit IMO.

But, i think its cheap to call out an ex-champion who is young and stupid and doesn't have his shit together and who everyone knows isn't in your league. There is no belt to be gained, but Loma knows Davis isn't ready for him. I'd like to hear him go after Mikey or Linares or Easter like this. He's not even talking shit to Berchelt.

To say that a champion is not ready for someone seems like a statement born out of loyalty to the fighter in question.

The "cheap" perspective, therefore, breaks both ways, since so many people have been exalting this professional fighter without giving a full appraisal of his ability, accomplishments, merits, and character.

Lomachenko is calling out a fighter with a championship title on his resume. That's fair play. Stripped of his title or not. He's an undefeated guy that was champ. That ain't cheap.

No interest in this fight beyond the fact that Lona is in it.

To say that a champion is not ready for someone seems like a statement born out of loyalty to the fighter in question.

The "cheap" perspective, therefore, breaks both ways, since so many people have been exalting this professional fighter without giving a full appraisal of his ability, accomplishments, merits, and character.

Lomachenko is calling out a fighter with a championship title on his resume. That's fair play. Stripped of his title or not. He's an undefeated guy that was champ. That ain't cheap.

I agree. Canelo fought Floyd at 22. That one thing I hate about present day boxing. The whole wait ten years for actual fights to happen. The breading process of fighters takes years.

I do agree that Davis ain’t ready for loma because he is never going to be ready for loma. Not until loma is 40 or something

Tank is not a champion, he's a former champion, lets not blur the lines. Champions call out champions. And theres a reason Tank lost his belt, cause he's an undisciplined mess who can't even make weight, is still callow, and doesn't have the work ethic to improve professionally. Ya think JUST MAYBE thats why Lomas calling him out?? Easy pickings? There are current belt holders who would make better scalps, like Berchelt. Where's the callout? Bruce Trampler is a fucking genius if he has you all buying this shit.

And i'm not loyal to Tank, i hate the fucker.

Tank is not a champion, he's a former champion, lets not blur the lines. Champions call out champions. And theres a reason Tank lost his belt, cause he's an undisciplined mess who can't even make weight, is still callow, and doesn't have the work ethic to improve professionally. Ya think JUST MAYBE thats why Lomas calling him out?? Easy pickings? There are current belt holders who would make better scalps, like Berchelt. Where's the callout? Bruce Trampler is a fucking genius if he has you all buying this shit.

And i'm not loyal to Tank, i hate the fucker.

Berchelt has been called out and made offers by Top Rank. They all have bar Machado who just beat Corrales. Floyd has been acting salty lately and threw some shade at Lomachenko. Lomachenko hit back by telling him to stop hiding (protecting) his fighter. None of the other titleholders want anything to do with Loma. This year proved it.

Haven’t read the article yet so I don’t know if it’s mentioned, but I do find it comically ironic that the picture of the article is Floyd vs Marquez(who jumped two weight classes to face Mayweather)

Edit: read the article; It was mentioned.

I mean, people still don't really give Mayweather much credit for shutting Marquez out and not letting him win a minute of that fight. This is despite the fact that Marquez, after getting shut out by Mayweather, lost a decision that the majority of the boxing community thought he deserved against the #1/2 WW and #1/2 p4p fighter in the world at WW (at that time), and then later KOing that same fighter when he was still arguably occupying the same positions in the rankings. Rigo looked a great fighter when he schooled Donaire almost 5 years ago, but he's done nothing since to confirm that fact, and, more than that, he was always small for his own division, let alone SFW (where he woudln't even weight up to on fight night when he was in shape at his prime weight).

Mayweather's descriptions are both ridiculous or meaningless (describing Loma as robotic is absurd), but let's not rewrite history, here.

I wouldn't even call it a fight and tbh I have no interest in seeing it.

I mean, people still don't really give Mayweather much credit for shutting Marquez out and not letting him win a minute of that fight.
agreed, marquez is a highly underrated notch on floyd's belt. yes, he was smaller, but he is a truly great fighter and he was taken to school.

Berchelt has been called out and made offers by Top Rank. They all have bar Machado who just beat Corrales. Floyd has been acting salty lately and threw some shade at Lomachenko. Lomachenko hit back by telling him to stop hiding (protecting) his fighter. None of the other titleholders want anything to do with Loma. This year proved it.

I don't see Loma launching a twitter campaign for the Berchelt fight the way he is with Tank. Its curious that of all the guys ducking Loma the Tank fight is what gets his juices going. And no, he's not just responding to Mayweather's shade, thats a lame excuse, Loma is a professional. He's going after Tank because he's been given the green light to.

I mean, people still don't really give Mayweather much credit for shutting Marquez out and not letting him win a minute of that fight. This is despite the fact that Marquez, after getting shut out by Mayweather, lost a decision that the majority of the boxing community thought he deserved against the #1/2 WW and #1/2 p4p fighter in the world at WW (at that time), and then later KOing that same fighter when he was still arguably occupying the same positions in the rankings. Rigo looked a great fighter when he schooled Donaire almost 5 years ago, but he's done nothing since to confirm that fact, and, more than that, he was always small for his own division, let alone SFW (where he woudln't even weight up to on fight night when he was in shape at his prime weight).

Mayweather's descriptions are both ridiculous or meaningless (describing Loma as robotic is absurd), but let's not rewrite history, here.

No one is rewriting history. I definitely give Mayweather credit for that brilliant victory over JMM

My point was clear though. Floyd was throwing shade at Vasyl for fighting a fight who was much smaller, While Floyd has done the same in the past.

Last edited:
Tank recieving a taste of his own medicine would be a treat.

oh really, they're gonna fight in the future? i was certain lomachenko wants it in the past.

This. Davis is not the best fighter around 130-135, but he's fair game, and I wouldn't mind seeing him getting bitch slaped all around the place.

Last edited:
Have TMT or Davis turned down an offer or something?

Who can Lomachenko realistically face (seeing as he wants to stay at 130 until the end of the year)?

Berchelt, Tank, Ogawa, Machado, Roman. This is a terribly weak division now.

Berchelt = good fight but it just feels pointless. No Mas impending.

Ogawa = Tevin Farmer level. Will probably rematch Farmer.

Machado = Too basic. Such a prime wasting fight.

Miguel Roman = Who? Lost to Miura. Stylistic threat, anyway.

Tank = No belt, but is a big 'name' and fun opponent, seen as talented. Doesn't seem like a a glaring prime wasting fight.

Tank would be the most pointless fight of all those you listed. Judging from both his performance against Fonseca and his out of ring actions, Loma would embarrass him even worse than he did Rigo. Tank isn't the same fighter that beat Pedraza, I predict we've already seen his best.

Loma needs to move up to 135 immediately, 130 is a shit division and he's levels above. If he insists on staying at 130, then it has to be Berchelt. But honestly, any fight at 130 isn't even worth watching.

I believe we have seen the best of him too, but that's not what most boxing fans think. They're mostly very casual fans that think he's the next big thing. It's a fight that'll gain Lomachenko even more notoriety.

I am in two minds about him moving up to 135 -
  • He will be TINY at the weight.
  • He walks around at 138lbs. He has a relatively aggressive style, which has less scope in higher weight classes.
  • He has the frame of a Featherweight.
  • He only moved up to Super Featherweight because he was avoided by everybody at Featherweight.
Who is there at 135lbs besides Mikey Garcia, really? Lomachenko will fight Mikey Garcia at the end of 2018 anyway.
Linares will most probably have a unification with Mikey Garcia next. That leaves just Garcia and Robert Easter Jr?

I don't think Loma-Mikey will ever fight. I'm not just questioning Loma's commitment to that fight,...i have questions about whether Mikey really wants that fight. My gut says it won't happen. Maybe TR will put Loma into a 135 starter fight against a non threatening opponent like Jonathan Maicelo or something. After that we might see him fight Beltran for a title.

Yeah, you never know with Mikey calling everybody out from all weight classes.
The plan I think is:
Loma vs Berchelt/Tank(not happening) in early March.
Loma vs Ogawa-Machado winner at 130 if they fight just to unify all the belts.
Beltran in December at 135
Mikey in early 2019
OR
Berchelt/Tank(not happening) in early March. Beltran in August at 135
Mikey in December at 135.

Beltran definitely seems like Bob Arum's go-to fighter lol.

I wouldn't be too surprised if any of that happens (except the Mikey fight).

Arum has to be careful though, there will be a backlash against Loma if by 2019 he still hasn't faced a test. I can't see any of the fights you just listed (minus Mikey) being REMOTELY entertaining. Old faithful Beltran comes closest because he has the power, but since he's under the TR banner you know they won't match Loma against him until they're sure he's totally cooked.

Oh damn, you know it's a done deal:
http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/152286
This is who they have facing Beltran for a VACANT WBO title. They're just gearing Loma up to his next opponent and there to test the waters.

Lomachenko's career hasn't been the most fascinating to follow. Every now and again, we're forced to endure Marriaga's, Koasicha's, Takathun's and not even a belt holder level fighter like Sosa is enough for us who desire to watch great matchups.

Very true, people are going to grow so tired of Loma if he doesn't fight Mikey. I just wonder if he's at 135 in the summer or in the fall.

YOU KNOW uncle Bob is going to make sure Beltran is VADA tested up the ass if/when he defends the belt against Loma.

Back