Lomachenko tells Floyd to step aside, calls Davis Out

Tank should be thankfull.
Without Floyd his name wouldnt be mentioned in the media.
Without Lomachenko he wouldnt get relevant at this point.

He should take this fight against Lomachenko but Floyd is a politician, so he will not take it.

Loma doesn't look good calling out Tank, lol. Come on man, ppl are talking about you as a great already and you're calling out some 22 y/o who's already being talked about as the next Broner? Not a good look at all imo.

Tank is the one who is ducking Lomachenko. That's the worst look.
He's 23 years old. That's more than old enough. He has more pro fights than Lomachenko and is a former world champion who has defended his title (before losing it on the scales).
If the other belt holders in the division were better or more well known than someone like Machado and Ogawa, then you'd have a point. But there are literally only two fighters worth something in that division - Berchelt and Tank.

His best wins are Pedraza and Liam Walsh. Loma is way above him, everyone knows it. He shouldn't be calling Gervonta Davis out, the guy can't even make weight, as you said. Why would a top p4p fighter be calling out a guy who can't even make weight and looked terrible in his last outing anyway?

It's a bad look for Loma anyway you spin it, unless of course you just want to see Loma clown on a young dude who's nowhere ready for him. Then it's a fight worth watching. But let's not get it twisted Loma can just move up or down and find somebody else worth a shit. Tank is busy trying not to get arrested again and trying not to get too fat, I like Loma so I'd rather see him fight a better caliber of fighter atm. Let Tank get another win over somebody who's worth a shit then we can talk about that.

At least Berchelt beat Vargas who drew with Salido, who beat Loma, so there's a connection and some sort of incentive to fight him.

Lomachenko doesn't run his social media, his handlers do. That tweet was about Floyd's recent comments and not actually about fighting Tank. He knows that it makes Mayweather look bad for criticizing him for looking robotic and stiff (wth?) when he has a fighter in the same division that he's protecting from the guy that he's saying this about. Lomachenko's next opponent will be Berchelt or one of the other titleholders if they can negotiate a deal. They'll expect a lot of $ because they realize they're likely going to end up losing their alphabet world title in a unification with Loma.

The last time Loma's team called out Tank on social media was when he was a titleholder. Look at the timing of events. This really isn't a hard puzzle to put together.

Tank is the one who is ducking Lomachenko. That's the worst look.
He's 23 years old. That's more than old enough. He has more pro fights than Lomachenko and is a former world champion who has defended his title (before losing it on the scales).
If the other belt holders in the division were better or more well known than someone like Machado and Ogawa, then you'd have a point. But there are literally only two fighters worth something in that division - Berchelt and Tank.
I agree, it’s not like Davis is some child who can’t think for himself.

I’d also like to throw out th fact that Canelo fought Floyd when he was 22.

I agree, it’s not like Davis is some child who can’t think for himself.

I’d also like to throw out th fact that Canelo fought Floyd when he was 22.

Comparing Canelo at 22 to Tank right now is not even close. Not even in the same area code, and that's just a polite way of putting it from me b/c I don't want to come off like an asshole.

Loma should be calling out Orlando Salido since he unretired last week.

Screw every other opponent. He needs payback. All the great fighters went back and fixed their mistakes. If Loma wants to someday possibly be considered great he needs to do the same thing. Don't even care what weight. Give Salido a 75% cut of the purse and punch his fucking face off.

Comparing Canelo at 22 to Tank right now is not even close. Not even in the same area code, and that's just a polite way of putting it from me b/c I don't want to come off like an asshole.
Idk what the argument is.

I don’t mind you coming off as an asshole so long as you make a valid point.

I see the argument going only one of two ways. Either a Davis defenders Can day that he is too young and loma is picking on a kid(see my point about Canelo), or the payday Davis would see wouldn’t justify the Lomachenko asswhopping he would get.

If I’m missing something or if my logic is faulty, please let me know.

Last edited:
Idk what the argument is.

I don’t mind you coming off as an asshole so long as you make a valid point.

I see the argument going only one of two ways. Either a Davis defenders Can day that he is too young and loma is picking on a kid(see my point about Canelo), or the payday Davis would see wouldn’t justify the Lomachenko asswhopping he would get.

If I’m missing something or if my legit is faulty, please let me know.

I'm not defending Davis, I don't get what you're trying to say either, tbh. Maybe we're lost in translation, literally and/or figuratively?

I don't like being an asshole to ppl who don't deserve it. I think your comparison of Tank fighting Loma and Canelo fighting Floyd is a terrible comparison. Just b/c a fighter is the same age when he fights a great fighter doesn't make them the same quality at the time they fight one another.

Canelo was considered a "live dog" against Floyd, ppl were actually giving him a semi legit shot to beat Floyd. Canelo had been a pro for many years, and had much more experience both pro and resume wise. Tank is a prospect, for sure, but Canelo was not only a prospect but a proven fighter and had been hyped as the next big thing for a longtime prior.

Comparing the two just b/c they're similar in age doesn't make the comparison justified. Canelo was a huge name in boxing and for good reason. Why is Tank a big name, what has he done to deserve the hype other than being Floyd's protege and having a high ko % and beating two decent fighters at most? Canelo was also making weight and not going to court for a bunch of bullshit at that age. He had his shit together and had a much better overall skillset, mindset, and resume than Tank could dream of.

All belt holders are not the same, all ppl who are the same age when they fight a great fighter are not the same. Comparing Tank to Canelo based on age and having a belt doesn't make them the same. Not even close, it's a terrible comparison. Canelo was coming off of a win over an unbeaten Austin Trout at 154, that alone should make the comparison dumb, but Canelo had wins over names, over the hill names at times, but at least they were proven and sturdy comp. Tank has done nothing of the sort.

Again not trying to be a dick but objectively it's not worth comparing the two b/c Canelo was light years better and more proven at his age than Tank is rn. I don't think you understand just how good Canelo was at 22 y/o, if I thought you did then maybe I would've been harder on you. Kid gloves from me b/c I honestly just don't think you get that it's a bad comparison, man.

And btw it's not the end of the world if Loma ends up putting a beating on Tank. Maybe it'l be good for Davis at the end of the day and teach him a lesson.

@Kovalev's "Man Bag" is informed and makes a good point that this is probably Loma and his team getting back at Floy moreso than going after Gervonta b/c of Floyd's recent comments on Loma. "You think I'm mechanical? How about I beat the shit out of your top prospect since you are old and retired and I can't fight you?" Makes perfect sense from that pov.

What doesn't make sense is a guy who's a top p4p fighter calling out an easy win when there's a more proven guy in Berchelt in the same weightclass, or better comp to fight somebody like Linares who is on a tear just 5lbs higher and would make for a much better win on his record.

If Tank was coming off of a big win and looking good in doing so I'd get it, but he's not and he lost his belt from being a fat, unprofessional fuck. It looks like he's picking on an easy mark here that's all. Not a huge deal but I just don't like the look of calling Tank out for any other reason than to shove it in Floyd's face. Which is kind of funny tbh.

Loma should be calling out Orlando Salido since he unretired last week.

Screw every other opponent. He needs payback. All the great fighters went back and fixed their mistakes. If Loma wants to someday possibly be considered great he needs to do the same thing. Don't even care what weight. Give Salido a 75% cut of the purse and punch his fucking face off.

I totally agree. Salido is the fight he needs to make happen. Just to shut up the casuals who only look at previous fights on boxrec and who love to pull up the fact that a P4P already lost once to a 40 year old mexican can.

lol @ tank saying you can't rush greatness. and ellerbe can fuck off with the beat of his music, too.

jesus, what a bunch of cunts.

Tank is not a champion, he's a former champion, lets not blur the lines. Champions call out champions. And theres a reason Tank lost his belt, cause he's an undisciplined mess who can't even make weight, is still callow, and doesn't have the work ethic to improve professionally. Ya think JUST MAYBE thats why Lomas calling him out?? Easy pickings? There are current belt holders who would make better scalps, like Berchelt. Where's the callout? Bruce Trampler is a fucking genius if he has you all buying this shit.

And i'm not loyal to Tank, i hate the fucker.

I did say, "was."

And when we start giving reasons why, then we start to have a lot of asterisks next to a lot of fighters names. Pretty much everyone can be criticized for something. So, if all things are equal, in this regard, then let them fight. Pacquiao's shoulder was hurt - allegedly - when he fought Mayweather. Sure. I'll believe him. But he still lost. He could have been rolling around on flat bike tires. At the end of the day. A loss is there.

Lomachenko is calling out a name in his actual weight class. Where do we stop criticizing? You know, even when Oscar De La Hoya went after every ranked guy that was topping p4p lists, and picked up some losses, people still found something to bitch and whine about him.

I have no problem with Lomachenko calling out a fighter in his own weight class. If Davis wants it, he'll train. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. If a fighter can't accept that, then they relinquish control over the one place they can assert themselves.

Not going to happen Mayweather will protect his boy I thought it was retarded when Stephen A. Smith threw his name out there before Lomachenko last fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back