Long & Winding Road to Recovery

BurntBrownie

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is my first time doing a log like this, so y'all take it easy on me if I did something wrong.

DAY 1 (6/5)

175 pounds

4 months of post-surgery and rehab meant no lower body exercises and limited upper body exercises, and this really just totally f***cked my routine. Limited workouts and not eating clean caused me to gain 15 pounds of fat. I'm a lot bigger than I'd like, and I WILL cut this down

DAY 3 (6/7)

173 pounds

I've recently gotten into a local (if you call a 40 minute drive local) BJJ/grappling gym. I really like training and learning in addition to the workouts I'm doing. Every class I go to, I learn and re-learn so much in just an hour and I have a lot of fun.

2cYRPT5.gif

DAY 5 (6/9)

173 pounds

Still takin it easy...light cardio, more upper body exercises, and light lower body exercises. I'm gonna push harder next week, but I've earned 2 rest days this weekend. I think the weight loss is definitely more because of my workouts than my diet, so I'm glad to see some results. Consistency, as always, is the key

Last edited:
Today marks 18 days into my regimen, and I gotta say...it's been real tough. I wake up some mornings wanting to just sleep in like a normal person. But the gains don't make themselves.

My current regimen has me doing 3 "heavy" days, 3 days cardio, with a day of rest each week. Balancing this with work and school has me feeling drained by the end of the week, so TG for that rest day.

Weighed in today...168 pounds! Really loving the results I'm seeing from pushing myself to the limit.

Short-term body goal is my freshman summer shape, on the top. I want dat lean and toned look (with dat firm booty ofc ;)). I don't look horrible in my swimsuit today, at least I can fit in it!

tFwQZvR.gif

FMts6si.png

Last edited:
Back