Longo the best coach in MMA?

He’s on a streak. Swings and roundabouts if you catch my drift…:GO ALJO! FUCKING GO ALJO!

Coached Serra to beat GSP. Weidman to beat Silva. Aljo top 3 P4P Merab 9 straight...

It's easy to coach Jones or GSP to win but can you coach the underdog to win? Longo can and has 2 of the biggest wins in MMA history
He coached Hendricks to a WW title too.

I like his use of swear words during fights. Very entertaining, imo.

He’s a good coach. As are many. I don’t think there is a “best” coach. It’s pretty much how much natural talent a fighter has to begin with. And the right coach can help them to become better. Especially if they can actually gameplan.

ie.. Whomever it was on Alexa’s coaching team that identified the spinning kicks of Shevchenko. And drilling the shit out of it. That’s badass coaching. And why she won the belt.

A cpl years ago the community was high on Wittman. Since then his two champs lost their belts (Rose, and Usman). Parillo has had a lot of success. So has Jackson/Wink, Zahabi, Abdulmanap, etc..

There’s good coaches and bad coaches. Longo is a good one. Respect.

It’s hard to take him seriously with his long island accent, but his record speaks volume

He's a great coach who belongs in the UFC HOF.

Weidman, Serra, Sterling and I'll bet Merab will be champ too. All 3 of his champs fought in stacked divisions too.

Not looking so good after Aljo abandoned his biggest weapon and got KO'ed while The Chris claimed they didn't train for low-kicks o_O

Coached Serra to beat GSP. Weidman to beat Silva. Aljo top 3 P4P Merab 9 straight...

It's easy to coach Jones or GSP to win but can you coach the underdog to win? Longo can and has 2 of the biggest wins in MMA history
Based on that last part, where a good coach can be measured by taking an underdog, should-lose talent to a significant winning streak, best coach in MMA is apparently Belal's

Anyone whose second fiddle to Serra in their own gym can’t be the best coach

One thing I like about Longo is that he really doesn't train a "type"

Weidman is very different from Aljo who is very different from Merab and so on.

In other MMA coaches you seem to find a lot more commonalities

Back