Longshot bid proposes to split California into two states.

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank God, some Californians have come to their senses. Split the state into two. Keep everything that is 'shitty' in one area and everything that is 'good' in another. I second that and motion for the 51st state of 'New California', the California that does not suck.

• Renewed effort is underway to split California into two states- rural and coastal.
  • The founders of the effort are citing high taxes and low quality of life in the state.
  • Monday they released their own 'Declaration of Independence' calling California 'ungovernable' due to the high tax issue.
  • They want to create a 'free and Independent State with full power to establish and maintain law and order, to promote general prosperity'.
  • Keep the 'Rainbow Brigade' and high crime areas in separate 'shit' California.

Story 01: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/16/51st-state-california-has-another-proposal-to-be-split/

Story 02: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5280167/New-California-call-split-state-2-rural-coastal.html

As long as they don't get two new seats in the senate, I fully support this.

I wanna be in the yellow but I'm on the edge of blue :(

Nevermind, I'm in the yellow.... Lets split this shit.

Uncle Lee would be proud. God rest his soul.

Evolution of the 'New California' state flag:

We were just talking about Florida in another thread. Florida also needs to do the same. 'New Florida' and old 'shit' Florida (i.e. Miami). 52 states. Even numbers are always nicer, plus it is an easier star fit on the flag. No, please do not bring up Puerto Rico. We already had that discussion. The idea is to improve the country.

I say just make the blue a seperate country & block it off with a wall.

"Famed cartoonist Thomas Nast used the donkey in his newspaper cartoons, helping to establish it as the symbol of the Democratic Party. And it was Nast who provided the Republicans with their elephant. In an 1874 cartoon, Nast drew a donkey clothed in a lion's skin - scaring off the other animals at the zoo."

"Assigning Republicans the color red and Democrats the color blue comes entirely from TV news coverage of presidential elections. But, until the election of 2000, blue was the most often-used color for Republicans and red was the color for Democrats."

Last edited:
If they're doing that, they might as well go big. Secede from the U.S altogether, with Hawaii following suit. Hawaii, in turn, keeps all the military hardware which they then use to annex New California as a "protectorate". Not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot, huh 'murica? Of course, that will mean the Donald will issue a 50% tax on pineapples, leis, and spam musubi, just out of spite, whether or not they were imported. I feel the cause is worth the struggle, though.

If they're doing that, the might as well go big. Secede from the U.S altogether, with Hawaii following suit. Hawaii, in turn, keeps all the military hardware which they then use to annex New California as a "protectorate".

Well, the proposed 'New California' would maintain the financial help the country needs. Hawaii can join forces with 'old' California. If the whole state seceded, it could also keep its military hardware. Well, it could try. The state National Guard could keep its military hardware but not the Active Duty component. It would have to be a 3 way alliance with California, Hawaii, and Alaska for it to work. Does anyone really take notice of Hawaii and Alaska?

Well, the proposed 'New California' would maintain the financial help the country needs. Hawaii can join forces with 'old' California. If the whole state seceded, it could also keep its military hardware. Well, it could try. The state National Guard could keep its military hardware but not the Active Duty component. It would have to be a 3 way alliance with California, Hawaii, and Alaska for it to work. Does anyone really take notice of Hawaii and Alaska?

And here I thought what I wrote was clearly a joke. Back to the lab again, I guess.

@Cint - yes, I forgot to Cc you on the flag issue. New California is going to need a state flag. A secession flag.

"During the secession crisis (Civil War), Northern California was securely in the Union's hands. Southern California, however, had a vocal minority of Southerners who had moved during the Gold Rush that wished to have Southern California secede from the Union and join the Confederacy."

Third time is a charm. American Revolution over taxes. American Civil War over taxes. New California secession over taxes. Americans love to fight wars over taxation. The Confederacy reborn...

@Captain Davis

Back