Longshot bid proposes to split California into two states.

As long as they don't get two new seats in the senate, I fully support this.

?? It's the size of 2 states now and it would become 2 states. If you're worried about a power shift, we could get TX to do the same.

We know now, since 1869, Secession from the Union is illegal. However, I'm not sure how counties/cities, secede from a state.

Maybe do what West Virginia did and seperate into a new state?

The state legislature has to approve it. There's no way Cali says yeah you guys can go on your own.

WV had a military there to make that binding and VA was in secession from the US govt at the time - hence WV called themselves the Restored Govt of Virginia. Congress made it official in the middle of the Civil War by accepting West VA into the Union.

I've said it in another thread and I'll say it here:

If this is truly what the people of California want, then I fully support it.

My only catch is, we're not going to change the number of stars that are on the flag.

If California wants to split up into two new States, then they need to convince either North and South Dakota to just become "Dakota", or convince the Virginias or the Carolinas to get back together (a bit tougher row to hoe).

Border counties should be allowed to vote on which state they wish to reside.

The Carolinas split before the US was a country and the Dakotas were admitted as 2 separate states.

WV is beautiful country, but no way were taking that place back with the problems they've caused themselves.

The state legislature has to approve it. There's no way Cali says yeah you guys can go on your own.

WV had a military there to make that binding and VA was in secession from the US govt at the time - hence WV called themselves the Restored Govt of Virginia. Congress made it official in the middle of the Civil War by accepting West VA into the Union.
Lincoln did it illegally as well. Kind of like he had the entire Maryland legislature arrested so that they couldn't vote on secession. He would not allow Washington D. C. to be surrounded by Confederate states. Lincoln raped the constitution.

Yeah, I'm sure all the bumpkins would do swell without the revenue generated in LA and San Fran.

<Dany07>

Yeah, I'm sure all the bumpkins would do swell without the revenue generated in LA and San Fran.

<Dany07>
I think they would consider it well worth it without the crime, poverty, illegal aliens, and weirdos.

That's the thing about us bumpkins, we can live off the land. We don't need the government to survive.

I think they would consider it well worth it without the crime, poverty, illegal aliens, and weirdos.

That's the thing about us bumpkins, we can live off the land. We don't need the government to survive.

It's easy to say that, but the idea that they can maintain the same quality of life without the main revenue generating areas of the state is pure fantasy.

Where I was in CA the trash filled yards with the "free state of Jefferson" signs were the best way to tell where the meth heads lived.

How exactly is the crime and weirdos in, say, inner-city LA affect a bumpkin in rural California 200 miles away?

How exactly is the crime and weirdos in, say, inner-city LA affect a bumpkin in rural California 200 miles away?
Because of the policies that politicians put in place to accommodate and/or to deal with them.

Like sanctuary city/state, higher taxes, higher insurance premiums, etc.

Because of the policies that politicians put in place to accommodate and/or to deal with them.

Like sanctuary city/state, higher taxes, higher insurance premiums, etc.

Taxes and insurance premiums are mostly locally based. Your insurance company looks at your zip code in order to quote your home or auto insurance.

Your, say, property taxes are based on what your house and surrounding neighborhood looks like, not how many weirdos and illegals live hundreds of miles away. And it's these local taxes that cover about 25% of California's schools

8-3-Funds-by-Source-550x463.png

https://ed100.org/lessons/whopays

60% are state funds and in California, we know what region contributes most of that (hint: it's not the one that's rural and poor)

Try again, please.

LOL, so the liberals keep all the wealth being produced in the state, then.

Let's do it to Texas too, since Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas all vote blue, while all the backwoods cousin fucker patriots vote red.

Another 2 state proposal:

A 3 state proposal:

A 6 state proposal:

that last one is weird. why separate the bay area like that? if it were up to me, and californians insisted on dividing the state, i'd do something like keeping that proposed state of jefferson, then combine northern california, silicon valley, and most of central california, and then create the last state with the territory that's left.

Taxes and insurance premiums are mostly locally based. Your insurance company looks at your zip code in order to quote your home or auto insurance.

Your, say, property taxes are based on what your house and surrounding neighborhood looks like, not how many weirdos and illegals live hundreds of miles away. And it's these local taxes that cover about 25% of California's schools

8-3-Funds-by-Source-550x463.png

https://ed100.org/lessons/whopays

60% are state funds and in California, we know what region contributes most of that (hint: it's not the one that's rural and poor)

Try again, please.
Okay, maybe they just don't care to be associated with those elements. They don't want to be lumped in with them anytime California is mentioned or represented.

No conservative minded people would want to be labeled as any of the above and California is associated with, liberal, PC, and extreme leftist ideology.

Okay, maybe they just don't care to be associated with those elements. They don't want to be lumped in with them anytime California is mentioned or represented.

No conservative minded people would want to be labeled as any of the above and California is associated with, liberal, PC, and extreme leftist ideology.

Now we're getting somewhere.

It's a symbolic thing. They don't want the icky feeling of being with the coloreds and queers and feminists. So it's an emotional thing. That's fine, but it really should be argued from this point of view instead of pretending like they have economic concerns.

Now we're getting somewhere.

It's a symbolic thing. They don't want the icky feeling of being with the coloreds and queers and feminists. So it's an emotional thing. That's fine, but it really should be argued from this point of view instead of pretending like they have economic concerns.
While I'm sure that icky feeling is a legit concern, they also have to deal with extreme left policies set forth by the governor that do affect them. So, the ickiness, isn't the only concern. While they may or may not feel the direct effects of the coastal economics, they are burdened with policies such as sanctuary cities or state in California's case, ridiculous gender identification, and political correctness to the max.

So, as more conservative people, they feel like they have no voice and there is nothing they can do about it.

The cities are where both the wealthy and the hordes are concentrated, so of course all of the liberal shill politicians pander to their interests at cost to the rural areas.

That's why they're constantly creating new laws to outsource these fucking scumbag criminals to our jails and our residences. They literally outsource their pedos to rural areas like mine.

The cities are where both the wealthy and the hordes are concentrated, so of course all of the liberal shill politicians pander to their interests at cost to the rural areas.

That's why they're constantly creating new laws to outsource these fucking scumbag criminals to our jails and our residences. They literally outsource their pedos to rural areas like mine.

That's interesting because "we'll build prisons in rural areas!" has been a campaign promise exactly zero times in all the years that I've lived in urban areas (90% of my life).

And if there's one side that absolutely, unequivocally, loves mass incarceration, the death penalty, and harsh sentencing, it's conservatives. Liberals are the limp wrists that are soft on crime and can't wait to release killers on the street, remember?

So it'd be conservative politicians that gain more from the growth of the prison system overall.

Back