Longshot bid proposes to split California into two states.

Who the fuck cares what anyone from Oklahoma thinks about anything. At all? We put the midwest people in the midwest so that we don't have to hear what they "think".

they are burdened with policies such as sanctuary cities or state in California's case, ridiculous gender identification, and political correctness to the max.

Sanctuary city status affect cities, not rural areas. And I'd like to hear how gender identification and "political correctness to the max" affects rural areas.

Hell, I'd like to hear how it affects more than 0.001% of urban dwellers. Keep in mind that Twitter posts by pink-haired lesbians, Youtube rants by leftist college students, and all the other things that you watch that send you into a frenzied rage, exist on the internet, not in your community.

Imagine. We could have TWO 80 billion dollar high speed rail trains!!

Sanctuary city status affect cities, not rural areas. And I'd like to hear how gender identification and "political correctness to the max" affects rural areas.

Hell, I'd like to hear how it affects more than 0.001% of urban dwellers. Keep in mind that Twitter posts by pink-haired lesbians, Youtube rants by leftist college students, and all the other things that you watch that send you into a frenzied rage, exist on the internet, not in your community.
I'm not really qualified to give a solid answer. I don't live in California. I'm only throwing ideas out there.

Obviously there are reasons, this isn't a brand new concept. If the rural areas aren't affected, I'm not sure why they would care?

Thank God, some Californians have come to their senses. Split the state into two. Keep everything that is 'shitty' in one area and everything that is 'good' in another. I second that and motion for the 51st state of 'New California', the California that does not suck.

• Renewed effort is underway to split California into two states- rural and coastal.
  • The founders of the effort are citing high taxes and low quality of life in the state.
  • Monday they released their own 'Declaration of Independence' calling California 'ungovernable' due to the high tax issue.
  • They want to create a 'free and Independent State with full power to establish and maintain law and order, to promote general prosperity'.
  • Keep the 'Rainbow Brigade' and high crime areas in separate 'shit' California.
Story 01: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/16/51st-state-california-has-another-proposal-to-be-split/

Story 02: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5280167/New-California-call-split-state-2-rural-coastal.html

Wait a second, my geography is a little sketchy, but do those retards think they're getting Silicon Valley? Howl.

We could do that with NY too. Seperate NYC and its suburbs from upstate NY.

In fact, lets just convert all major cities and their suburbs everywhere into their own states. This way the non-revenue generating remains of the states would be free to become conservative utopias/wastelands.

Riverside <36>
It will be a tough blow, hope we can survive it.
yeah that was definately LOL moment when Riverside is included. Riverside is for people who are too poor that they can't even live afford to live in crappy places like Santa Ana or Lynwood

I'm not really qualified to give a solid answer. I don't live in California. I'm only throwing ideas out there.

Obviously there are reasons, this isn't a brand new concept. If the rural areas aren't affected, I'm not sure why they would care?

Well that's my point, the reasons are largely emotional and symbolic, not material or economic.

The rural areas don't want to be associated with the urban ones because the latter have too many people they simply don't like: minorities, gays, liberals. If that rural-urban split happens in California, the rural Californians would be free of that nominal association, but their actual livelihoods would almost certainly be much worse.

Riverside <36>
It will be a tough blow, hope we can survive it.

I was featured in the Riverside newspaper because I was a transplant from Oklahoma and they interviewed me at a ska show. They asked me what it was like to live in Riverside, I just responded that I was basically living in the Oklahoma of California.

Wasn't a compliment lol.

Well that's my point, the reasons are largely emotional and symbolic, not material or economic.

The rural areas don't want to be associated with the urban ones because the latter have too many people they simply don't like: minorities, gays, liberals. If that rural-urban split happens in California, the rural Californians would be free of that nominal association, but their actual livelihoods would almost certainly be much worse.
So why bother? If they aren't affected personally by the undesirables, why go through all the split?

I wouldn't want to live in that political/PC climate, but if I was out of the area where it didn't affect me personally, I wouldn't care.

There has to be more to it.

So why bother? If they aren't affected personally by the undesirables, why go through all the split?

I wouldn't want to live in that political/PC climate, but if I was out of the area where it didn't affect me personally, I wouldn't care.

There has to be more to it.

I don't think they're REALLY trying to do anything. These secession or state splitting movements are pretty tepid. It's probably a widespread feeling, it just hasn't materialized into strong movements.

And there might be more to it but I sure haven't heard anything convincing. When you actually think through their actual arguments you find arguments of emotion, identity, etc.

I don't think they're REALLY trying to do anything. These secession or state splitting movements are pretty tepid. It's probably a widespread feeling, it just hasn't materialized into strong movements.

And there might be more to it but I sure haven't heard anything convincing. When you actually think through their actual arguments you find arguments of emotion, identity, etc.
<Fedor23>

yeah that was definately LOL moment when Riverside is included. Riverside is for people who are too poor that they can't even live afford to live in crappy places like Santa Ana or Lynwood
Lynwood. Hahaha! <{outtahere}>

lol most of the cities in new california are terrible like tulare and all of kern county,the I.E.

look how scenic new California is,lolcopter.
7936654338_5f389ccc78_b.jpg
What are you talking about? Why would you want some piece of shit beachfront Malibu nightmare or a dreadful palace on the edge of the Hollywood Hills to bring back L.A. dimes too when you could reside in that oasis?

I was featured in the Riverside newspaper because I was a transplant from Oklahoma and they interviewed me at a ska show. They asked me what it was like to live in Riverside, I just responded that I was basically living in the Oklahoma of California.

Wasn't a compliment lol.
<{MingNope}>

Back