Lonzo Ball: Bust or Baller?

So when Lonzo gets a triple double, it doesn't count because he's just passing to guys shooting 3s. Brilliant stuff guys.

So when Lonzo gets a triple double, it doesn't count because he's just passing to guys shooting 3s. Brilliant stuff guys.
They count but lets not pretend that triple doubles arent easier to get with the uptempo pace of the game. They'll count even more if he has good games more often than 3/16.

You know Ben Simmons has 2 triple doubles as well but he gets them in winning efforts, breaking down defences and scoring around 20ppg at about 50% as well. That's what's wrong with taking this triple double as some sort of godly indicator of quality.
I don't disagree. I just think he has the potential to be a triple-double machine. I'm leaning towards him turning out to be a baller and not a bust. I could be wrong though, but let's give it some time...

Not all assists are equal. If I inbound the ball to you from the sideline and you bend over and heave the ball between your legs from full court and it goes in.. yeah I get the assist, but did I really set you up for an easy basket?

They count but lets not pretend that triple doubles arent easier to get with the uptempo pace of the game. They'll count even more if he has good games more often than 3/16.

His shooting has been poor, not sure what that has to do with his passing though.

Not all assists are equal. If I inbound the ball to you from the sideline and you bend over and heave the ball between your legs from full court and it goes in.. yeah I get the assist, but did I really set you up for an easy basket?

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Step away from the computer.

Deliberately miss the point much?

What point was that? Do you actually have a metric or stat to back up your claim or are you just talking out of your ass?

What point was that? Do you actually have a metric or stat to back up your claim or are you just talking out of your ass?
Did you read the link? He has no playmaking ability in the half court and doesn’t do much better in transition. He can’t finish at the rim and gets his shot blocked as much as anyone in the NBA.
Which would not be a bad thing if he was drawing fouls which he is not. And when he does his sub 60% FT is abysmal.

Did you read the link? He has no playmaking ability in the half court and doesn’t do much better in transition. He can’t finish at the rim and gets his shot blocked as much as anyone in the NBA.
Which would not be a bad thing if he was drawing fouls which he is not. And when he does his sub 60% FT is abysmal.
He has the second worst Offensive Win Shares in the NBA (just ahead of the Mav's Dennis Smith). He has a negative everything when it comes to advanced stats or plus/minus.

Sweet Mary & Moses, that was about as enjoyable as games get on the day before Thanksgiving.

The part where the Lakers were down double digits to my Kings going into the final minute behind this Lonzo Ball...

d77.gif

Lonzo ball rap video

Thoughts?

I think he should look into plumbing.

Promising field.

Where's @Palis? I'm sure he'll make a reappearance when Lonzo goes 4-12 with 10 pts 12 rebounds and 11 assists and tell us all what a superstar talent he is.

Where's @Palis? I'm sure he'll make a reappearance when Lonzo goes 4-12 with 10 pts 12 rebounds and 11 assists and tell us all what a superstar talent he is.
I'm always around, work about 1-2 hrs from home, go to the gym for about 1-2 hrs a day. I'm about to add another room onto my house and redo the kitchen/bath. Going to continue to save that cheddar and purchase another home using this current one as a rental again but hopefully with more renters with 5 bedrooms.

I'm always around, work about 1-2 hrs from home, go to the gym for about 1-2 hrs a day. I'm about to add another room onto my house and redo the kitchen/bath. Going to continue to save that cheddar and purchase another home using this current one as a rental again but hopefully with more renters with 5 bedrooms.
that's some good shit fam

Paris trying to become a slumlord like his idol Donald Sterling

Back