Lonzo Ball: Bust or Baller?

2/15, 1/12 from 3 tonight. I dont care if its in the flow of the offense or whatever but if Im Walton Im slapping the piss out of him next time he shoots anything from behind the line

Lonzo is good everywhere else

Rebounds, steals, blocks , assists

Once he finds his shot he is going to be an impact player

Wouldnt bet on it...

I mean, he clearly has 0 feeling for shooting the ball.. One does not simply become a good shooter, specially when you cant hit 50% of free throws after playing basketball entire life....

I still can't get over a guard shooting less than 50% from the line... I don't think even Shaq has a FT career percentage that bad... probably barely over 50% but still

I can't understand how an NBA coach doesn't have the balls to tell his fucking ROOKIE to stop shooting goddamn 3's, especially when he's 7/48 from 3's in his last 7 games, and 11/61 in his last 8. His shot is so unbelievably stupid and impractical that he'll never be a good shooter until he completely overhauls it.

The Lakers just are below par in half court offense. Once you get in the last 2 minutes of a close game, you can just push the pace and hope to get buckets. Their best option, which is a shitty option, is for IT to play hero ball. Maybe it would be different with Ingram back in the line up, but probably not by much. I'd rather have the ball in his hands with 30 seconds left and down by 1 than Lonzo, that's for sure.

The last 10 games for Lonzo have been abysmal. I thought he figured some shit out after his injury absence, but he's regressed to the form he was in at the very beginning of the season. Son I am disappoint.

This is the part where I throw water on the fire and remind everyone he's still a rookie and that NBA PG is probably the hardest position to pick up. The fact that Lonzo has improved since the start of the year is a good sign. He's not the first guy we've seen with a poor shot that improved over time.

Especially when compared to Fultz who apparently ruined his shot completely before the season.

And I'll have a 12 inch dick when figure out how to add another 6 inches to it.

Last edited:
Lonzo is an average player that will get better. Give him time

Just wait until the lakers draft “Gelo” and “Melo” dynasty LOOMS.

This is already turning into a thread that will be fun to revisit.

OK its revisiting time. The season is pretty much over for Lonzo. What is your rating?

I give him a C+...which is me being very generous. Good everywhere... except shooting. He needs a mid range shot, and a floater. When guards go in front of the screen and chase Lonzo, he looks lost. He needs to learn how to stop on a dime and shoot from midrange, or at least toss up a floater. Also needs to work on free throws. A post game would be nice... but that's probably wishing too much

At least LaMelo is doing fine.

This is the PG Lonzo fans want but will never have...yesterday's line

B. Simmons 27 pts on 12-17 shooting, 15 rebs, 13 asst.

Back