Look out Holly! Megan Anderson looking jacked and shifting serious weight.

She needs to worry about her cardio and Holly running circles around her ish ishing for a decision win. Holly is a terrible fight for anyone and it's not because she is better than her opponents. It's just hard to fight someone who doesn't engage. Hope Megan can pull it off and give us the fight we wanted in Cyborg/Megan. If Holly wins I hope Cyborg goes up to Dana and slaps him.

The one thing I learned in this thread is that Sherdog weightlifters seem to suck at math.

For me, Holly and her Stupid yelling while punching air has to be the most annoying shit ever. I'd rather be captured and tortured by some terrorists.

Would love to have Hollys "ISH ISH ISH", Rockholds "Who do you think you are UUUGH" and Nate Diaz "Fuck thaat" played on my alarmclock every morning.

This comment is kind of ignorant tbh. Ok Holly's record is deeper, ok Megan doesn't have the career length that Cyborg or Bullet have but at the end of the day she is a very big, imposing girl, tall, long reach, very strong, A level athlete, 3 fight of the nights in a row in Invicta then became champion on only her her 10th pro appearance. She is well rounded and has subs, takedowns, ground and pound and deals damage in the clinch. Standing she throws heavy and varied Muay Thai combos, elbows, knees, punches, high kicks she's got them all and they all hurt. She has a heavy jab and nasty one shot power in her straights, well timed head kicks, knees to the body using her height and she has that killer instinct. Megan has finished 6 of her 8 wins and has won her last 4 fights by TKO.

She is young and hungry, 4 inches taller than Holly, 8 years younger and with a 2.5" reach advantage. She presents a legit and unique challenge to Holly.
You forgot slow, plodding, unathletic, got lit up by Tweet, and was terrified of Dandois.

If anyone seems ignorant, it's you.

For me, Holly and her Stupid yelling while punching air has to be the most annoying shit ever. I'd rather be captured and tortured by some terrorists.
What if they yelled, "Ki-YAH!" every time they shocked your balls. Then what, smart guy?

Trap bars vary in weight 35-55 pounds.

It’s probably around 275.

Decent weight for a WMMA. You can’t expect her to compete with female powerlifters.

Trap bars have become popular lately. Easier on the back than conventional deadlifts and much easier to teach.

Some people think they have more athletic carry over thank a conventional deadlift. Hard to gauge either lifts athletic carryover let alone which is superior but the convenience of the trap bar alone might just make it better for athletes.

It’s a great lift.

Edit -

Looked at her page I’m not sure what it is. Bumpers are tricky.

Could be 275 - 335

Based on how it’s moving I’m guessing around 275.

Teh 275?

If lifting weights equaled epic MMA fighter, then we'd be flooded with these dudes...

2u9j2tk.gif

...and lots of this...

wdGJ2.gif
Imagine a body builder years ago deciding which mma division he wanted to compete in:
- What about HW, so you can keep all your muscle. But the champion is Velasquez.
- uh, nevermind HW divison. I´ll drop a few ponds of muscle and go to LHW. Who´s there?
- LHW is a good idea it´s a shallow division, but if you want to be champ you´d have to beat undefeated Jon Jones.
- JON JONES???
- Yeah, Jon Jones.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

- uh, I think I´ll go bellow that, I´m not gonna need all these muscle anyway, I still got plenty. What´s bellow that?
- It´s middleweight. Have you ever heard of Anderson Silva?
- S.. Si... Silva???
<6>

- And then we have GSP's division.
<GSPWoah>

- After that Penn.
<mma4>

- And Aldo.
<mma3>

- And Cruz
<{cruzshake}>

- But
<209Bitch>

- You will be just fine.
<mma2><15>

Holm via "sheh ushh ushh sha" unanimous decision, killing off the only legitimate featherweight contender for Justino.
This. Bet your life on over 2.5 or fight goes to a decision. This will be a snoozer guys, believe you me.

I honestly think this is a good matchup for Holly. I think she's going to win an easy decision. She has fought some of the best women's strikers ever. No matter what you think of GDR she's a solid striker and Sevchenko may be the best ever.

Anderson is huge for 145 and she throws long punches and kicks, but in the few fights I've seen I don't see the quickness or footwork to be able to land on Holly consistently. On top of that Holly probably has the 2nd best chin behind Cyborg.

I’m gonna laugh my ass off when holly wins a point fighting match. Holly gonna make her chase her and tire her out. It’s gonna be hella boring. Can’t wait to see these Megan fans cry.

Lifting weights and getting big is not gonna help her make up the years of fine tuning her skills like Holly.

She was already a big girl and that was enough. She should have spent more time becoming more skilled rather than looking like she's trying to be the next crossfit star.

And USADA will probably KO her before Holly and Cris get the chance to.

the quickness or footwork to be able to land on Holly consistently. On top of that Holly probably has the 2nd best chin behind Cyborg.

Even her pad work - her foot work - is slow, flat and mostly in straight lines.

Her time spent bulking up will just have made her a lager target for sharp shooters like Holly and Cris (Parillo has cleaned up Cris' striking by leaps and bounds).

You forgot slow, plodding, unathletic, got lit up by Tweet.
If Tweet were younger she would have most likely decisioned megan.

Megan took two rounds to tko a gal Cris ran through in under a minute (a fresher version of Tweet I might add).

Another hype train will be derailed and she can go back to posting underwear selfies.

That said she got one hell of an ass.

Just watched her fights on fightpass. I'm honestly not psyched on her at all. Not sure why anyone would be, frankly.

UJ71yN6.gif

Actually not sure if Megan is going to make 145 at this rate. She looks like 185+ and still lifting heavy.

Weights people how many lbs is she repping there?

Well at least we will see two great badonkadonks at weight in.

Back