Look out Holly! Megan Anderson looking jacked and shifting serious weight.

I think Megan can and will finish Holly. She has the youth advantage, the height advantage, the reach advantage and she has heavy hands. She also has the desire to fight. Holly has one foot out the door and if Megan connects with one of her long bombs, Holly could be in trouble. If Megan can touch her chin and back her against the cage, she will finish her. She's basically a bigger, slower Nunes with no ground game but neither does Holly and she hits HARD for WMMA.

I would really love for her or anyone else to bring something worthwhile into the mix of that division, but she is about to experience quite dramatic step up in competition.

Tattoos and height.

Exactly.

I dunno why people use those, to make it look like alot more weight. I keep it straight 45lbs. I seen once that someone was using these huge plates that you would of thought were 100lbs but they were still 45lbs. Why? Are you really training or are you looking for attention?
I think their thought process is that weight distribution increases strength/stabilizers etc.

Exactly.

I dunno why people use those, to make it look like alot more weight. I keep it straight 45lbs. I seen once that someone was using these huge plates that you would of thought were 100lbs but they were still 45lbs. Why? Are you really training or are you looking for attention?

Bumper plates are pretty common in gyms based around weightlifting. Even in other gyms, they keep douche-fucks who drop the damn bar from damaging the platform.

I think Megan can and will finish Holly. She has the youth advantage, the height advantage, the reach advantage and she has heavy hands. She also has the desire to fight. Holly has one foot out the door and if Megan connects with one of her long bombs, Holly could be in trouble. If Megan can touch her chin and back her against the cage, she will finish her. She's basically a bigger, slower Nunes with no ground game but neither does Holly and she hits HARD for WMMA.
Holly's chin is solid, Megans chin is a little suspect, besides Holly if Megan lands a hard shot on her Holly she will simply ish, ish, ish for the rest of the fight and try to land just enough to get the nod from the judges.

Holly's chin is solid, Megans chin is a little suspect, besides Holly if Megan lands a hard shot on her Holly she will simply ish, ish, ish for the rest of the fight and try to land just enough to get the nod from the judges.

Would love to hear some "ISH ISH ISH" nonstop for 15 minutes!

These dudes? Explosive males of west African descent ? We got plenty of Ronnie Coleman types in mma. Fighting is one sport where it helps for your ancestors to have been selected for their strength and bred eugenically. Overeem has the Dutch height mixed in but all seemed to get that fast twitch gene mutation.

ubereem.jpg

15585.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Kevin-Randleman-Shouting.jpg
Overeem explosive? He's one of the slowest guys in the division and he was even slower in Ubereem mode.

Did we wake up in an alternate universe, were Anderson didn't lose to Dandois? If not, then she is irrelevant and should find something else to do with her time. Like dishes and laundry.

I’m curious to see her vs Holly. It’s a step up. But Cyborg’s fans were hoping for another challenger getting a TS in her octagon debut.

Did we wake up in an alternate universe, were Anderson didn't lose to Dandois? If not, then she is irrelevant and should find something else to do with her time. Like dishes and laundry.

Dandois is one of the best fighters at 145. She's probably as good an MMA fighter as Holm is. Let that sink in.

Trap bars vary in weight 35-55 pounds.

It’s probably around 275.

Decent weight for a WMMA. You can’t expect her to compete with female powerlifters.

Trap bars have become popular lately. Easier on the back than conventional deadlifts and much easier to teach.

Some people think they have more athletic carry over thank a conventional deadlift. Hard to gauge either lifts athletic carryover let alone which is superior but the convenience of the trap bar alone might just make it better for athletes.

It’s a great lift.

Edit -

Looked at her page I’m not sure what it is. Bumpers are tricky.

Could be 275 - 335

Based on how it’s moving I’m guessing around 275.
I think the outside two are 15’s, but I’m running out of pixels. 285, if it’s a 45lb trap bar.
Like all that you said.

If lifting weights equaled epic MMA fighter, then we'd be flooded with these dudes...

2u9j2tk.gif

...and lots of this...

wdGJ2.gif
Ya, but I feel deadlift is a really nice representation of functional, structural strength. Lots of guys, ie Gustafson, have great deads and no ridiculous hyper trophy. It’s mostly hams, posture, low back, everything you need for TDD or to produce power. Like, less explosive than squat, but maybe more transferable unless you are a fast shooting wrestler.

I dunno why people use those, to make it look like alot more weight. I keep it straight 45lbs.

Maybe those plates are the most convenient for her warming-up weight-progressions to her max weight?

Back