Look out! Now even the most inclusive companies are being accused of racism.

This one is my personal favs. Dude got fired over a watermelon​

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/detroit-firefighter-fired-for-bringing-watermelon-to-station

DETROIT (WJBK) - Earlier this month, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit. Second Battalion Chief Shawn McCarty calls it a tradition for firefighters.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he says. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon. We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended, since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.
"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," says Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

FOX 2: "Is it racially insensitive to bring a watermelon into a fire house?"

"To some people," McCarty says.

FOX 2 spoke to Pattison by phone, who claims it was not a joke - and he did not mean to offend his fellow firefighters. But he clearly did. Fire Commissioner Eric Jones says the Fenton native was officially discharged.

In a statement Jones says: "There is zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior inside the Detroit Fire Department. On Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, at Engine 55, a trial firefighter (probationary employee) engaged in unsatisfactory work behavior which was deemed offensive and racially insensitive to members of the Detroit Fire Department.

"After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the best course of action was to terminate the employment of this probationary employee."

In a world where racial tensions run high, some tell me the trial firefighter should have known better. Trout doesn't know if he meant anything by it - but feels it was a bad choice.

"For sure by far it was,"

The question is did DFD take it too far?

FOX 2: "Should he have lost his job over a watermelon?"

"I don't think so," McCarty says. "Between what he did and what was there are a few things that could have been done."

<{you!}>

Here's a BLM raisin.

il_fullxfull.39160682.jpg
Raisin the roof more like it

This one is my personal favs. Dude got fired over a watermelon​

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/detroit-firefighter-fired-for-bringing-watermelon-to-station

DETROIT (WJBK) - Earlier this month, 41-year-old Robert Pattison went to introduce himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at Joy and Southfield in Detroit. Second Battalion Chief Shawn McCarty calls it a tradition for firefighters.

"It's not mandatory, it's voluntary," he says. "You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in."

And Pattison, a probationary firefighter, decided to bring a watermelon wrapped in a pink ribbon. We're told some African-American firefighters were instantly offended, since 90 percent of the people who work at Engine 55 are black.
"When you get your first detail at a firehouse you pretty much know what you are getting yourself into," says Patrick Trout. "So you would have to say it was probably a bad call."

FOX 2: "Is it racially insensitive to bring a watermelon into a fire house?"

"To some people," McCarty says.

FOX 2 spoke to Pattison by phone, who claims it was not a joke - and he did not mean to offend his fellow firefighters. But he clearly did. Fire Commissioner Eric Jones says the Fenton native was officially discharged.

In a statement Jones says: "There is zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior inside the Detroit Fire Department. On Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, at Engine 55, a trial firefighter (probationary employee) engaged in unsatisfactory work behavior which was deemed offensive and racially insensitive to members of the Detroit Fire Department.

"After a thorough investigation, it was determined that the best course of action was to terminate the employment of this probationary employee."

In a world where racial tensions run high, some tell me the trial firefighter should have known better. Trout doesn't know if he meant anything by it - but feels it was a bad choice.

"For sure by far it was,"

The question is did DFD take it too far?

FOX 2: "Should he have lost his job over a watermelon?"

"I don't think so," McCarty says. "Between what he did and what was there are a few things that could have been done."

<{you!}>

Wow, that's fucked up.

Nothing racist about the ad whatsoever. Seemed to be more of a "pro-multicultural" advert more than anything, with all races represented. Only a very racist person would think that this has anything to do with "racial hygiene".

Just shows that achieving "racial solidarity" seems to be an impossible feat in 2017. One mis-step and you're fucked. Better to avoid the swamp altogether, and stick with your "own kind".

pure craisiness

this thread is the pits, gotta go to bed now because I am all out of juice. I have an early concord flight to napa valley tomorrow morning, gotta peel myself out bed before the wife stomps on me.

this thread is the pits, gotta go to bed now because I am all out of juice. I have an early concord flight to napa valley tomorrow morning, gotta peel myself out bed before the wife stomps on me.

fires in California - raisin hell from being in the sun for too long. it's so dry out there. hope your date goes well.

Too many pussies won't just say "You know what, I don't give a fuck that you're offended by something. Go cry to your momma."

I keep waiting and wishing. I feel like companies pulling adds every time someone flips out is training customers to look for things to get offended over to keep the cycle going. Pc is a corporate creation not a liberal one

is that picture the add or is there an actual video ?

with 24/7 news, you have to fill up the time with something to put on the air.

"news", analysis, and group-discussions about a soap commercial fills in quite a bit of air time.

See, I don't buy that one bit. If you compile the last 5000 hours of the major news outlets I gaurantee that you could list all of the topics they covered on fucking napkin. Lol

Dove, one of the most inclusive companies for both race, and different body types has been accused of racism in a new ad. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/...-14&sk=&cvid=A8D953BD87C2441688FA4B1FCF024825

Here, they are accused of body shaming for having different bottle shapes to represent different body types.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4974452/dove-ad-facebook-racist/?source=dam

And let's end with criticism of dr Seuss's past works and the museum. As well as the cat and the hat poking fun at black stereotypes.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...l-replaced-authors-claim-illustration-racist/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/are-dr-seuss-books-racist-experts-weigh-in/ar-AAt0a73

You can't even go one day without something triggering folks these days.
If you don't see any issues with the Dove commercial then you're a fucking idiot. But I understand how it's hard to think independently in this hyper politicized environment.

Alright, quit with the fucking raisin crap.

If you don't see any issues with the Dove commercial then you're a fucking idiot. But I understand how it's hard to think independently in this hyper politicized environment.

I think some dove soap could get that sand out of your vag. People are too fucking hyper sensitive. They were trying to show color is skin deep, etc. nothing to be raisin hell over.

Back