Look who´s still alive... ;)

Geezer convention!!

I just started working out again after like 5 years, where I surprisingly didn't get crazy fat (thanks low carb eating). But I remember the last time I moved around in front of a camera Lyte Burly got vid of me shadow-sparring with one of my National level Amateurs. He titled it after Jack Blackburn's nickname as Blackburn would often take Joe Louis alone and box with him. So to the geezers!!

Bonus, here Burly himself and Daijon:

For real tho, excellent to see you about and also not crazy fat.

Geezer convention!!

I just started working out again after like 5 years, where I surprisingly didn't get crazy fat (thanks low carb eating). But I remember the last time I moved around in front of a camera Lyte Burly got vid of me shadow-sparring with one of my National level Amateurs. He titled it after Jack Blackburn's nickname as Blackburn would often take Joe Louis alone and box with him. So to the geezers!!

this might sound like a odd sort of question, but i know boxing evolved a lot back in the early days, (1920's to the 1930's) at what point did it become boxing as we know it. the are several old school fighters that really stand out for having a more modern style back in the day, but by about the 1940's to 1950's fighters all seemed a lot more skilled. do you think boxing reached a high point or do you think it is still evolving?

That would be too much thread-jacking. But it's a good idea for a new thread and I'll gladly answer as best I can.

I REMEMBER YOU!
<Oku03>

Like most ppl I learned the Brazilian kick from your tutorial, it still holds up. :) Welcome back, great to have oldschool pros around.

Geezer convention!!

*old man gout hands high five*

Are you still in Vegas?

After I quit competing in TKD and focused on rugby, I did not have to keep my weight in the unnatural state abiding by some arbitrary weight class. Gained quite some muscle walk around @90kg/200lb. Feelsgoodman.

Yes, still in Vegas. And I hear ya on added thickness. Can't say all mine is muscle, but since I'm around 165 and most of the males in my family are around 80lbs north of that, I'm doing well

You're either Brandon Vera or Rick Roufus...

Yes, still in Vegas. And I hear ya on added thickness. Can't say all mine is muscle, but since I'm around 165 and most of the males in my family are around 80lbs north of that, I'm doing well

Nice, I've actually been to Vegas three years in a row now for the CES.

I kinda feel age is BS, I feel stronger and healthier now than ever before. The only thing I admit is that abuse and injuries from the past take their toll, but it is manageable. It is mileage though, not age.

Nice, I've actually been to Vegas three years in a row now for the CES.

I kinda feel age is BS, I feel stronger and healthier now than ever before. The only thing I admit is that abuse and injuries from the past take their toll, but it is manageable. It is mileage though, not age.

Next time you come let me know. Not only could you stop by the Gym, but I train a Karate instructor who LOVES to have guests come to his Dojo. He was a sparring partner for Randy Couture for his bout with Machida, and thus became one of the go-to sparring partners in Vegas for people looking for someone to mock Lyoto's style. Here's some clips of first he and his daughter (who is like #3 in the World in her division and has fought internationally a lot) at my Gym drilling with some of my boxers, and me having some of his students do drills designed after boxing drills my students do:

(The little guy kicking the bag off to the side by himself is my older Son)

In other words, you've got MA friends in Vegas you haven't met yet.

P.S. - I'm with ya on the age thing. Except I have much more joint inflammation than I ever recall having. But then again I'm capable of more now as well. But, I do think we need more recovery time. Those younguns, they bounce back from anything. We stay injured longer and just complain less.

Next time you come let me know. Not only could you stop by the Gym, but I train a Karate instructor who LOVES to have guests come to his Dojo. He was a sparring partner for Randy Couture for his bout with Machida, and thus became one of the go-to sparring partners in Vegas for people looking for someone to mock Lyoto's style. Here's some clips of first he and his daughter (who is like #3 in the World in her division and has fought internationally a lot) at my Gym drilling with some of my boxers, and me having some of his students do drills designed after boxing drills my students do:

(The little guy kicking the bag off to the side by himself is my older Son)

In other words, you've got MA friends in Vegas you haven't met yet.

P.S. - I'm with ya on the age thing. Except I have much more joint inflammation than I ever recall having. But then again I'm capable of more now as well. But, I do think we need more recovery time. Those younguns, they bounce back from anything. We stay injured longer and just complain less.

That's mad cool bro! Will definitely let you know whenever I would be around again.

I feel with the injuries that the ones I had a decade ago hurt more, but I do not get new ones. Muscles are less flexible, but also greatly stronger, speed is still there if needed. But I have gotten lazier ;) and in general less active. But it is a mental thing more than anything else.

Cute kid btw., good job ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back