Looking for a good space strategy game on Steam

El Che

Jefe de Jefes
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm in the mood to play a good space strategy and Steam has some good deals. I've been looking at Endless Space 2, Stellaris and Galactic Civs 3. Those who have played any/all of them I'd appreciate your suggestions and input.

Last edited:
Master of Orion 2

Still fun 20 years later.

GalCiv2 is my favourite I guess. I couldn't get into GalCiv3 like I did with its predecessor. It's a step back IMO

I wasn't keen on Endless Space so I never bothered with the sequel

One game I go back to like every year even though it's old as shit and was never a big name in the genre is Star Wars Rebellion. It has an awesome gimmick where you have a large selection of hero characters (Luke, Vader ... down to a bunch of dudes from books and shit that weren't even in the films) and they can perform missions for you. Like diplomacy, research, espionage, sabotage, assassinations, fleet command ... and you win not only by controlling the galaxy with your fleets and armies, but by hunting down and capturing the key heroes. You can also build some Death Stars and destroy planets, but then you gotta get your diplomats to calm shit down across the universe

I'm in the mood to play a good space sim and Steam has some good deals. I've been looking at Endless Space 2, Stellaris and Galactic Civs 3. Those who have played any/all of them I'd appreciate your suggestions and input.
I was under the impression that the Kerbal game owned this subgenre.

GalCiv2 is my favourite I guess. I couldn't get into GalCiv3 like I did with its predecessor. It's a step back IMO

I wasn't keen on Endless Space so I never bothered with the sequel

One game I go back to like every year even though it's old as shit and was never a big name in the genre is Star Wars Rebellion. It has an awesome gimmick where you have a large selection of hero characters (Luke, Vader ... down to a bunch of dudes from books and shit that weren't even in the films) and they can perform missions for you. Like diplomacy, research, espionage, sabotage, assassinations, fleet command ... and you win not only by controlling the galaxy with your fleets and armies, but by hunting down and capturing the key heroes. You can also build some Death Stars and destroy planets, but then you gotta get your diplomats to calm shit down across the universe

<Eek2.0><Eek2.0><Eek2.0> I play that game religiously as well. Every couple of years I fire it up for a huge galaxy/expert difficulty. I'm actually in a playthrough atm. I'm almost done. Capture basically everyone(taking Luke to meet the Emperor as we speak) so when I'm done again I want a new one to play, preferably something brand new. I do like capturing every single planet and having at least one Death Star rolling around. I used to play it multiplayer on Microsoft Gaming Zone back in the late 90's. Rare to find another fan of it.

About Endless Space reviews. The ones I'm reading about ES2 say that it's much different from ES1 and that alot of ppl who didn't like ES1 like ES2 for some reason.

I'm sure GC 2 is really cheap as GC 3 is around $8 I think.

Eve Online has a free to play option, and has recently made more ships and skills available for F2P.

Back