Looking for a specific type of racing games...

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Never really been into traditional racing games e.g., Need for Speed, Forza, GT, etc, but I really enjoyed 2 games from back in the day that were based off missions rather than races.

Midtown Madness (specifically 3)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

I have been replaying Wreckless on the Dolphin emulator and I forgot how addicting these mission based games are. Challenging as hell but in a fun way.

Do they even make this style of game anymore? Any Indies maybe on Steam?

And in case you aren't familiar with the games...

Judging by the age of these games mentioned, I am to assum that they really don' t make em like this anymore, huh? I was hoping for more games made in the last 5 years. I will look into Carmageddon though.

What about Road Redemption? Similar to Road Rash but has objectives to meet while racing. Not played it myself but that's what i've read about it.

What about Road Redemption? Similar to Road Rash but has objectives to meet while racing. Not played it myself but that's what i've read about it.

I remember seeing it on Steam a while back. Not quite what I am looking for but I guess beggars cant be choosers.

Burnout 1 is the best racing game ever. Try it and let me know wat u think
Never really been into traditional racing games e.g., Need for Speed, Forza, GT, etc, but I really enjoyed 2 games from back in the day that were based off missions rather than races.

I have been replaying Wreckless on the Dolphin emulator and I forgot how addicting these mission based games are. Challenging as hell but in a fun way.

Burnout 1 best game ever, try it let me know wat u think

Burnout 1 is the best racing game ever. Try it and let me know wat u think

Burnout 1 best game ever, try it let me know wat u think

Thanks, I've played the original and it was good but I'm looking for another racing game that is purely mission based. There has to be more games like this.

You might really like Mad Max, it is essentially an open world, mission based driving game

You might really like Mad Max, it is essentially an open world, mission based driving game

Yep, it is a great game, but driving is only half of it, and it follows the Far Cry 2 formula of doing the same thing over again in different parts of the map. The missions are mostly drive to point A and do the rest on foot.

Maybe the 2 games I posted are actual genre setters. Unfortunately, it looks like a genre that never was.

GTA 5 and The Crew to start. Sounds like you like arcade racers. Why don't you like Sim racers?

Back