Looking for a supplemental instructional that takes white belt from A to Z.

What a classic!
"he is moving towards a finishing hold!"

Why did Mario think this was Mario brothers and jump like that?

Anyone know why he tapped from the cut, was he rocked or just gassed?

It's a book but Saulo's Jiu Jitsu University is gold.

I think his site has the sections for each film up now ( I could be wrong).
How did you use it?

Is it easy to interpret the steps from pictures alone? Thanks!

Saulo's book is the all time GOAT bjj book.

I can’t imagine using a book when so much video is out there.

I had this mma book (forget the name) and it was useful but video is so so so much better.

10 second videos that show the same move from different angles along with some written explanation in a flowchart map would be better.

Not a fan - I take it?

Gracie University Online > Submissions 101?

Sub 101 was made by an awful grappler. From what I've heard Ari Bolden of submissions 101 did not formally train at the time, and the technique in the videos are bad.

I can’t imagine using a book when so much video is out there.

I had this mma book (forget the name) and it was useful but video is so so so much better.

His website also has everything in the book in video format.

The problem I have with BJJ instruction is that it is taught out of order.

C --> K --> F --> D --> O etc.

I am looking for a supplemental instructional that takes white belts from A to Z. There are just so many to choose - and few reviews online:

Gracie University, Marcelo Garcia In Action, Paulson's Combat Submission Wrestling Online, Draculino's online vids etc.

I know I need to work on muscle memory in an MMA gym, and I am doing that. Just looking for a recommendation for an online home supplementation in either "online access" or DVD format while off the mat. (PS: I looked at Maia's and Ribeiro's DVDs and found it too advanced for me.)

I greatly appreciate any help!! = )

When I was starting out, I did a lot of research and watched a lot of instructionals. For me. Bjj university is a staple for any bjj whitbelt. Roy Dean is pretty good too if not just as good. As good as those instructionals were, one night in class, I had a moment of clarity. Why the do I keep getting passed? I learn some pretty cool techniques to escape side and full mount since I spent so much time there, so my escape and defensive game was ok, but I had no offense at all. But my saving grace was the omaplata. Not the submission itself, but just the position it puts you in. From there, I learn how to granby roll and always stay in full guard. I dont think bjj or mma are sports where its A-Z, definitely starting fundamentals which BJJ university is great at imo. I think the best starting point is to ask yourself what areas do you need improvement in?

i went to
Renzo Gracie has an online course that has a new technique every day of the week and covers a theme, like mount week, or defending the pass. Good stuff. Like 10 bucks a month or pay for whole year. Also has takedowns, self defense, diet, mindset, no gi stuff and in the future hell have mma stuff too I guess. Good shit. I have a subscription and man it doesnt disappoint. Its alot of basics so far(just started in November 2017) but I have a feeling he cover advanced stuff as it evolves. Highly recommended.
site to check it out but it wouldnt let me view techniques that the site has im not gonna pay for something if i cant see what im going to get id gladly join if it has legit material and structured

Back